News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

How do you feel right now?

Started by Appelmoes??, Wed, 2005-10-26, 20:39:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Manatee

Quote from: Iggy on Sun, 2009-08-02, 17:51:52
Glad you are ok. A scary experience.

Thank you, sir.  It actually happened too fast to really get scared.  As potential disasters go, it seems to have worked out fairly well.   Obviously it would be more convenient not to have to deal with sorting everything out, but I'm actually more annoyed about a few other things than this.  I think I need a treat, perhaps being spirited away to Bora Bora by a bevy of scantily clad maidens bearing Devin Townsend CDs.
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

Iggy

Quote from: Manatee on Sun, 2009-08-02, 17:59:43
Thank you, sir.  It actually happened too fast to really get scared.  As potential disasters go, it seems to have worked out fairly well.   Obviously it would be more convenient not to have to deal with sorting everything out, but I'm actually more annoyed about a few other things than this.  I think I need a treat, perhaps being spirited away to Bora Bora by a bevy of scantily clad maidens bearing Devin Townsend CDs.

;D

I can relate to that.

Nicky007

Yeah, Greenie, also I'm glad that neither you nor anyone else was hurt bodily :)

I also take it that the fault was entirely the other driver's ?

It's of course always shitty when such problems arise. Any chances that you'l be fully remunerated ?  If so, can you afford to get another car ?

Quote from: Manatee on Sun, 2009-08-02, 17:59:43
... perhaps being spirited away to Bora Bora by a bevy of scantily clad maidens bearing Devin Townsend CDs.

???

Bora Bora was not the place to be in 2002. But maybe you thought that "bombs" meant sexbombs, Greenie ?  If that's how ya wanna get yer kicks, you'r bein more than ordinarily kinky ;D

But of course the be(a)v*s of "scantily clad maidens" could be excellent company  :D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Manatee

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2009-08-03, 16:50:52
Yeah, Greenie, also I'm glad that neither you nor anyone else was hurt bodily :)

I also take it that the fault was entirely the other driver's ?

It's of course always shitty when such problems arise. Any chances that you'l be fully remunerated ?  If so, can you afford to get another car ?

Thanks Nicky, and yes, the police confirmed that the other driver was at fault.  My insurance company is going to look at the car today and tell me what the situation is.  If it's a "total," then presumably I'll get paid the estimated current value of the car (prior to being smashed).  It remains to be seen whether that will be enough to allow me to get a comparable replacement.  If they decide to have it repaired, I don't have to worry about that, although from what I've heard, they're never quite the same after an accident.

???

Bora Bora was not the place to be in 2002. But maybe you thought that "bombs" meant sexbombs, Greenie ?  If that's how ya wanna get yer kicks, you'r bein more than ordinarily kinky ;D

But of course the be(a)v*s of "scantily clad maidens" could be excellent company  :D

Nicky.

I was under the impression that Bora Bora was an idyllic tropical island, but geography was never one of my strengths.   Would Tahiti be a better choice?  In any case, I still want the maidens and Devin (recorded, not in person, unless he supplies his own maidens).

Nicky007

Hm, that Black Nepal this afternoon must have been pretty strong  ::)

Yes, you were right, Greenie:  Bora Bora is the tropical island paradise  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bora_bora

Tora Bora otoh is the place where they replaced the sexbombs with bombombs / mountain atomizers :  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tora_Bora

It's probably more pleasant in Bora Bora, iac in December 2001.

Here's serendipity for ya:  Mount Otemanu in Bora Bora has quite an evocative shape:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bora-Bora.png

Judging from his looks and music, Devin's maidens would probably not be types that you and I would feel comfortable, not to mention amorous, with  ::)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Manatee

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2009-08-03, 20:58:26
Judging from his looks and music, Devin's maidens would probably not be types that you and I would feel comfortable, not to mention amorous, with  ::)

I dunno, I think Devin might be fun to hang out with, but my point Devin/maidenwise is that he's only invited if he brings whatever maidens he wants for himself because he is to keep his insane guitar-genius hands off of mine.   ;D

Nicky007

But if he's happy to just warm'm up  ??? ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Iggy

Cat is in vet hospital again  ::).

Stopped eating on saturday and hasn't started again.  :(

Hopefully it will be something easily fixed. Thank heavens for pet insurance the quote was £767.

Bupie

Nicky007

Surprised  :o

Since yesterday afternoon when I posted last, nobody has posted  ???

Where are all ya guys who always have sumthin to say:  Jonesy, Greenie, Paxi (y, ie, and i) ?

I know that Mad is off on holidays, and I guess Tom too. Is everybody except me away ?

I don't need the Room to talk to myself, so seeya tomorrow.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Manatee

Harried.

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2009-08-06, 16:32:28
Surprised  :o

Since yesterday afternoon when I posted last, nobody has posted  ???

Where are all ya guys who always have sumthin to say:  Jonesy, Greenie, Paxi (y, ie, and i) ?

I know that Mad is off on holidays, and I guess Tom too. Is everybody except me away ?

I don't need the Room to talk to myself, so seeya tomorrow.

I've checked in a few times and seen a similar lack of new posts to respond to -- saw your post on your new musical discovery, but as I haven't had a chance to check him out yet, I didn't have a relevant comment.

Mostly I've been dealing with what seems like a thousand little problems and two or three big problems.  Good news is that my auto insurer came through with a pretty reasonable settlement amount for my destroyed car, so I should be able to arrange to get new transportation without being out of pocket *too* much (still gonna be some unless I downgrade from what I had, which I might).  Meanwhile, I'm waiting to hear whether or not the crazy woman will settle on the stupid estate matter or if I'm in for a long pointless legal battle.   :P   Buncha of paperwork to do for my little "jobs," which pay almost nothing (but then I don't do a lot of work for them either).  Basically, even though I haven't left my home much lately, I feel like I need a vacation.  Anyway, come on back folks, I could use the distraction, and if you leave me alone with Nicky too long, I might wind up with a Celine Dion album.  :o

aswas

back on line. Been  in the hospital for 7 days. But all is ok now. Felling better everday
don't fly... too close to the sun

Manatee

Quote from: aswas on Thu, 2009-08-06, 18:57:20
back on line. Been  in the hospital for 7 days. But all is ok now. Felling better everday

Ack!  Glad to hear you're all right now anyway.  Seems like it's been a rough period for the Roomies.

aswas

It sure looks like it. We gotta stick together, and we will prevail somehow
It was cool to have my package from Verglas waiting for me. Can't get too much Arena here in the states. Prime example. today Contagion on Amazon.com is $72.00 US dollars I just saw some of  the Visitor was shipped to Amazon. Previously that was $74.00 US dollars. Unbelievable.

Iggy

Quote from: aswas on Thu, 2009-08-06, 18:57:20

Good news, Sorry to hear you were ill.

My cats back from the vets and is eating which is good.

The in laws are taking most of my time up at the moment.

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2009-08-06, 16:32:28
I know that Mad is off on holidays, and I guess Tom too.

I wish I was off on holidays! It's been pretty hectic and stressful since I came back from Cuba with all sorts of things and work and stuff. Next to that, I'm on the verge of buying a house. I've been renting this apartment for more than three years now and I feel it's time to move on. Just when I had figured that out the opportunity arose to actually buy my own place. So yeah all in all I'm quite busy and when I have time to sit back and relax I'm more likely to spend that time with friends in the real world rather than post rubbish on some internet message board... ;)

I do have plenty of time today so that's nice for a change! :)

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Steve Jones

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Fri, 2009-08-07, 09:38:52
I'm on the verge of buying a house.

A CD storage facility, as they've more commonly known ;) ;D
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Nicky007

Quote from: Iggy on Fri, 2009-08-07, 08:55:53
My cats back from the vets and is eating which is good.

Glad to hear that, Iggy  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Nicky007

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Fri, 2009-08-07, 09:38:52
I'm on the verge of buying a house.

Considering that it's marshland, isnt that what we call a hut, Tom ?  ;D

Seriously, good luck. It's a big thing in life. Tell us more about it  ;)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

maddox

Beware, i'm back.  :P

How do i feel?

Partly good, partly bad.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

maddox

Manatee

Melted.

Took til the second week of August, but it finally got unpleasantly hot here (Our Jacksonville resident would probably laugh at what I consider unpleasantly hot though).  Was out all day getting a new (to me, not quite new new) car to replace my t-boned one.  I'm pleased but even more concerned about finances.

PH

Quote from: maddox on Sat, 2009-08-08, 16:09:45
Beware, i'm back.  :P

Me too!

I've been away for some time. That's because I spent some time with my lovely girlfriend. She was here a week ago and we thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to go swimming on these hot days. On wednesday evening we went to her place. On thursday we got in the car and drove all the way down to Maastricht, a city in Zuid-Limburg (which is a province). There we (my gf, her parents, her sister and me) were busy renovating my gf's sister's new home. We had a lot of fun. :) Her home is a former bakery, and just when you walk down the street, you walk into one of the most beautiful places in The Netherlands. Very romantic place! ;)
Saturday evening we came back to the place where my girlfriend lives and we had some well earned rest. Today was a nice day for cycling. And now I'm back again.

And how do I feel? Well, it's difficult: I was happy, seeing my precious girlfriend's lovely face each day untill today... Now I'm stuck with you guys again... ;)

-Paco

maddox

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2009-08-11, 00:21:32
Now I'm stuck with you guys again... ;)

-Paco

So it's safe to say that you don't love us anymore!!!  :o :o :o

:'( :'( :'(

;)

Great that you have a great time, P.  *horns*

aswas

Glad you had a good time. It is 89 degrees here right now and it is midnight Toooooo hot