News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

How do you feel right now?

Started by Appelmoes??, Wed, 2005-10-26, 20:39:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Manatee

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Mon, 2009-04-20, 09:09:26
I feel everything but awake... ;)

Tom

That's good to hear.  I was afraid everyone here was a "morning person."  Personally, I think of the sun as a very annoying alarm clock.   ;D
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

PH

The funny thing is, when I don't have to go to school, I get up very early, because I feel very awake.
But when I DO have to go to school, I'm usually very tired in the morning...

I think it's psychological! ;D

Manatee

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2009-04-20, 09:28:27
The funny thing is, when I don't have to go to school, I get up very early, because I feel very awake.
But when I DO have to go to school, I'm usually very tired in the morning...

I think it's psychological! ;D

I know the feeling.  Staying in bed is very inviting if you've got something to do that you don't really feel like doing (school, work, whatever).  If you've got nothing you *have* to do, then you're free to enjoy whatever you like, so there's no resistance.  I'm definitely a night person, but I have enjoyed some mornings.  None of them were mornings, where I had to do something specific.

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Manatee on Mon, 2009-04-20, 09:21:54
That's good to hear.  I was afraid everyone here was a "morning person."  Personally, I think of the sun as a very annoying alarm clock.   ;D

I'm not a morning person whatsoever. In fact, when I don't get bugged by my alarmclock I can easily sleep until the afternoon. No problem! But on some days one has to get up early for work...I hate those 5 days! ;D

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Manatee

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Mon, 2009-04-20, 09:44:22
I'm not a morning person whatsoever. In fact, when I don't get bugged by my alarmclock I can easily sleep until the afternoon. No problem! But on some days one has to get up early for work...I hate those 5 days! ;D

Tom

I hated them so much that I quit (ok, really I hated the job; I can get up to go someplace I don't hate if I have to).  Funny how the paychecks stopped coming though.    ???   I'm going to have to do something about that pretty soon.   :P

bellanova

A bit stressed. We had a power cut yesterday, for the whole day....from 1.30am til 3.30am the following day. 26 hours with NO music! It was sorted in the early hours of the morning with lots of drilling ouside. They have taken half the road up to find the damaged cable. But now i have power again so i have lots of prog lined up!!

Steve Jones

Quote from: bellanova on Mon, 2009-04-20, 11:00:18
We had a power cut yesterday, for the whole day....from 1.30am til 3.30am the following day. 26 hours with NO music!

We've had that a good few times over the years since living in Telford - annoying as I'd never had a power cut in my life until moving here >:(

At least iPods and laptops give a little bit of comfort, I suppose, although it's difficult to take your mind off all the food you might lose in the freezer...
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Iggy

Quote from: bellanova on Mon, 2009-04-20, 11:00:18
A bit stressed. We had a power cut yesterday, for the whole day....from 1.30am til 3.30am the following day. 26 hours with NO music! It was sorted in the early hours of the morning with lots of drilling ouside. They have taken half the road up to find the damaged cable. But now i have power again so i have lots of prog lined up!!

That's very unpleasant for you. It also seems a very long time to be without electricity in this day and age. When we had our kitchen done I purposely went for electric oven and gas hob on the basis that at least one of them would be working.

The thought of no music for a day is awful.

Also

I need to train the cat not to sit on my Sky+ box all the buttons are on the top and she is changing channels randomly. Methinks this might explain some failed recordings.  >:(

PH

Quote from: Iggy on Mon, 2009-04-20, 18:08:39
The thought of no music for a day is awful.

What do you think of a week without music?
I did it two times, to see how much addicted I am. ;D
It seems I CAN do without music for a week, but it IS very hard.

Steve Jones

Quote from: Iggy on Mon, 2009-04-20, 18:08:39
I need to train the cat not to sit on my Sky+ box all the buttons are on the top and she is changing channels randomly. Methinks this might explain some failed recordings.  >:(

I'd love a reliable method to stop the little darlings walking across computer keyboards, as well >:(

As I'm not normally allowed to use the TV (Caution!  Soap fan in house!) I don't suffer too much with remote issues, but I was amused not long back by an unexplained issue SWMBO had.  She was In Possession Of Remote but the TV would change channels randomly.  Turned out one of the dogs was sleeping on a duplicate remote and when she twitched whilst dreaming she'd press a button.  This was only discovered when she woke up and wanted to go out for a tinkle ;D
Regards, Steve Jones

Iggy

Quote from: Steve Jones on Mon, 2009-04-20, 18:33:43
I'd love a reliable method to stop the little darlings walking across computer keyboards, as well >:(

As I'm not normally allowed to use the TV (Caution!  Soap fan in house!) I don't suffer too much with remote issues, but I was amused not long back by an unexplained issue SWMBO had.  She was In Possession Of Remote but the TV would change channels randomly.  Turned out one of the dogs was sleeping on a duplicate remote and when she twitched whilst dreaming she'd press a button.  This was only discovered when she woke up and wanted to go out for a tinkle ;D

I have a slightly bigger problem with my PC. It seems all of the cables are the tastiest treats imaginable.

I am expecting a frazzled cat and no internet soon.  :P

Steve Jones

Quote from: Iggy on Mon, 2009-04-20, 22:16:37
I have a slightly bigger problem with my PC. It seems all of the cables are the tastiest treats imaginable.

I am expecting a frazzled cat and no internet soon.  :P

"What are you doing in there?"

"Nothing dear - just looking at pussy on the computer"

;)

Regards, Steve Jones

Iggy

Quote from: Steve Jones on Mon, 2009-04-20, 23:07:01
"What are you doing in there?"

"Nothing dear - just looking at pussy on the computer"

;)

;D ;D ;D

The Butterfly Man

I'm feeling everything but awake again... ;)

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Iggy

I've been having problems all day. I found out yesterday that it is best to concentrate on what you are doing when closing a sharp pen knife. Apparently it is best to push the blunt side, who could have known? I used my right index finger which is the one I use for my right and left mouse button clicks. So all in all today has been painful considering that I use a computer for my job.

However I found that, although slower, I can use my middle finger.

::)

Manatee

Quote from: Iggy on Sat, 2009-04-25, 00:25:57
I've been having problems all day. I found out yesterday that it is best to concentrate on what you are doing when closing a sharp pen knife. Apparently it is best to push the blunt side, who could have known? I used my right index finger which is the one I use for my right and left mouse button clicks. So all in all today has been painful considering that I use a computer for my job.

However I found that, although slower, I can use my middle finger.

::)

Ouch.  At least you weren't cleaning a gun.  As for me, my stomach is not happy.  I think whatever Steve had a few days ago is transmissible via prog.   :(

Iggy

Quote from: Manatee on Sat, 2009-04-25, 00:35:04
Ouch.  At least you weren't cleaning a gun.  As for me, my stomach is not happy.  I think whatever Steve had a few days ago is transmissible via prog.   :(

Good point.

I'd rather have a cut finger than an upset stomach at least you can drink alcohol with a cut finger.

Hope you feel better soon.

Manatee

maddox

I feel very wide awake since about six oclock in the g*sh d*mn morning!!!!  >:(
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

bellanova

Im a little weary and hoarse after the Asia gig last night. I was pleasantly surprised as they were excellent. So much better than when they first got back together.JW was in fine voice. The best ive heard him in years and the others were brilliant too. I was on the front row too although it was a shame it was a seated gig. But at least i could see everything. Last time i could only see Carl and even then, not all the time. Well worth the ticket price!

Bupie

I am happy for you, Bella.  :) I have no idea what and when my next gig will be since I have not scheduled anything so far ...

Steve Jones

Quote from: Manatee on Sat, 2009-04-25, 00:35:04
I think whatever Steve had a few days ago is transmissible via prog.   :(

Only if you sit on the same mellotron stool ;D
Regards, Steve Jones

Iggy

I feel like I had a busy weekend.

Manatee

Iggy

Wierd.

I left the house in blazing sunshine and found Ice on the car windscreen. Then within 50 feet of my house drove into thick fog which lasted the whole way to work.