News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

How do you feel right now?

Started by Appelmoes??, Wed, 2005-10-26, 20:39:46

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Iggy on Tue, 2009-04-14, 22:50:25
Hey ho there is always next year.

I've been supporting Feyenoord since I was a little kid, and we say exactly that after almost every season! :P

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Manatee

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Wed, 2009-04-15, 12:56:46
I've been supporting Feyenoord since I was a little kid, and we say exactly that after almost every season! :P

Tom

We have teams like that here too.  Some of them even play football, just not, you know, football.
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

maddox

Tom

:o :o :o :o :o :o

Poor you.  :( :( :(
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Bupie

Quote from: Manatee on Wed, 2009-04-15, 11:39:27
Have I been cowed into silence on a misunderstanding?  Do people in Europe really call soccer soccer?

Well, since you Americans  play your football with hands (apart from a few plays, notably featuring what's now called the "Celine Dion style" punting  ;D), I wanted to make things clearer for you.

Quote from: Steve Jones on Wed, 2009-04-15, 11:44:34
Which begs the question, is France really in Europe? ;)

Well, since the cars drive on the right side of the road and you don't have to endure the national anthem at everyday's game, I guess the answer must be yes  ;D

Quote from: Manatee on Wed, 2009-04-15, 11:53:21
On the other hand, the French government practically always treats us like a bunch of a**holes, but actual Frenchmen tend to be surprisingly friendly.

Don't build too many conclusions over this impression  ;D

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2009-04-15, 12:27:58
Actually i think that the goal of Drogba is Reina's fault. No one should ever score from out of that angle. The horror.  :-\

Well, we all know that England has not the best goalkeepers in the world. But what really amazes me is that English teams also seem to select the worst goalkeepers from foreign countries  :P (to be honest, Chech used to be good before he decided to wear this helmet). I can assure you that there are at least a dozen or so French goalkeepers that would have cut the score of yesterday's game from a few goals ... 

PH

I feel... left out.
Dunno anything about football... or soccer...

I know only one thing: we call it "voetbal".

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2009-04-15, 13:35:22
:o :o :o :o :o :o

Poor you.  :( :( :(

At least we won the UEFA Cup in 2002! *horns*

I know, it's a long time ago already, but great memories nonetheless! :) Who do you support in Holland, Mad?

Tom

maddox

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Wed, 2009-04-15, 19:41:53
At least we won the UEFA Cup in 2002! *horns*

And let me tell you, that was a great match indeed.
Magnificient.
And i can tell you that i'm not, i repeat: not a Feyenoord-fan.  ;)

QuoteWho do you support in Holland, Mad?

Tom

Well i'm from Utrecht so for the important matches (cup fights and such) i'm supporting them but overall i'm a fan of Heerenveen.
That's the team that gets my sympathy the most.  8)

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2009-04-15, 20:13:03
And let me tell you, that was a great match indeed.
Magnificient.

It was indeed. I have so many great memories from that night, it was really unbelievable. It was something that just wasn't possible, but they kept on winning, and in the end they ended up with the cup! Quite amazing when you think about it.

QuoteWell i'm from Utrecht so for the important matches (cup fights and such) i'm supporting them but overall i'm a fan of Heerenveen.
That's the team that gets my sympathy the most.  8)

And when FC Utrecht playes against SC Heerenveen? ;)

Tom

maddox

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Wed, 2009-04-15, 20:44:28

And when FC Utrecht playes against SC Heerenveen? ;)

Tom

Then i forget that there was a match.  ;D

Iggy

Good.

Just had a pub lunch with the in-laws in a tiny village in Berkshire.

Manatee

Better than yesterday.    ;D

Iggy

Tom

I'm sure when I was much (30 odd years) younger they were one of the top teams in Europe

PH

I feel good! :)

Dunno if I told you already, but my ex isn't my ex anymore. ;D
Last week I met her and we both agreed that we should give it a second chance!
YAY!

But when I got home on saturday, I felt a bit unsure...
I didn't have that same feeling like in the beginning. As if I'm a bit suspicious... Perhaps even afraid, because 'it might happen again'.

But just now I called her on the telephone and we talked for an hour and now I remember! ;D

Can't believe I'm telling this on an internet forum! :P Just HAD to say it to someone!

maddox

Love Rules.  *horns* *horns* *horns*

Congrats, Paco.  ;)
Make the most of it.

Manatee

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2009-04-16, 22:06:08

YAY!

I didn't have that same feeling like in the beginning. As if I'm a bit suspicious... Perhaps even afraid, because 'it might happen again'.

But just now I called her on the telephone and we talked for an hour and now I remember! ;D

Can't believe I'm telling this on an internet forum! :P Just HAD to say it to someone!

Congrats, Paco!  I hope it works out for you this time.  I've found it's hard enough to even end up on speaking terms with exes let alone get back together.  When you end up liking each other afterward (or more than liking), it's a rare thing and to be treasured.

Iggy

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2009-04-16, 22:06:08

YAY!

Yay Go Paco.

Bupie

My girl's mad at me
Been on the telephone for an hour ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF1IpBD8i2I

;)

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Iggy on Thu, 2009-04-16, 21:47:23
I'm sure when I was much (30 odd years) younger they were one of the top teams in Europe

Yeah, those were the days... ::)

Tom

PH

Quote from: Bupie on Fri, 2009-04-17, 11:48:35
My girl's mad at me

;)

:o
;D
:D

Yeah guys, thanks for the cheers and encouragement.
Yes, I'm happy. But obviously, there's a lot we (my girlfriend and I) have to talk about.
But I'm really glad I can call her my girlfriend again. :)

bellanova

I went out with my ex last night for a meal as it was his birthday. I really wish places would do more vegetarian meals. I had a goats cheese salad that comprised mainly of leaves. It was nice but im not a rabbit! Anyway it was a good night.

Bupie

Quote from: PH on Fri, 2009-04-17, 16:28:42
:o

It was for the telephone thing but I guess this one fits better today http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnTmRKuMqqs

Love is the best !

PH

You're very much into that kind of music Bupie?
I mean, the music isn't really that bad, but the lyrics!! Mannnnn.... shameful!

On the other hand it has some kind of charming feel to it.

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Bupie on Fri, 2009-04-17, 11:48:35
My girl's mad at me

;)

Hilarious! :D ;D

Great lyrics too!

Tom

Bupie

Quote from: PH on Fri, 2009-04-17, 16:50:07
You're very much into that kind of music Bupie?

Not really but I listen to Madness with pleasure from time to time. They were really big at the time ... but you were not born yet ! And to me, as a French, they kind of symbolize the British singularity and sense of humour.

QuoteI mean, the music isn't really that bad, but the lyrics!! Mannnnn.... shameful!

On the other hand it has some kind of charming feel to it.

Frankly, I find the lyrics of this song really brilliant, in the sense that, albeit purposely puerile, IMHO they express perfectly the mood of a person in love. So I was not intending to mock you at all with that link.

And yes, love is the best !

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Fri, 2009-04-17, 17:44:59
Hilarious! :D ;D

Great lyrics too!

Yes, I just gave my point about the lyrics but they also had a knack for funny videos  :)

Manatee

I feel hung-over, which doesn't seen very fair considering I've consumed no alcohol in the past two days.   >:(