News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

How do you feel right now?

Started by Appelmoes??, Wed, 2005-10-26, 20:39:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Iggy

Was feeling very happy (after the match) but on the way out of the ground I got a phone call from Mrs Iggy who had trapped the little cats (Asia) tail in the door. She is now in the vet hospital waiting to be operated on and Mrs Iggy is feeling like sh*t.

She is beside herself with worry as we got Asia spayed last week and 2 general aesthetics so close together is not good.

So here is hoping all goes well for Asia.

Lifes a bitch sometimes.  :(

Steve Jones

Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Nicky007

Quote from: Iggy on Sun, 2009-04-05, 00:08:00

Me too, the kitty, that is  :)   (not the group, I don't care about'm)

How is she faring, Iggy ?

Lifes a bitch sometimes.  :(

Basically it is ... but bitches can be fantabulous too  :-\

Yeah, they closed my internet connection - what a drag, but fortunately my e-mail is still open - but now I'm at Ms 007's, so I got time to bug ya guys - which I'v already done  :P

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Iggy

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sun, 2009-04-05, 10:09:38
Me too, the kitty, that is  :)   (not the group, I don't care about'm)

How is she faring, Iggy ?

Basically it is ... but bitches can be fantabulous too  :-\

Yeah, they closed my internet connection - what a drag, but fortunately my e-mail is still open - but now I'm at Ms 007's, so I got time to bug ya guys - which I'v already done  :P

Nicky.

The vet didn't have to amputate the end of her tail which is a relief.

She is wearing a plastic collar (which is not impressing her in the slightest)  most of the time she has ripped it off about 4 times in the last hour.

We are now internetting together or she's attacking my foot.

Steve Jones

Quote from: Iggy on Sun, 2009-04-05, 12:43:48
The vet didn't have to amputate the end of her tail which is a relief.

Yay for nine lives! ;D
Regards, Steve Jones

Iggy

Steve Jones

Quote from: Iggy on Sun, 2009-04-05, 12:50:41
Knowing Asia she'll need about 90  ::)

Fingers crossed that she'll continue to have the luck of the devil for which cats are renowned.  We've been pretty lucky with long lives for all of ours, apart from poor Samson who didn't even make his second birthday.

Samson grew to be a very large cat (not fat, just big!) but developed breathing difficulties which eventually finished him.  He was brilliant, though, you should have heard him growl at the dogs!
Regards, Steve Jones

Iggy

Quote from: Steve Jones on Sun, 2009-04-05, 12:59:14
Fingers crossed that she'll continue to have the luck of the devil for which cats are renowned.  We've been pretty lucky with long lives for all of ours, apart from poor Samson who didn't even make his second birthday.

Samson grew to be a very large cat (not fat, just big!) but developed breathing difficulties which eventually finished him.  He was brilliant, though, you should have heard him growl at the dogs!

That is a sad story. He looked fantastic.

How is the rest of your menagerie getting on?

Steve Jones

Quote from: Iggy on Sun, 2009-04-05, 13:16:54
How is the rest of your menagerie getting on?

Three cats and one dog all functioning wholly within design parameters. 8)

A further dog with epilepsy, but for whom the medication seems to be 100% effective - no fits since the tablets started. 8)

Finally a third dog who is really old and had a stroke a month or so back.  She's doing OK now, but she's of an age where every new day is a blessing...
Regards, Steve Jones

Nicky007

Quote from: Steve Jones on Sun, 2009-04-05, 13:26:35
Finally a third dog ...

How about the one to the left ?  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

PH

I feel quite good today. :)
The fact that the sun is shining helps a bit too. :)

PH

I feel ok. I had no problem getting out of bed relatively early this morning. That's a good thing I suppose.
There's a lot to do today. There are two tests, one tomorrow and one the day after tomorrow. And there are still some things I have to do.

But I'm quite optimistic at the moment! :)

maddox

I feel sad.

Last Thursday the father of a friend of mine passed away.

He was always a cheer-up guy that laughed all the time and making jokes or fooled someone and laughed even harder when others fooled him.
He was 81 years old so i guess you can say that he made the most of his but although he didn't want to go on in the end and basically was preparing himself for the end, it still feels sad.

I'll miss him.

Today is his funeral.  :(
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: maddox on Tue, 2009-04-07, 11:28:20
I feel sad.

He was always a cheer-up guy that laughed all the time and making jokes or fooled someone and laughed even harder when others fooled him.
He was 81 years old so i guess you can say that he made the most of his but although he didn't want to go on in the end and basically was preparing himself for the end, it still feels sad.

I'll miss him.

Sorry to hear that. All the best Alex!

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

PH

Quote from: maddox on Tue, 2009-04-07, 11:28:20
I feel sad.

I'll miss him.

Sad indeed. It's a great loss when a cheerful character passes away.
Lots of strenght to you, your friend and his family.

PH

Ok, I went to the doctor and it seems that I'm diagnosed with Acute Bronchitis... :(
So, now I know what all the coughing was all about.
Nothing too serious luckily, but very tiring...

I hope in a few weeks it will be over. It's been too long already. >:(

Iggy

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2009-04-07, 11:46:52
Ok, I went to the doctor and it seems that I'm diagnosed with Acute Bronchitis... :(
So, now I know what all the coughing was all about.
Nothing too serious luckily, but very tiring...

I hope in a few weeks it will be over. It's been too long already. >:(

That's not good.

Hope you feel better soon.

I am now officially on holiday so am feeling good.

I get to do the cat sitting.

Steve Jones

Quote from: Iggy on Tue, 2009-04-07, 18:29:07
I get to do the cat sitting.

How's the wounded-tail kittie doing?
Regards, Steve Jones

Iggy

Quote from: Steve Jones on Tue, 2009-04-07, 19:02:35
How's the wounded-tail kittie doing?

She is very p*ssed off. She doesn't like being incarcerated or wearing a buster collar.

And to cap it all Mrs Iggy is calling her bucket head which personally, since she caused it, is harsh.

Steve Jones

Quote from: Iggy on Tue, 2009-04-07, 20:13:33
And to cap it all Mrs Iggy is calling her bucket head which personally, since she caused it, is harsh.

Well at least she can see a funny side to it now :)  Many years ago my mother had a cat that needed one of these conical collar things on for reasons that now elude my fading brain cell.  He spent pretty much all of his waking hours walking backwards, presumably in the belief that he'd eventually emerge from this long white tunnel.  I, on the other hand, spent most of my waking hours doubled-up with the giggles ;D
Regards, Steve Jones

Manatee

A bit concerned: I just read the caption under Paco's avatar as "The bigger events can have smaller cheeses."    :-\

"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

Iggy

Quote from: Manatee on Tue, 2009-04-07, 23:02:04
A bit concerned: I just read the caption under Paco's avatar as "The bigger events can have smaller cheeses."    :-\

Hmmm time for glasses  ;D or time to stop obsessing about cheese  ;D ;D

On topic optimistic. Wormtale Buckethead is doing very well according to the vet.  *horns*

Steve Jones

Quote from: Iggy on Wed, 2009-04-08, 10:54:23
Wormtale Buckethead is doing very well according to the vet.  *horns*

And as a bonus has been trained to collect take-outs from KFC  ;)
Regards, Steve Jones

Manatee

You have KFC in the U.K.?  On behalf of the colonies, I offer our sincere apologies.  We'd also like to offer you a Wendy's as reparations.  Still a bit greasy, but higher quality grease.

"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

Steve Jones

Quote from: Manatee on Wed, 2009-04-08, 20:01:49
You have KFC in the U.K.?  On behalf of the colonies, I offer our sincere apologies.

Apology accepted.  Not a fan of Kentucky Fried Sparrow myself, or little chips (fries) that exhibit many of the qualities of Lego Bricks. :o
Regards, Steve Jones