News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

How do you feel right now?

Started by Appelmoes??, Wed, 2005-10-26, 20:39:46

Previous topic - Next topic

maddox

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Nicky007

Grandma died peacefully Sunday morning.

It all happened very fast, and Ms 007, her brother, his wife, I, and the grandchildren are devastated.

All the best to you, dear Grandma  :)

And thanks, guys, for all your good thoughts  :)

Afterwards it seems impossible to get going with life again, but slowly one does, first in small stretches, then longer .....

I guess that's how it works.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Iggy

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2009-03-23, 11:54:50

It all happened very fast, and Ms 007, her brother, his wife, I, and the grandchildren are devastated.

Afterwards it seems impossible to get going with life again, but slowly one does, first in small stretches, then longer .....

Nicky.

Sorry to hear that Nicky.

Indeed it is how it works.

Steve Jones

Sad news, especially so soon after Pusle :'(

Bad news always seems to hunt in packs.  On the pet front over the last month or two we've had:

• One cat that wouldn't eat and seemed to be at death's door for a whole week.  Fortunately an injection pretty much fixed him within a couple of hours.
  • One dog that started to have epileptic fits - really frightening at first but she's now on tablets that seem to control things.
  • Another dog that had a stroke.  She's now OK-ish but, given her age, it's only a matter of time until she's taken from us.
Dark times...
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Iggy

Quote from: Steve Jones on Mon, 2009-03-23, 15:10:21
Sad news, especially so soon after Pusle :'(

Bad news always seems to hunt in packs.  On the pet front over the last month or two we've had:

• One cat that wouldn't eat and seemed to be at death's door for a whole week.  Fortunately an injection pretty much fixed him within a couple of hours.
  • One dog that started to have epileptic fits - really frightening at first but she's now on tablets that seem to control things.
  • Another dog that had a stroke.  She's now OK-ish but, given her age, it's only a matter of time until she's taken from us.
Dark times...

That is not pleasant either.

PH

Sorry to hear that. But I'm glad she went peacefully.
Still, it always knocks you down. Makes you feel powerless.

Must have been difficult to have so little time to say goodbye, when it all happens so fast.

Yes... it's strange. But it seems that life moves on. We still have our duties on Earth. There's hardly ever time to think about.

Lots of strength to you and Ms007.

Bupie

Sorry, Nicky, sharing yours and Ms 007 pain  :(

maddox

Sorry to heat that, Nicky.  :(
Be thankful for that time that she had and the time that you've spend with her.

I wish you and your family the strength you need to cope with this loss.

Nicky007

So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

I feel nervous...

Tomorrow I have to give a lesson about the human skeleton. And another lesson about the reflex system.
But I haven't prepared the lessons yet. It's not that much of a task, but for some reason I cannot get myself to do it.
It's very frustrating and it's something that happens quite a lot lately.

Manatee

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2009-03-23, 18:04:45
I feel nervous...

Tomorrow I have to give a lesson about the human skeleton. And another lesson about the reflex system.
But I haven't prepared the lessons yet. It's not that much of a task, but for some reason I cannot get myself to do it.

I can relate to that.  I have a writing project that should have been completed by now, but for some reason I just keep turning away from it instead of finishing the thing.  It should only take one good day's work, and I've done such things before, so I don't really have a reason.  I can't blame all of it on being afraid Steve will beat me to the punch with a Half Man Half Biscuit reference.   ;)
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

Manatee

Nicky.

My condolences as well, Nicky.  When you reach a certain point in life, you start to lose people more often.  It doesn't make it any less sad though.  I think the best tribute is to remember the things you loved about them.

Teunis

My deepest condolences to you as well Nicky, wishing you and your family a lot of strength!
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

The Butterfly Man

Maybe a bit late, but my condolences as well, Nicky! I hope you're already feeling a bit better though! :)

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

PH

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2009-03-23, 18:04:45
I feel nervous...

(Oh no! I have quoted myself!)

Feeling much better today. Both lessons turned out very well. But I just need to be a bit less 'friendly'. Those kids aren't always that friendly too. It's time for 'angry-Paco'. But I'm making progress.

After swimming 30 tracks in one hour, I feel very tired, but it makes me feel alive again. :P

-Paco

keyboardistmatt

I feel down... but I'd rather not talk about it. :(
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

maddox

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Tue, 2009-03-24, 22:59:23

*taps Matt on his shoulders.   :-\

PH

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Tue, 2009-03-24, 22:59:23

I'm sorry to hear that, Matt.

bellanova

Deepest sympathy Nicky and hope you feel better soon Matt xx

keyboardistmatt

Right now I feel better than I did this time yesterday.

Thanks for your wishes guys!
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Manatee

A bit out of sorts for undefined reasons.  I'm self-medicating by playing some of the best music ever recorded.   *horns*

Steve Jones

Asphyxiated.

One of the cats has just curled-off what is possibly the evilest mound of poo-poo in the whole history of poo-poo.  Even opening the windows hasn't shifted the odour (if I didn't know better I'd swear he'd been on the Guinness last night) and I've emptied every can of air-freshener in the house.

Dirty little b*st*rd didn't even bury it in the litter, just left it sizzling on top as if he was proud of it >:(
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Iggy

Quote from: Steve Jones on Sat, 2009-03-28, 10:00:35
Asphyxiated.

One of the cats has just curled-off what is possibly the evilest mound of poo-poo in the whole history of poo-poo.  Even opening the windows hasn't shifted the odour (if I didn't know better I'd swear he'd been on the Guinness last night) and I've emptied every can of air-freshener in the house.

Dirty little b*st*rd didn't even bury it in the litter, just left it sizzling on top as if he was proud of it >:(

;D

You should give the cat some treats after that awesome display.

Nicky007

Oh God, do I miss my little Pusle. I know, she wasnt a human, but anyway .....  :-* :'( :( :) ;D 8) ::) :-X

"I will remember
You will remember the star that came tonight."

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bellanova

Awww i feel for you Nicky and im sure she sees you from cat heaven.Ttry and remember all the good times and smile. The pain will lessen in time but i know its hard. I still miss my cat and i lost her 7 years ago. I carry a picture of her everywhere i go and now laugh when i think of her. :)