News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

How do you feel right now?

Started by Appelmoes??, Wed, 2005-10-26, 20:39:46

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Iggy on Wed, 2009-01-07, 21:08:06
And I hope you get better soon Tom.

Thanks Iggy. The flu is still present but I feel a little bit better than yesterday. I slept through most of the day so that made up for a couple of miserable nights. Here's hoping for another improvement tomorrow!

Good luck with coming up with names for your cat(s)!

What about Miracle and Sleeper? ;)

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

PH

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Wed, 2009-01-07, 22:28:58
What about Miracle and Sleeper? ;)

That's also a really nice one!

I still like Jenesys though... ::)

Bupie

I feel very sad because one of my best friends and work mate just got fired today. Life sometimes sucks  :(

Nicky007

Understandable, Bupie  :(

What was the reason ?

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Bupie

Personal revenge from people who recently took in charge ...  :P

Nicky007

And nothing you can do about it without risking your own position ?

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

Man, that sucks big time...

Iggy

Quote from: Bupie on Thu, 2009-01-08, 15:26:09
Personal revenge from people who recently took in charge ...  :P

Bummer.

I've been through that. It seems really unfair that bad bosses seem to move from one company to another despite the fact they were crap at their last job and people who actually achieve something can fall by the way side.

Send him my best Bups and I hope he gets a better job next time.

By the way in case any of you are interested Mrs I'scat is definitely (maybe) going tobe called Asia. I am currently allowed  ::) tp call mine Ayreon or Shadow (gallery  ;D).

Although Elea and Seren(ity) are in with a shout. So who ever suggested that is a smart ar*e.

Bupie

Quote from: Iggy on Thu, 2009-01-08, 21:18:14
I've been through that. It seems really unfair that bad bosses seem to move from one company to another despite the fact they were crap at their last job and people who actually achieve something can fall by the way side.

The problem in this case is that they are elected bosses  :P

QuoteSend him my best Bups and I hope he gets a better job next time.

Thanks  ;)

maddox

I feel...Amazed!  :o

The recent posts list is...huge!
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Steve Jones

I feel 'at risk' :o

SWMBO is obviously at a difficult stage in 'Tomb Raider Underworld' on the XBox in the lounge, if the bad language is anything to go by.  The dogs and I are holed up in the study, waiting for peace to break out. ;) ;) ;)
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Nicky007

Quote from: Steve Jones on Fri, 2009-01-09, 23:24:36
I feel 'at risk' :o

The dogs and I are holed up in the study, waiting for peace to break out. ;) ;) ;)

You should'v gotten some bigger dogs, Jonesey, maybe Baskervilles-type curs  ;D

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2009-01-09, 21:53:34
I feel...Amazed!  :o
The recent posts list is...huge!

Yeah, I was too  8)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

The Butterfly Man

To quote a lyric from The Urbane's Aeroplanes, I feel like sh#t again.

I thought I was finally getting better yesterday, so I thought that I was going to be able to have rehearsals with my band this afternoon...But I was wrong. I had to pull out halfway, after 2 hours... :-\

So now I'm stuck here at home, listening to music, reading my book. Not that I don't like that, but not on a Saturday-evening, when I want to be with my friends...but can't, because of this nasty frustrating flu.

Tom

Iggy

Great

Here are the new kitties

Iggy

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Sat, 2009-01-10, 22:06:28
To quote a lyric from The Urbane's Aeroplanes, I feel like sh#t again.

I thought I was finally getting better yesterday, so I thought that I was going to be able to have rehearsals with my band this afternoon...But I was wrong. I had to pull out halfway, after 2 hours... :-\

So now I'm stuck here at home, listening to music, reading my book. Not that I don't like that, but not on a Saturday-evening, when I want to be with my friends...but can't, because of this nasty frustrating flu.

Tom

Tom

My advice is to sit at home and listen to music.

I found the only way to shake it off was to stay inside and keep warm and not to fall for the old 'I think I am better now'. It seems to take at leasst a week to shake the worst of it of and anothe week or 2 to feel completely back to normal.

Get well.

Steve Jones

Quote from: Iggy on Sun, 2009-01-11, 15:21:46
Here are the new kitties

Ahhhhh!  Ooooh!  Oochy-coochy-coo!  And assorted other gibbering idiot noises. ;D

So, what did you decide to call Feline Unit 1 and Feline Unit 2 in the end?
Regards, Steve Jones

Iggy

Quote from: Steve Jones on Sun, 2009-01-11, 17:05:48
Ahhhhh!  Ooooh!  Oochy-coochy-coo!  And assorted other gibbering idiot noises. ;D

So, what did you decide to call Feline Unit 1 and Feline Unit 2 in the end?

:D

Feline Unit 1 (the little silver one) is called Asia and is supposed to be Mrs I's cat
Feline Unit 2 is still undecided she was called Maggie by her previous owner but I'm not sure.

Nicky007

Gosh, they are sweet, Iggy  :-*

What's life without a cat  ???  or without a woman, for that matter  ;D

Quote from: Iggy on Sun, 2009-01-11, 15:24:11

;D Iggy

My advice is to sit at home and listen to prog. Much better !  :D

I found the only way to shake it off was to stay inside and keep warm and not to fall for the old 'I think I am better now'.

+ drink a whisky ... or two ..... At some point the flu will get disgusted and leave. That's the advantage of being single: You don't need to go thru all the hassles of Ms leaving before you get to the point where the flu bids farewell  ;D

You can have a cat. They dont mind. They love Daddy no matter what (as long as they get their food and drink).

Yeah, get well, Tom  ;)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sun, 2009-01-11, 17:56:27
My advice is to sit at home and listen to prog. Much better !  :D
Nicky Nicky Nicky.... I think Iggy just meant Prog when he said music. We all know that REAL music is automatically Prog. And Prog is real music. All the other shouldn't even be called music.
Prog is life!
Except for the American Prog of course... we all know that's totally rubbish! ;D

-Paco

Iggy

Quote from: PH on Sun, 2009-01-11, 20:10:03
Nicky Nicky Nicky.... I think Iggy just meant Prog when he said music. We all know that REAL music is automatically Prog. And Prog is real music. All the other shouldn't even be called music.
Prog is life!
Except for the American Prog of course... we all know that's totally rubbish! ;D

-Paco

Quite right Paco. I think listening to your favourite music has a very beneficial effect.

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Iggy on Sun, 2009-01-11, 15:24:11
Tom

I found the only way to shake it off was to stay inside and keep warm and not to fall for the old 'I think I am better now'. It seems to take at leasst a week to shake the worst of it of and anothe week or 2 to feel completely back to normal.

Get well.

Thanks! :)

Tom

funkster

I have had 3 water infections in the last few years  :-[ so my GP sent me for some tests last thursday.

Been to the hospital this morning to see a urologist and had blood taken again. They could not find anything wrong so off for a cystoscopy at some date in the near future   :o

That will be fun  :'(

Apart from that .. i am fine and dandy

PH

Man... that's exhausting.
I hope they soon find out what the problem is!!

-Paco

funkster

Cheers Paco

I do not believe there is anything serious - just drink more fluids and go to the loo more. But , they have to check even if it means a a fine telescope being stuck somewhere a telescope should never be stuck  ;)     

Steve Jones

Quote from: Iggy on Sun, 2009-01-11, 17:50:00
Feline Unit 1 (the little silver one) is called Asia and is supposed to be Mrs I's cat
Feline Unit 2 is still undecided she was called Maggie by her previous owner but I'm not sure.

Are you entirely sure that spotted beastie is a kitten and not a cub? :o  I suppose the real test is when you start to get dismembered body parts brought home for your perusal.  If they look to come from mice and sparrows, then it's kitten.  But if there's a hint of 'small child' about them... ;)
Regards, Steve Jones