News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Sylvan - Posthumous Silence

Started by The Butterfly Man, Thu, 2006-03-30, 14:46:19

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butterfly Man

Sylvan are about to release their new album 'Posthumous Silence' on the 18th of April. You can listen to a previewclip on their website: www.sylvan.de.

It sounds bloody good! Can't wait to have that album in my cd-player!  ;D

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Peter

I already ordered my copy directly. I'm also veeeeery curious about it.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Peter on Thu, 2006-03-30, 23:04:53
I already ordered my copy directly. I'm also veeeeery curious about it.

I ordererd mine as well. BTW, there is a second preview clip on their website. It is a lot more heavy than the first one. Still good. Great aggressive vocals!

Tom

The Butterfly Man

Hey Peter,

Did you get your copy already? I got mine on monday and it's great! I especially like track 8 (forgot the name but something with 'colors') .

Tom

Peter

Yes, I received mine, too, and I love it. Especially "Answer to Life". As far as I can see there's no track on it I would call "bad". I will have to give it a few more spins though...

Crownie

Looking forward to seeing Sylvan at the Rotherham Rocks gig on 6th May!  Sylvan and 4 other bands.  WOW!

Peter

Quote from: Crownie on Fri, 2006-04-21, 14:24:01
Looking forward to seeing Sylvan at the Rotherham Rocks gig on 6th May!  Sylvan and 4 other bands.  WOW!

take a few photos then, if you can :)

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Peter on Fri, 2006-04-21, 17:11:23
take a few photos then, if you can :)

Or, even better, give me tour ticket!  ;D

Peter

I'm gonna repeat what I wrote on another forum:

This album is surely one of the best concept albums of several years back (and maybe in the future). A true masterpiece.
It tells the story of a father who reads his daughter's diary after she has chosen to commit suicide. He lives through all the emotions she went through and begins to understand that she left this world because she couldn't stand the coldness, egoism and indifference of the people surrounding her any more. She describes how the world is being destroyed by man and how she feels about the anger and hatred, but also the beauty around her. Her father regrets but also learns to accept her decision.

The music of this album, the lyrics and vocals, the beautiful booklet and even the website form a complete concept which I've never seen or heard in this detail and emotional intensity before.

There are hints about the story in the tracks on the website and you should really give it a try.

Last night I was at a gig they did in my home town and it was great. We were only a small crowd of around 100 people, but the moods were high and the band did a superb show.

Wow, I'm still blown away - as you can easily see :) So go ahead, give these guys a try, buy the album, or better: all of their albums and enjoy, they're really great!

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Peter on Fri, 2006-05-12, 12:11:21
I'm gonna repeat what I wrote on another forum:

This album is surely one of the best concept albums of several years back (and maybe in the future). A true masterpiece.
It tells the story of a father who reads his daughter's diary after she has chosen to commit suicide. He lives through all the emotions she went through and begins to understand that she left this world because she couldn't stand the coldness, egoism and indifference of the people surrounding her any more. She describes how the world is being destroyed by man and how she feels about the anger and hatred, but also the beauty around her. Her father regrets but also learns to accept her decision.

The music of this album, the lyrics and vocals, the beautiful booklet and even the website form a complete concept which I've never seen or heard in this detail and emotional intensity before.

There are hints about the story in the tracks on the website and you should really give it a try.

Last night I was at a gig they did in my home town and it was great. We were only a small crowd of around 100 people, but the moods were high and the band did a superb show.

Wow, I'm still blown away - as you can easily see :) So go ahead, give these guys a try, buy the album, or better: all of their albums and enjoy, they're really great!

That sounds great!  Roll on payday! :)
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

funkster

They have just requested to be added to my friends on MySpace which i was a bit surprised at as i have not heard anything by them or really heard of them  ??? The clips on there sound really good though and i may well treat myself to the album

Teunis

Quote from: funkster on Thu, 2006-07-06, 21:48:21
They have just requested to be added to my friends on MySpace which i was a bit surprised at as i have not heard anything by them or really heard of them  ??? The clips on there sound really good though and i may well treat myself to the album
And that is exactly the meaning of their request, it works  :D. I have also heard some soundbytes of this album and indeed, nice music! But I have so much to wish for, have to wait for a moment.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)