News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

QNA

Started by PH, Fri, 2005-11-25, 20:11:21

Previous topic - Next topic

PH

QNA
http://qna-online.com/

This is a band (not Progressive, well... maybe a bit influenced here and there)

The band consists of:
Wilmar Boer (lead guitars and (some) keyboards, responsible for the mixing too)
Jelle Kortes (drums)
Corine Zomer (voice, guitars)
Gert Zomer (voice, piano)
Floris Zuidema (bass guitar)

Wilmar Boer is my teacher at school. He's a really nice person and he likes music like:
- Genesis
- Marillion
- Dream Theater
- King Crimson (I thought)
- SpringsteenĀ  ::)
- some more I can't remember

I lend him my Kino CD and he liked it!!
So I gave him an Arena CD too (Pepper's Ghost) and he said that he was impressed by their (Arena's) skills!

He wants to listen to some more of it.

In return I thought I'd show his website to the Arena fans. Maybe some day QNA will be a well-known band.

There are four songs downloadable from QNA's website.

Tell me what you think!
http://www.qna-online.com/

Appelmoes??

I don't see Arena in his list. Tsk tsk tsk...

I'll have a listen when I have time. Having very serious conversation on MSN atm.

(Typing this text took me a few minutes :{)
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

PH

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Fri, 2005-11-25, 20:24:59
I don't see Arena in his list. Tsk tsk tsk...

I'll have a listen when I have time. Having very serious conversation on MSN atm.

(Typing this text took me a few minutes :{)

He just heard Arena for the first time today! And he listened to Kino for a week!
He listened to Bedlam Fayre on ProgArchives and was very impressed of Arena's talent. (He mentioned the genius keyboard work on that song (he hasn't listened to Opera Fanatica yet ;D))

Appelmoes??

Quote from: PH on Fri, 2005-11-25, 20:33:05
He just heard Arena for the first time today! And he listened to Kino for a week!
He listened to Bedlam Fayre on ProgArchives and was very impressed of Arena's talent. (He mentioned the genius keyboard work on that song (he hasn't listened to Opera Fanatica yet ;D))
Well, he'll be in for a surprise when he hear's other Arena work then ;)

My drawings on MySpace

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Fri, 2005-11-25, 20:34:33
Well, he'll be in for a surprise when he hear's other Arena work then ;)
He may also like the piano part to "In The Blink Of An Eye" from 'The Visitor album... ;)

Which I spent a few minutes working out yesterday! ;D
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Cyborg-Frask

cool pH i didn't know your teacher was also in a band :D

I listened to the "Glimpse Of The Moment (demo)" and i thought it was pretty good.

hmm maybe we will see them in "De boederij" in a few years you never know  :P

Appelmoes??

Beautiful women and guitars....

Ok, now back to the music:
I first listened to the GotM demo: The music sounds good imo, very relaxed. I like it very much :) The singer has a good voice, yet sometimes he's offkey.

Then I listened to Lucky Town (studio version): Wow, that's a good song, again very relaxed, but strong. And it's let's you sing along quite easy :)

Can't get what you want: I like the piano (Piano gained a whole lot of respect from me since Stream of Passion 8) ) In contrast with the studio version, the live sounds is missing something, it sounds flat, but then again, that could just be tghe recording, I wasn't there when it was played :) Important to mention: The singer stays very good in key this time, so I guess the demo was recorded on a bad day ;)

Chocolat town: The music sounds more alive, but also a little loud. Again, could be the recording so I'll stop nagging about the sound. The vocals are strong, fits good with the song. It's good when a singer knows when to hold back and when to go wild :)

Overall: I like the music, even though it's pop (pop imo that is...) if the would play in my home town, I would go and I think I will have a great evening :) ('cause they have a babe with a guitar :P)

My drawings on MySpace

PH

Hehehehe, I think she was a student in my school. I've seen her before. She isn't a student in my school anymore now.

The singer was also a student.

If I see my teacher next monday I'll tell him you want a date with the lead guitarist.
I'll let you know when they play again. (They played in Leusden a month ago (or so))

They're not touring over whole Europe (yet!).

Appelmoes??

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2005-12-03, 20:35:36
If I see my teacher next monday I'll tell him you want a date with the lead guitarist.
The site states that the leadguitarplayer is Wilmar Boer, I'll settle with "just" the guitarplayer/vocalist

Then again, if she was at your school, that would make her... How old? (Just checking ;))

My drawings on MySpace