News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Flash Range - russian band influenced by Arena

Started by Andy, Fri, 2005-06-17, 20:34:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

Hi everyone!

I'd like to introduce my band Flash Range.
As a musician, I was always influenced by Arena music.

Please, post your opinion of our music (even if it's bad).

Our website - http://flashrange.narod.ru

Andy,
St.Petersburg, Russia.

gelert

Cheers Andy,

I've downloaded all five songs (the 5th is coming in as we speak)...but at a transmission rate of 1.00Kb per second, it's a labour-of-love, I can tell you...!

(Hint to other interested parties...don't bother trying to stream it straight into Real player or whatever...I've watched two movies, and mowed the lawn whilst downloading this little lot...! And that was quick, because I was downloading two songs at any one time...which appears to be the maximum number that you can address at any one time, BTW.)

As you've asked the question...
"Horizons" & "Fallin' Into Uncertainity" are leading the favourite list at present, but all of the songs have some excellent ideas, albeit that a goodly number of these "ideas" are pure plagurism...! But hey...who am I to critisise that, eh...!
The vocals are reminiscent of RPWL on "Horizons", and I wouldn't be surprised to find out that two different vocalists sang across these songs. It's a completely different vocal feel / take / approach / sound on "Fallin' Into Uncertainity"...
I'm assuming that these versions are "demos", not just because the endings, er, "aren't", if you see what I mean...but because of the number of duff notes by the vocals and guitar. I suspect that the songs are Cubased keys and drums, with real axe, bass, and vox recorded afterwards...but don't quote me on that.
I concur that Arena are an influence on the songwriting...but I also hear trippy Hawkwind, and a little bit of Manfred Mann's EB in there as well...
Good luck with The Album, and let us know when it's released.

Still waiting for "Between The Worlds" to finish downloading (@1Kbps)...and this is 3 days after my ISP doubled my ADSL speed up to 1Mbps....AAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"