News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

The AOR Thread

Started by Moonloop, Tue, 2005-04-19, 15:01:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonloop

Couple of news snippets.

Canadian songsmith "Jann Arden" has her new self-titled album released this week. Unfortunately it's Canada only at the moment (Grr) so anyone wanting it (Me) will have to either import it or go through Ebay. The album also includes a track with Sarah McLachlan.

Also 80s melodic rockers "FM" have regrouped (again) under (yet another) different name - this time they're known as "The Ladder" and the album is called "Future Miracles". It actually came out on the sly last November but no-one seems to have it, have heard it or seen any reviews anywhere   :o

Also (part 2) Pomp Rockers turned Irish Baladeers "Dare" have a live album and DVD released next month.

AOR - the only musical genre to be marginalised and berated more than prog   ::)  :D
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

The Voyager

Â You can find a lot of hot news, reviews and some other information at RockReport website(http://www.rockreport.be). Recommended for any fan of hard, heavy and prog genres.  ;)

Moonloop

Cheers, just had a quick browse, quite a good site ;D

Appelmoes??

[n00b]What does AOR stand for?[/n00b]
For anyone to answer, except Gelert  :P
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

kmorse

In the U.S., it stands for "Album Oriented Rock."

It's a rather outdated term, so far as I can tell. Some of these young whippersnappers don't even know what an "album" is.
I'm falling.....Falling down again!

The Voyager

Â Can't agree with Kmorse. It just means "Adult Oriented Rock". Not for little child.  ;D

Moonloop

Yeah...either of the above really. Generally music like Journey, Foreigner, Asia, Styx, Boston etc...  ;D

The Voyager

Bad English, Harem Scarem, Giant, Ten, 101 South and many more. ;D

kmorse

Yeah, I've heard the term "Adult-oriented Rock," too. It could be either.
I'm falling.....Falling down again!

The Voyager

One way or another, good kind of music. :D