News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Anyone remember Flash or Druid?

Started by Constable Hogweed, Tue, 2005-03-08, 02:45:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Constable Hogweed

Two Yesalikes. Flash featured ex Yesser's Peter Banks and Tony Kaye ( For one album ) and were a bit more harder hitting than Yes, and i don't know where the hell Druid suddenly popped up from but were more melodic style Yes. Anyone else know/remember them?
To anyone who might be interested, the Druid album is called "Toward the Sun" and the best Flash album was the 1st self titled one.

Moonloop

A mate of mine from my college days had a couple of Druid albums. "Towards The Sun" (wouldn't have remembered if you hadn't named it) & "Fluid Druid" (I think). Agreed, from what I remember, very Yes like. Never bothered buying them myself but do remember them. (The guy was an Enid fan too  ;D ).
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

Mark Jan

I don't know music of Flash, but I know Druid. I've got Toward the sun/Fluid Druid (two albums on 1 cd). About 3 years ago I heard their song 'Voices' on the radio (progrockprogramm) and it sounds interesting. I bought Toward the sun/Fluid Druid. Toward the sun is old-school sympho, a bit Yes-style, but more melodic than Yes. Fluid Druid is less sympho, shorter tracks and I didn't like it very much.

JJ1

Talking of Flash, I rehearsed up a set with Peter Banks and Steve Christey (Jadis/John Wetton) of material about five years ago for a gig that never happened.  A guy asked Peter to play a festival in the States, but ended up cancelling due to a lack of organisation.  However, the flights, hotel, limo and all were all paid for so we went over for the weekend anyway!

The set included Flash stuff like Small Beginnings, as we llas some of Pete's later solo stuff and early Yes material.  Though the gig was cancelled, we did get to play Beyond and Before at a Jadis gig with Peter one night when he turned up with Steve Hackett, who also joined in for a blues.

JJ
"...never ever bloody anything ever."

Simtere

I too have the Druid 2 in 1 CD, it was a nice piece of nostalgia as i recall seeing the band live way back when.

Couple of bizarre pieces of Druid Trivia for you all:

1) Cedric Sharpley the band's drummer went on to play with Gaty Numan, and off shoot band Dramatis.

2) Rather more worryingly Andrew McCrorie-Shand (keyboard player) went on to work for the BBC where he had perhaps his best known hit ever .... the theme for Teletubbies!!!!!

Clive, this could be the fate that awaits you ;)   On the plus side you'd probably make loads of money even if you lost your artistic integrity :)

gelert

I can see it all...

SpongeBob SquarePants goes prog-dancing...!
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

NijntjeRocks

QuoteFlash! Ahaaaa! Saviour of the universe! <insert tune>
oh, wait, thats Queen, soundtrack of that stupid movie  :o ;D

neh, to be honest: never heard of both of them so enlighten me, is it worth it? or Yes-freaks only?
Nijntje=Miffy. Original Miffy: (in Dutch)