News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Änglagård

Started by maddox, Mon, 2010-03-01, 10:42:35

Previous topic - Next topic

maddox

Hi there folks, it's me again.  ;)

Lately I've been develloping what you might call a crush for retro-prog bands, like Astra, Isildur's Bane and this band that I'd like to introduce to you:

Änglagård.

They've release a couple of albums in the past which were Hybris, Epilog and a live album called Burried Alive. Especially Epilog is of unsound beauty to my humble opinion. ;)
They made (officially they don't exist anymore but the word is that they are working together again to re-unite) music that is in the vein of old King Crimson, Genesis, Jethro Tull and Gentle Giant to name a few.
But nonetheless it's also high quality prog.

I think you should take a listen to it, or at least try. You can listen to some tracks over here.

Band info can be found over here.

I know, it has nothing to do with Arena or the likes but knowing a few of you, i'd say some might even like it.

Enjoy!
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Unicorn

Great band!! I'm glad and got all CDs a few years ago. They are pretty hard to find, but Epilog just got re-released with a bonus track.
You can order it directly from the band.