News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Steve Hackett

Started by erik, Fri, 2009-10-30, 16:21:55

Previous topic - Next topic

erik

Saw Steve Hackett live last Wednesday, was the first time I saw him live. It was utterly brilliant!!! *horns*  *horns*

Very tight show (and great band) with no weak tracks in the set list, I think he played pretty much all of his forthcoming album Out Of The Tunnel's Mouth and the new material sounded marvellous. I really hope the legal dispute with his ex-wife ends soon and it can be released. Also many old classics (from his solo reportoire and also Genesis) performed most beautifully, wow :P

I was severely tempted to go again to the extra gig on Thursday, but opted to order his Live Archive 70's - 80s - 90s (23,99 at CD WOW now for this 4cd box) to ease the more Hackett crave.
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

Iggy

Quote from: erik on Fri, 2009-10-30, 16:21:55
Saw Steve Hackett live last Wednesday, was the first time I saw him live. It was utterly brilliant!!! *horns*  *horns*

Very tight show (and great band) with no weak tracks in the set list, I think he played pretty much all of his forthcoming album Out Of The Tunnel's Mouth and the new material sounded marvellous. I really hope the legal dispute with his ex-wife ends soon and it can be released. Also many old classics (from his solo reportoire and also Genesis) performed most beautifully, wow :P

I was severely tempted to go again to the extra gig on Thursday, but opted to order his Live Archive 70's - 80s - 90s (23,99 at CD WOW now for this 4cd box) to ease the more Hackett crave.

Bought that years ago and never regretted it. Good to hear that he is form.

bellanova

Im going to see him on the 14th Nov and it sounds like im in for a treat. Cant wait!

JJ II

sorry I missed you Erik.

It was indeed a great show. Nathalie (Mick's wife was doing the merch and she ensured me the album will be available from November 1st...

erik

Quote from: JJ II on Mon, 2009-11-02, 13:59:57
sorry I missed you Erik.
Me too, as it was sold out it was pretty crowded and not so easy to catch eachother.

Quote from: JJ II on Mon, 2009-11-02, 13:59:57
It was indeed a great show. Nathalie (Mick's wife was doing the merch and she ensured me the album will be available from November 1st...
Good to hear that, let's see.. I understood earlier that it might also be early 2010..
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

bellanova

Oh my God! I went to see Steve Hackett last night. It was totally amazing and i can honestly say it was the best gig i have been to see this year and that includes U2. And they were awesome! The whole band were brilliant and the drummer who did most of the vocals was just incredible. He sang with so much passion and had a n excellent voice. When they did Firth of Fifth i was in tears. i was spellbound for the whole gig and i was on the edge of my seat. (Well i had to be as the woman in front refused to take off her hat which obscured a bit of my view of the stage!) If anyone gets the chance to see these guys then go!! You will be in for a stonking night!

Iggy

Quote from: bellanova on Sun, 2009-11-15, 09:16:57
Oh my God! I went to see Steve Hackett last night. It was totally amazing and i can honestly say it was the best gig i have been to see this year and that includes U2. And they were awesome! The whole band were brilliant and the drummer who did most of the vocals was just incredible. He sang with so much passion and had a n excellent voice. When they did Firth of Fifth i was in tears. i was spellbound for the whole gig and i was on the edge of my seat. (Well i had to be as the woman in front refused to take off her hat which obscured a bit of my view of the stage!) If anyone gets the chance to see these guys then go!! You will be in for a stonking night!

It is brilliant when that happens I should have gone myself but going to gigs is proving difficult at the moment.  :(