News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Emerson, Lake & Palmer

Started by erik, Wed, 2009-02-25, 10:53:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Iggy

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2009-02-25, 16:46:25
I'l see if I can pre-empt Iggy here  ;D

Again, Mad, I'm sure you're not familiar with Yes' The Ladder, Going For The One, Tormato, and Talk. Cause then you would'v included Yes  ;)

Nicky.

Ta Nicky.   ;D

I can never criticise people for not liking Yes as music is definitely an each to their own.

Many people seem to dislike Yes due to Jon Anderson's vocals/lyrics and I have heard people say the dislike Jethro Tull due to Ian Anderson.

I myself don't like listening certain bands due to the singer.

However it is the first time (take a step forward Mad  ;D) that I have heard anyone mention Mr Howe as a reason.

As to classical music I grew up with it and although am not fanatical enjoy the more popular classics from time to time.

ELP I can take or leave but enjoy Trilogy and Pictures at Exhibition the most.

Manatee

Quote from: Iggy on Wed, 2009-02-25, 21:03:16
Many people seem to dislike Yes due to Jon Anderson's vocals/lyrics and I have heard people say the dislike Jethro Tull due to Ian Anderson.

Well, disliking Ian Anderson would be a very good reason to dislike Jethro Tull (not that I'm condoning such a thing, mind you) since for all intents and purposes, he IS Jethro Tull (maybe with a small side salad of Martin Barre?).

QuoteI myself don't like listening certain bands due to the singer.

That's definitely true for me as well.  James La<insert your favorite cheese here> manages to keep me from enjoying most DT songs.  The fact that I've yet to be lynched for this is a testament to the forgiving natures of the Roomies since that may be almost as serious a crime as not liking JD and coke.   ;)
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

erik

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2009-02-25, 20:58:29
ELP and Gentle Giant are on my discovery list now.

(For some reason I type ELO when I want to type ELP... Nice band and nice music too!)

I'm sticking to ELO and will leave ELP aside for now  ;D

Do check out Gentle Giant, cool band!
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

Nicky007

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2009-02-25, 20:48:55
I think you would like them. The music that is.  :D

Right, Mad, we have to guide Paxi's attention  ;D

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2009-02-25, 20:58:29
(For some reason I type ELO when I want to type ELP... Nice band and nice music too!)

Yeah, interesting, ELO and ELP, despite being only a third-order notch different in name, are opposites in music:  ELO is very untechnical and very melodic.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Nicky007

Quote from: Iggy on Wed, 2009-02-25, 21:03:16
Many people seem to dislike Yes due to Jon Anderson's vocals/lyrics, and I have heard people say they dislike Jethro Tull due to Ian Anderson.

Seems to support my thesis  *horns*

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me