News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Threshold - Subsurface

Started by Peter, Thu, 2005-01-13, 23:05:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Appelmoes??

I heard that a while ago, but forgot to mention it, but still great news! Yet I hope the next album will be a little less 'dark'.
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

PH

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Tue, 2006-08-08, 18:31:00
Yet I hope the next album will be a little less 'dark'.

Because??

If you're searching for happy prog I'd recommend A.C.T which is absolutely BRILLIANT. You take Queen, Dream Theater and some other elements, mix it and you get the idea. ;)

Appelmoes??

Noooo, not happy! Just a little less gloomy and dark. I don't know how to explain it. Maybe some faster songs+solo's?

My drawings on MySpace

jeffMc

Not that it is gloomy and dark. It makes you think, and maybe you do not like what you are thinking. ;)

Appelmoes??

Quote from: jeffMc on Wed, 2006-08-09, 00:04:06
Not that it is gloomy and dark. It makes you think, and maybe you do not like what you are thinking. ;)

I like very much how the y think and make me think ;) It's just that even today in this world at least some positive things happen :)

My drawings on MySpace

PH

Yeah, well, still you should listen to A.C.T... I suggest you start with Last Epic. ::)

Herben

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2006-08-09, 09:11:28
Yeah, well, still you should listen to A.C.T... I suggest you start with Last Epic. ::)
Do You play in that band that You make so much advertisement for them
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land

johninblack

And if it's only half as good as the last two albums it will be fantastic.

PH

Quote from: Herben on Wed, 2006-08-09, 10:50:01
Do You play in that band that You make so much advertisement for them

Well I like to advertise for bands I like! But it seems A.C.T is hard to find...
But listen to a sample on ProgArchives!

*Ahum* ehh?? What? Oh yes, Threshold. *Ahum* Yeah, great band! ;D

Herben

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2006-08-09, 17:42:23
Well I like to advertise for bands I like! But it seems A.C.T is hard to find...
But listen to a sample on ProgArchives!
*Ahum* ehh?? What? Oh yes, Threshold. *Ahum* Yeah, great band! ;D
No I was only joking, I will look on progarchives
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land

Bupie

Back to Threshold, I only know Hypothetical and Critical Mass, which are generally considered as their best albums, and frankly I am not so impressed  :-\

I think that if you take the best parts of those two cd's, you could have one hell of an album but I feel that there are many fillers on each one.

So I propose that they start all over again and record just one album called Hypothetical Mass with the following track listing :

Light and Space
Phenomenom
Sheltering Sky
Falling Away
Long Way Home
Echoes of Life
Narcissus
Avalon

Now you have a classic for ages  ;D

More seriously, I am not planning to go further with Threshold if those two aforementioned are really their best albums. Would like to see the DVD, though, cause it should be fun to watch them play Light and Space. What a great tune  *horns*

PH

I've seen the DVD and to be honest, I wasn't impressed.

The voice and maybe other things were overdubbed. And generally it did nothing with me.
Just the same songs sounding exactly the same without anything extra added...

No...

You better buy Dream Theater's Score.
Anyway, that's my opinion, and as you all should know by now, my opinion is superior to others. ;)

Bupie

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2006-11-16, 13:55:19
I've seen the DVD and to be honest, I wasn't impressed.

The voice and maybe other things were overdubbed. And generally it did nothing with me.
Just the same songs sounding exactly the same without anything extra added...

No...

You better buy Dream Theater's Score.
Anyway, that's my opinion, and as you all should know by now, my opinion is superior to others. ;)

I already bought Score  ;) Great setlist, poor hair cut for John Petrucci (who should slow down on body building, by the way). BUT ... am I the only one to feel that LaBrie's voice is completely out of sync, which of course leads to suspicion of complete vocals overdubbing (backing vocals included cause I never heard Mike so in tune)  ??? GREAT band, anyway ...

Bupie

Oups, PH, I just saw that you already mentioned Petrucci's haircut in the Score topic. Sorry, I didn't want to copy ...  :-X

PH

Quote from: Bupie on Thu, 2006-11-16, 14:33:07
Oups, PH, I just saw that you already mentioned Petrucci's haircut in the Score topic. Sorry, I didn't want to copy ...  :-X

Don't worry!
That from the haircut was obvious. ;D Anyone in the house who likes it?

*silence*

Ok.
Didn't realise the body building and I also don't think Labrie is overdubbed.

Bupie

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2006-11-16, 15:23:22
and I also don't think Labrie is overdubbed.

Ok, so let's say that's just a matter of sync.  Is his voice in sync with the images on your copy ?

PH

Quote from: Bupie on Thu, 2006-11-16, 16:14:13
Ok, so let's say that's just a matter of sync.  Is his voice in sync with the images on your copy ?

Yup. As far as I know.
I'll be watching it tonight or tomorrow night (or the day after tomorrow). I'll let you know as soon as I've watched it again.

Bupie

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2006-11-16, 16:32:28
Yup. As far as I know.
I'll be watching it tonight or tomorrow night (or the day after tomorrow). I'll let you know as soon as I've watched it again.

My Smoke and Mirrors DVD was in sync right from the start, no need to get it fixed. So maybe I get a divine punishment with DT for being so lucky with Arena  :(