News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Arena on Wikipedia

Started by Peter, Mon, 2005-05-30, 21:36:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Saryna

Ok, just happened to check the Wikipedia link, and it seems, happily, that someone has done their homework.  They changed that particular couple of lines on the Nolan page.  Very good. ;)

Appelmoes??

Maybe there should be a summary from "The Salt and the Sand" on there.
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Nicky007

So the situation today is that there is barely anything about Arena on the English language Wikipedia site, which I find terribly embarrassing. Come on, this is my favorite group.

Any dumbass garage group today has much more info about them on Wikipedia.

Can anybody tell me what the deal is? I tried to learn from reading the posts in this thread, but there were only discussions to and fro.

I myself have spent altogether hundreds of hours reading articles on the English language Wikipedia site. Rarely have I found errors or misuses, and in such cases I have usually corrected them myself. I have virtually only good things to say about this fantastic resource. I've learned so much that I simply can't express it.

I would gladly offer my services to get some useful material onto Wikipedia. I don't have any authority visavis Arena, but I know Wikipedia better than most others, and I know a fair bit about Arena and side projects - and I'm pretty good at English.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Nicky007

Quote from: Deenfan on Wed, 2005-11-30, 17:44:37
Wikipedia is a great and wonderful idea. It will never work. Not without changing the nature of it.

Well, I have a surprise for you, Deenfan: Wikipedia does work, in fact very well, in fact it's fantastic. One of the fastest and surest ways to gain knowledge. And about topics (like Arena) that you'd never find in the old-fashioned encyclopedias. Anyone who's spent hundreds of hours on Wikipedia, like I have, knows that.

On top of it, most Wikipedia articles are well-written, a pleasure to read.

So what more can you ask for?

Let's not speculate, let's try out.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Justin

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2007-06-06, 00:17:23
Well, I have a surprise for you, Deenfan: Wikipedia does work, in fact very well, in fact it's fantastic. One of the fastest and surest ways to gain knowledge. And about topics (like Arena) that you'd never find in the old-fashioned encyclopedias. Anyone who's spent hundreds of hours on Wikipedia, like I have, knows that.

On top of it, most Wikipedia articles are well-written, a pleasure to read.

So what more can you ask for?

Let's not speculate, let's try out.

Nicky.
Agreed :)