News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Decades...

Started by keyboardistmatt, Wed, 2005-09-21, 23:56:49

Previous topic - Next topic

If you could go back to any recent decade at the age you are now, which would you choose?

50's
1 (5.6%)
60's
3 (16.7%)
70's
5 (27.8%)
80's
9 (50%)
90's
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

keyboardistmatt

What's your favorite decade? Where would you go if (say) time travel was a reality?

1 vote each, here we go! :)
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

johninblack

It would just HAVE to be the 60's. It's the decade I was born in but I've always thought that I missed so much especially musically, I mean to have been able to see The Beatles, The Who, Cream, Rolling Stones, Animals, Small Faces.....etc etc, from thier respective beginings and to witness thier development. And to think there are people about who have done just that, what lucky bas***ds!

Deenfan

It was almost a tie between the 80's and the 70's. I landed on the 70's, because I do remember and did experience the 80's pretty much, so I'm good. It was a great time, and man would I love to do it again.

But it's got to be the 70's, so that I could buy the Rainbow albums as they were released. To experience that would be priceless. Fuck me, if I could walk into a proper record shop and buy the "Rising" LP and take it home to my Tandberg stereo, and hear that keyboard intro for the first time...

But the example was time travel, so it wouldn't be the first time. I would be a very wise man, though. Knowing exactly who the new singer in Rainbow would be, and that Dio would sing on another two before he quit, and...  ;D

Moonloop

80's. If only to relive my musical education all over again.

Fully echo Deenfan's comments about Rainbow too  ;D . Just think about Ronnie Dio's CV :

Rising
Long Live Rock n Roll
Heaven & Hell
Mob Rules
Holy Diver
Last in Line

Has there ever been a greater sequence of 6 rock albums ever..??  8)
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

Peter

It's the 80s, definitely. I'd buy as many Microsoft, SAP and Oracle shares as I can, I'd be feckin' rich by now.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Appelmoes??

70's, I like the music very much, and I love the fact that people still protested in great numbers agains the governments those days.
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

keyboardistmatt

Hmmm....... People seem to like the 80's most at the moment.

I wonder why that is? :)

Teunis

The 80's, definitely. It's the time that I got interested in music. The most beautiful school years. Went in the army. Although I wasn't busy there, it was fun  ;). Drinking beer, attending disco's.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Appelmoes??

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Thu, 2005-09-22, 17:57:42
Hmmm....... People seem to like the 80's most at the moment.

I wonder why that is? :)
I think it's the random age around here.
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Teunis

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Thu, 2005-09-22, 19:44:36
I think it's the ramdom age around here.
There must be a poll somewhere on this forum  :D.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Teunis on Fri, 2005-09-23, 18:10:17
There must be a poll somewhere on this forum  :D.

There just might be, actually! ;)

Lady_Reaper

I select the 50's and find I'm the only sad bugger that did!

I was brought up on 1950's music and you've just got to love the classic cars, or maybe not. -shrugs-  So much happened to music between the 50's and present day. I guess it'd be nice to, well, go and watch it all happen.  :)
Humanity is a nice place to vist, But you wouldn't want to live there.

Xanxtuary

For the music, the general scene, the peace protests, etc, it has to be the 70s.  I was only a little Xanxaling then and I'd like to experience that decade as I am now, to go to famous gigs and be a part of the hippie scene.  It would be a real trip!  8)

Lady Reaper has a good point about 50s cars, although the 60s and 70s also produced some awesome automotive designs which have become all-time classics.  Also the people who grew up in that decade suffered a lot of hardship, etc, as rationing was still in force (in the UK anyway) so people from that decade learned the true value of things, what is important in life.  Those are priceless lessons to all of us as we find ourselves in this era of rampant consumerism, designer labels, soundbites and five-second wonders.
Progpriestess Xanxtuary Hogweed

gelert

I voted for the 80's...because in THAT decade, I personally proved that "youth is not wasted on the young"...!

But for the quality of music, I would have voted for the 70's...

And for the quality of the, er, hallucinogens, I would have voted for the 60's...

Yet for the financial ability to buy the hallucinogens and the quality music (decade irrespective), I would have voted for the 90's...
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"