News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Spanish Web

Started by Highfire, Thu, 2005-01-27, 21:40:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Highfire

Hi friends!

I have created a little web in spanish for the fans, I hope I could help Arena in this way! I'm also planning for the future to translate it to english, and maybe to create more sections ...

I also want to thank everybody in The Cage for a well done job, and very special thanks to Arena for their GREAT music. Pepper's Ghost is an incredible album, I hope they'll come again to Spain ... I can't wait!!!!!!

The web is at http://es.geocities.com/elohighfire/arena/arena.htm

Bye
We have been chosen...

Peter

Hello Highfire,

that's a very nice page you created there, sure took some energy to create it!
Now all that's missing is a link to this forum, really :D
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

visitor

And no 'sponsored links' anymore! well done!  ;)

Draddi

Hola Highfire !

felicidades a esta pagina ! A mi me gusta !
Keep up the good work !

Highfire

Thanks everybody ... my life is a bit of a mess now, but I'm gonna insert a link to the Forum!!!

Bye!
We have been chosen...

ElectricEye

Great, Por fin alguien se decide a plasmar en Internet y en espaƱol lo grande q son estos tios. Enhorabuena!

johninblack

I don't understand any spanish so I can't comment on the text but it sure looks like a nice well constructed page.

marcello

What will I be, When Winter comes again, and were wrapped up in furs, and life has begun again

marcello

QuoteGoogle works a treat

>:( Google dosen't work a treat, on the Mick Pointer profile, he is being refered to as a woman "She is a solid interpreter and of high level".

I guess this is a complete litteral translation of everything, and can only be properly viewed in spanish
What will I be, When Winter comes again, and were wrapped up in furs, and life has begun again

Highfire

Don't worry about translations ... I'm (slowly) working on an english version for the web. The problem is that I have two children, so you can imagine I don't have much time.

My personal aim is to create a "multi-band" web; in fact I created some years ago one web dedicated to E.L.O., and I'd like to do one for Ayreon, for Queen, Fates Warning, etc.

Arena's web is very simple, only to give support in spanish to any fan that would like to know a little bit more. It hasn't amazing material, or news. It's more a tribute than any other thing.

Cheers!
We have been chosen...

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Highfire on Mon, 2005-11-07, 12:41:15
It hasn't amazing material, or news. It's more a tribute than any other thing.

None the less: It is still coming on, and that is good!

Do you have a link for the ELO site? :)
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

marcello

I think its a brilliant site, its simple and offeres a good introduction to Arena as well as a bit of extra information for older fans.

Highfire

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Mon, 2005-11-07, 22:15:32
None the less: It is still coming on, and that is good!

Do you have a link for the ELO site? :)

The link for my ELO site is http://www.elohighfire.4d2.net/
Another link is www.asdeelo.com, that's the spanish fan club (I'm a "directive" member).

Bye bye!!!
We have been chosen...

Highfire

Well, the english translation is ready!!! Excuse me for any mistake (gramatical or "arenical") I'm sure I've made.

I want to give special thanks to The Visitor, the man who knows how to avoid what ppl don't like  ;)

Hope you'll enjoy this little tribute.

Long live Arena!!!

www.elohighfire.4d2.net
We have been chosen...

johninblack

Woops, thats your ELO Spanish page.....I'm sure you intended to post this

http://es.geocities.com/elohighfire/arena/arenaeng.htm

Appelmoes??

Quote from: Highfire on Fri, 2005-11-18, 18:58:37
Well, the english translation is ready!!! Excuse me for any mistake (gramatical or "arenical") I'm sure I've made.
Perhaps one of the english guys/girls here can help you with that?

(What about a dutch section? :P)
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

johninblack

Quote from: marcello on Mon, 2005-11-07, 22:33:56
I think its a brilliant site, its simple and offeres a good introduction to Arena as well as a bit of extra information for older fans.

The same comment applies to your English page. Well done Highfire a GOOD page!

keyboardistmatt

Nice job, Highfire. :)
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

johninblack

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Fri, 2005-11-18, 20:00:12
Perhaps one of the english guys/girls here can help you with that?

Pesonally (although it's obviously written by someone who's native tounge is not English) I think it reads really well, and yes, there are mistakes but I don't think they detract from the page at all.
Having said that if you want a hand with some of the mistakes i'll be happy to help PM or Email me if you eant a hand.