News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Blind Ego

Started by The Butterfly Man, Fri, 2006-12-01, 14:04:13

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butterfly Man

This is a solo-project of RPWL's guitarist Kalle Wallner featuring........

JOHN JOWITT: bass
JOHN MITCHELL: vocals
PAUL WRIGHTSON: vocals
TOMMY EBERHARDT: drums

With special guest appearances by:
YOGI LANG: keyboards
CLIVE NOLAN: backing vocals
STEFAN OBERMAIER: sound-design

Check out this video from their MySpace (http://myspace.com/blindego): http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=107789831&blogID=187250094&MyToken=aa8de3e2-72e1-40e9-a614-c7263bde099b

I can't wait 'till January!

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Teunis

Sounds good to me  ;D. Thanks for the info.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

maddox

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Fri, 2006-12-01, 14:04:13
This is a solo-project of RPWL's guitarist Kalle Wallner featuring........

JOHN JOWITT: bass
JOHN MITCHELL: vocals
PAUL WRIGHTSON: vocals
TOMMY EBERHARDT: drums

With special guest appearances by:
YOGI LANG: keyboards
CLIVE NOLAN: backing vocals
STEFAN OBERMAIER: sound-design

Check out this video from their MySpace (http://myspace.com/blindego): http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=107789831&blogID=187250094&MyToken=aa8de3e2-72e1-40e9-a614-c7263bde099b

I can't wait 'till January!

Tom

Sounds good. This is actually the first time i hear anything from Paul Wrightson since Arena. And John Mitchell on ... Vocals? Not on guitars?

Anyways, thanx for the info.  8)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

bellanova

John Mitchell is an excellent singer. Listen to Kino or The Urbane and more recently It Bites!

The Butterfly Man

On http://www.myspace.com/blindego there are 2 samples now. One features John Mitchell on vocals, and in the other sample it's Mr. Wrichtson delivering the vocals! Go check it out!

Tom

maddox

Nice rocky tunes, Tom. Like what i hear. Moon & Sun is very  *horns*. Well, sort off.  ;)

Am interested.  8)

PH

Hmmm this sounds very promising!

John M sounds VERY different from his Kino, Urbane and Frost vocals. A bit more Ray Wilson-ish. Very funny to hear, actually.
And the lyrics he sings are also very different from what he would normally sing.

And to hear Paul Wrightson is really cool, I haven't heared anything by him except for what he did by Arena.
Once again the lyrics he sings are also very different from what he would normally sing with Arena.
And the way he sings with much less drama.

All good!
I REALLY look forward to this!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

The Butterfly Man

The official website is now updated! It has some interesting features, like lyrics and a few samples. Go check it out!

http://www.blind-ego.com/

Cheers, Tom

The Butterfly Man

Has anybody succeeded in getting their hands on a copy? Here in Holland it's impossible, so yesterday I decided to order it on the band's website. Ah I'm so eager to hear it at last!

Cheers, Tom

Peter

So, the relase party was on
QuoteSaturday 27th, 2007
:D

At least in this year, there's not too many possibilities for guessing the month, harhar...

SCNR...

PS: just ordered the CD...
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

PH

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Thu, 2007-02-08, 16:12:27
Has anybody succeeded in getting their hands on a copy? Here in Holland it's impossible, so yesterday I decided to order it on the band's website. Ah I'm so eager to hear it at last!

Cheers, Tom

Yeah... I haven't seen it in Holland either... Not even in my prog store in town... :(
But I think I can ask the good man to order it for me.

And I think I'll do that!

Cyborg-Frask

Hmmm Too bad the CD is hard to get....

but this will probably cheer you guys up:
http://www.boerderij.org/index.cfm/4,507,eve10001190,html

They will be in 'De Boerderij' on 12 mei....together with Sylvan. Ticket will cost € 17.50.
VERY worth to give this a try

maddox

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Thu, 2007-02-08, 16:12:27

Cheers, Tom

Not entirely true, mate.  ;) Watch this.  ;D

I ordered it yesterday so it should be on it's way pretty soon.

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Cyborg-Frask on Thu, 2007-02-08, 17:00:52
Hmmm Too bad the CD is hard to get....

but this will probably cheer you guys up:
http://www.boerderij.org/index.cfm/4,507,eve10001190,html

They will be in 'De Boerderij' on 12 mei....together with Sylvan. Ticket will cost € 17.50.
VERY worth to give this a try

WOW, thank you Cyborg-Frask, you just made my day!!!  *horns* *horns* *horns*
I always wanted to see Sylvan, but they only seemed tot do gigs in Germany!

Yeahhhhhhhh!!!!!

PH

12 May eh?
Cool!

Shall we go to that gig too Cyborg-Frask? ;D
That's gonna be a lot then... But It could be fun of course.

Just a thought.

JJ II

I would really be surprised to see Paul, John and John together on one stage..... I'd think that's very unlikely to happen, so if it does, I'd be more than happy  :D

PH

Quote from: JJ II on Fri, 2007-02-09, 17:21:17
I would really be surprised to see Paul, John and John together on one stage..... I'd think that's very unlikely to happen, so if it does, I'd be more than happy  :D

Why is it unlikely?
They did it with Arena's 10th birthday.

JJ II

Yes, and I'd love them to do it again. Did you read the biography?  ;)

I think 23 minutes for an unrehearsed encore is something different than an entire tour....
But I would really, really hope that the Reunion was the last step to reconciliation between them.

The Butterfly Man

Ladies and gentlemen,

I just received my copy of the album in the mail, so I'm gonna listen to it tonight! *horns* *horns* *horns*

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tom

Peter

Heya, had my first chance to listen to the first 20some minutes, and it sounds really great so far :D
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Peter on Mon, 2007-02-19, 21:41:31
Heya, had my first chance to listen to the first 20some minutes, and it sounds really great so far :D

It IS great! I just finished listening and my first impression is very positive! It rocks!!! *horns*

Tom

HelenDo

Agreed - it rocks and its fab  ;D

Its my most played CD at the moment. The tracks with John Mitchell vocals are probably my favourites. But I do keep finding myself singing Artist Manque  ::)

Helen xx

PH

I've heard Blind Ego a couple of times now.
And although I REALLY like "Moon And Sun", "Open Sore" and "Forbidden To Remain", I have still to get myself into it.
It's totally NOT what I expected. And in fact, I'm a bit disappointed. But maybe this album is a grower for me.

Actually, some songs are better when you listen more to it.
Still I prefer the ones with Paul on it.

To be continued...

JJ II

Hi all,

I saw Paul yesterday on Heathrow-airport checking in to his flight to Hamburg for the first gig. Regrettably we we in a different line (coming back from South-Africa), so I couldn't say 'hi' to him.

John Jowitt and Paul Wrightson had their first gig together with Blind Ego yesterday. Any reports?

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: JJ II on Mon, 2007-05-07, 11:24:35
I saw Paul yesterday on Heathrow-airport checking in to his flight to Hamburg for the first gig. Regrettably we we in a different line (coming back from South-Africa), so I couldn't say 'hi' to him.

What a funny coincidense, I mean, London Heathrow isn't exactly a small airport...

Are you going to see Blind Ego together with Sylvan next saturday in 'De Boerderij'? I know I will! :)

Cheers, Tom