News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Barrett/Nolan "A Rush of Adrenaline" DVD

Started by creme anglais, Sun, 2006-01-22, 11:31:48

Previous topic - Next topic

creme anglais

Has anyone else seen this dvd yet? It's blinkin marvellous! Nick Barrett & CLive Nolan accoustic gig in Katowice, Poland, May 2005.
Offering a combo of Pendragon, Arena, Shadowland, Strangers on a train, and Nolan/Wakeman stuff. Beautiful camera work, I got my copy this week and it really is fantastic, watched it over and over already!

Go buy a copy, and come back and talk to me about it!  ;D

C-A x

creme anglais

ok, I am hearing tumbleweed!..............

Today those lovely folk at the Pendragon website have put two full length vieo tracks onto the webite for you to view!
Clive and Nick doig thier stuff in Poland.......... it really is a great dvd, go check out the tracks ..........

www.pendragon.mu

C-A x

johninblack

stranger_x

One of the most amazing concerts I have ever seen! It is like Clive and Nick are playing in your room! Highly recommend it to everyone!  ;D All my family liked it very much ranging from 6 to 80 year olds!  :)

creme anglais

Just they way I felt about it Stranger-x, I think some folk look and see "acoustic dvd" and fall over yawning, but it is SUCH an amazing dvd, really superbly filmed, and a great mix of material, and a great atmos........... I loved it so much I bought an extra copy for a mate! (Pity it did not come out before Christmas, would have solved all my shopping headaches!!!)

C-A x

PH

Quote from: stranger_x on Thu, 2006-04-06, 01:16:17
One of the most amazing concerts I have ever seen! It is like Clive and Nick are playing in your room! Highly recommend it to everyone!  ;D All my family liked it very much ranging from 6 to 80 year olds!  :)

And what kind of music does your family normally listen to? It seems you're saying you guarantee that everybody will like it, in that case I should buy it and watch it with my family (including grandparents? :) ;))

stranger_x

:) Hello!

My family is very strict with music and the tastes of each family member vary from classical music to death metal. But speaking for the youngest and the oldest, I must say that a six year old kid was watching the whole concert with his mouth wide open and was smiling each time Clive and Nick were exchanging smiles on stage. The oldest family members were also excited by this concert and I believe that it was the way the songs were performed in a quiet athmosphere with a beautiful lightning and superb camera work! My older sister who has seen a lot of shows and who is a music guide in my life has told me that this is the first concert that has touched her so much. She told me that it was just like looking at nature where the words are not needed, where you just breath music and see true musicians. I do believe that the older people will like this concert more and even those who do not know what progressive music is. But this concert has some camp fire feeling to it. As I have already written, it gives an impression that the guys are playing in your room and it gives you totally new experience. It is a something you will never forget and will always wish to return to.
Some of my family members (my father) is very critical to progressive music and to my own music as well, but even he could not say anything against this gem!  ;D I highly recommend it and wish you good luck! Take care and God bless you! *hugs*

Your loving friend Denis.

P.S. I did not introduce myself yet, but even before I do, you may check out my own music at www.salvation.org.ua/music

Sergey

I have this DVD.Very nice concert.I like Clive's vocals. :)