News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Hogweed Songs

Started by Constable Hogweed, Sun, 2006-03-12, 01:48:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Constable Hogweed

I have a couple of songs on Audiostreet.net if anyone wants to give em a listen  :)

Please go easy on me regarding the sound quality, i have only just got my 8 track and am still trying to come to terms with eq, compression, gain etc  ???

http://www.audiostreet.net/artist.aspx?artistid=42773

Peter

Nice, how long did it take you to make these songs?
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Constable Hogweed

Hi Peter
Thanks for listening  :)  "Beyond" was just the basic organ riff i had for a few weeks, i suppose it took about just over a day to build around it with the guitar and solo keys.

"The Great Beyond" was again the basic keyboard sound which originally i was going to delete from my 8 track because i thought it was going nowhere LoL, but Xanxa liked it and told me to MAKE! it go somewhere, so i added the vocals/lyrics and guitar. To me it still felt incomplete though, so i wrote the second part ( The more uplifting part ) and decided it was actually ok like that, so i kept it.
i suppose all in all it took me a bit longer to get this one together, but I'm glad i did - Thanks to Xanxa ( These women are annoyingly wise huh!  ;D )

Cheers
Hogweed

Peter

Quote from: Constable Hogweed on Sun, 2006-03-12, 16:47:47
( These women are annoyingly wise huh!  ;D )

Hrmpf, sometimes they are, yes :D
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

johninblack

Quote from: Constable Hogweed on Sun, 2006-03-12, 16:47:47
( These women are annoyingly wise huh!  ;D )
Cheers
Hogweed

But she was right, I think they sound pretty good mate. Next step, master the recording equipment then see what you can do!

I expect to hear the results next week ;D ;D ;D

Constable Hogweed

Quote from: johninblack on Sun, 2006-03-12, 19:59:31
But she was right, I think they sound pretty good mate. Next step, master the recording equipment then see what you can do!

I expect to hear the results next week ;D ;D ;D

Can i just hire Alan Parsons instead  :)

johninblack

Quote from: Constable Hogweed on Mon, 2006-03-13, 13:25:26
Can i just hire Alan Parsons instead  :)

Ohhhhhh, take the easy way out. It's your duty to find out what EVERY knob, button, switch and slider on ALL your equipment does.
Then once you know, you can spend what you were going to spend on Alan Parsons on MORE GEAR!

johninblack

Let us know when you have some new stuff to listen to, be interested to hear it.

Constable Hogweed

Will be glad to do so johninblack  :)

johninblack

Well, i'm off to bed in a mo so you have a few hours *horns*

PH

I listened to your songs!
And I like what I hear. Especially 'The Great Beyond'.
To be honest I think the 1st song is not very varied. The riff is good though. And I have the same drum on my YAMAHA keyboard ;).

The vocals on the second song are good. You are singing yourself? It's really good!
You have the ability to 'paint' very scary 'settings' by the way.

Funny thing is, I can recognise the Neal Morse influence in the second part of the second song. It's quite obvious too :D.

If you continue making songs like The Great Beyond, you're gonna make it! I'm interested in hearing more!

johninblack

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2006-03-15, 07:51:07
If you continue making songs like The Great Beyond, you're gonna make it! I'm interested in hearing more!

Totally agree, keep going mate.

Constable Hogweed

Hi guys
I have a new song ( Demo ) called "The messenger" available at "Audiostreet.net"  :)
This one is still not mastered ( sorry johninblack  :-[  )
Lettus know what you fink

Cheers
Ian ( Hogweed )

http://www.audiostreet.net/artist.aspx?artistid=42773

johninblack

We like! (me and Sammi)

What I really like about this track is the way that evry time the 'lead guitar solo part' comes in I expect the track to erupt into an all out rocker, but by not letting that happen you create (for me at least) this tremendous suspense. Well done i'm liking your work.

Constable Hogweed

Thank you johninblack.
You are a tremendous encouragement  :)