News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Now watching

Started by funkster, Mon, 2009-11-09, 17:03:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Teunis

I've been watching the Frost* DVD 'The Rockfield Files'. Fun to watch and awesome musicianship *horns*.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

keyboardistmatt

Ashes to Ashes Series 2
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Draco chimera

Groundhog Day. Love this movie!
Let your conscience decide !

Teunis

Muse - Live At Rome Olympic Stadium. Great stuff, curious what the new album will be like. It will be released next year. According to Bellamy they're leaving the more electronic side and are going back to the roots: more guitar oriented music. And it will be quite heavy. Bring it on *horns*.

Draco chimera

Quote from: Teunis on Sun, 2014-08-17, 21:26:34
Muse - Live At Rome Olympic Stadium. Great stuff, curious what the new album will be like. It will be released next year. According to Bellamy they're leaving the more electronic side and are going back to the roots: more guitar oriented music. And it will be quite heavy. Bring it on *horns*.
Good to hear. I don't have a problem with electronic itself, but the way Muse handled it was sometimes closer to techno/dubstep and all that stuff, which I do not enjoy at all.
Let your conscience decide !

Bupie

NW Muse - HAARP

Such level of stardom must not be easy to deal with. You become half a God for two hours of time ...

maddox

Quote from: Bupie on Thu, 2014-08-28, 13:10:33
NW Muse - HAARP

Such level of stardom must not be easy to deal with. You become half a God for two hours of time ...

I haven't watched the Rome concert yet but Haarp is such a great live gig.
One of the best music dvd's there is. :)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

Lately I've been watching Star Trek episodes. Never thought I would enjoy it that much.
Of course I started with the original series (1966-1969) and I'm nearing the end of the second season.

I remember seeing an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation, many years ago, and thought it was funny (but not in a good way). But I was young then. ;D

Are there any Trekkies here?

Bupie

To be honest, not me : as far as I am concerned, Trek is a bike brand and its only link with outer space is that his most (in)famous rider shares an astronaut's name.

funkster

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2014-08-28, 22:42:39
Lately I've been watching Star Trek episodes. Never thought I would enjoy it that much.
Of course I started with the original series (1966-1969) and I'm nearing the end of the second season.

I remember seeing an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation, many years ago, and thought it was funny (but not in a good way). But I was young then. ;D

Are there any Trekkies here?

The phrase is Trekkers  ;)

I am a fan in that i have enjoyed the various spin offs and the original series but i cannot speak Klingon !!

Also love Star Wars , battlestar Galactica and babaylon 5 

maddox

Quote from: funkster on Fri, 2014-08-29, 16:22:27

Not in the flatlands, it isn't. ;)
It's Trekkies over here.
We've always been a bit cocky.  :-X :P ;D

QuoteI am a fan in that i have enjoyed the various spin offs and the original series but i cannot speak Klingon !!

*horns*

All of the above and, most of all, Star Trek Voyager.
One of the best Star Trek series ever. In my humble opinion. ;)

Never really got in to the original series, just wasn't my kind of thing but loved the TNG series.

I'm a huge fan of Sci-fy in general.

PH

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2014-08-29, 19:28:42
Not in the flatlands, it isn't. ;)
It's Trekkies over here.
We've always been a bit cocky.  :-X :P ;D

I did a quick search and now I think I know what happened here. I've always thought Star Trek fans were called Trekkies, but let's see what Wikipedia says:

There is considerable disagreement among Star Trek fans over whether to use the term Trekkie or Trekker. Some say that Trekkie is "frequently depreciative", thus, "not an acceptable term to serious fans", who prefer Trekker.

So I guess if you're taking your Star Trek fandom (too) seriously you refer to yourself as being a Trekker. Non-Trekkers might call you a Trekkie, or even worse: a total nutcase. ;D

I am a fan in that i have enjoyed the various spin offs and the original series but i cannot speak Klingon !!

I have yet to see all the other series, but I like The Original Series! It's got a special charm, being from the 1960's and all. It's not contaminated with 21st century swear words etc. It's all pretty goody-goody.

I obviously know Star Wars and liked it (not really crazy about it though), looking forward to next installments. Probably have to see them in a row again some day. Battlestar Galactica I do not know. Babylon 5 neither. You would probably recommend it then, right? ;D

All of the above and, most of all, Star Trek Voyager.
One of the best Star Trek series ever. In my humble opinion. ;)

Well, it will probably take a while before I get there, but I guess I'm looking forward to it.

Never really got in to the original series, just wasn't my kind of thing but loved the TNG series.

TOS can be a bit slow. But nevertheless I like it. It's probably the reason why I feel so relaxed after seeing it.

I'm a huge fan of Sci-fy in general.

I've seen a few Sci-fy series over the past years. "Firefly" made enough of an impression on me for me to like to see it again. Loved the blend of Western and Sci-fi. I think I've seen most of "Farscape", which was alright too (didn't like every bit of it though) and "Doctor Who" (obviously, I'd say).
Does "Lost" also count? Liked that one really much!

...oh, and "Thunderbirds". ;D

Probably forgetting some, but they're not in the same league then anyway.

Bupie

A few days ago, while zapping on TV, I stumbled across the pilot of Friday Night Lights ... and instantly got hooked. After six episodes, I still am.

I played US football when I was young so I guess that this is part of the explanation but there is obviously more than that. Kyle Chandler, who plays the team's coach, is outstanding.

Teunis

Subsignal - Out There Must Be Something ~ Live In Mannheim 2012  *horns*

PH

At 21:15 UK time (22:15 Dutch time) BBC Two is showing a documentary about the band Genesis. :)
Anyone else going to watch?

At the moment I'm watching the DVD that came with my version of "Anno Domini High Definition" by Riverside.
Nice.

PH

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2014-10-04, 21:03:53
At 21:15 UK time (22:15 Dutch time) BBC Two is showing a documentary about the band Genesis. :)
Anyone else going to watch?

If you haven't watched it, you've missed nothing special.
This documentary was a disappointment. It started out OK with the school that they went to and a few photos I hadn't seen before. But they went through it really fast. I think maybe 2-3 minutes per album. And just one minute for "Selling England...". "Wind And Wuthering" wasn't mentioned at all as far as I recall. Most of the time was reserved for the pop years. And quite a bit of time was filled with the solo work of Tony, Peter, Mike and Phil. Steve Hackett doesn't have a solo career of course.

Oh and after "We Can't Dance" they disbanded and they didn't get together again before 2007 for a reunion. ::)

Ray Wilson? Calling All Stations? What are you talking about? Never happened.

Nicky007

Doesn't surprise me, Paxi. Prog doesn't exist in these circles. It's all about having fun :(

- Nicky
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Teunis

Muse - Live At Rome Olympic Stadium. Wonderful DVD!

maddox

Quote from: Teunis on Thu, 2014-10-09, 19:14:48
Muse - Live At Rome Olympic Stadium. Wonderful DVD!

It is!
Though I still think that H.A.A.R.P. is a tad bit better. ;)

Teunis

Yesterday evening I've been watching 'Mr Blue Sky: The Story of Jeff Lynne and ELO' on BBC 4. Really enjoyed it, interviews with Ringo Star and Paul McCartney. Never knew they worked together. Also the time with The Travelling Wilburys (with Roy Orbison, Tom Petty and Bob Dylan).
This program was followed by a concert: Jeff Lynne's ELO Live at Hyde Park. It was filmed last month. Really worth watching, it was a lovely evening 8).

Teunis

IQ - Forever Live, what a great DVD. With a very great (5.1) sound, brilliant 8).

PH

Recently I watched the entire Firefly season again for the second time.
I really liked this. Too bad it ends here.

Back to Star Trek.

PH

OK, so I have seen all episodes of Star Trek The Original Series (TOS) (really liked it), some of The Animated Series (TAS) (it's ok) and the first four movies.
The trilogy of II: The Wrath Of Khan, III: The Search For Spock and IV: The Voyage Home was really enjoyable. The Motion Picture not so much.

I think I like The Voyage Home best, it was funny, a nice story, and overall very enjoyable.

So a top 4 (since we seem to like those things):
1. The Voyage Home
2. The Wrath Of Khan
3. The Search For Spock
4. The Motion Picture

I'm watching Star Trek more or less in air date order, so next I'm gonna watch the first two seasons of The Next Generation (TNG) and then movie number five and so on.
Do we need a seperate Star Trek topic now?

maddox

Riverside ~ Reality Dream dvd.

Bupie

This : http://youtu.be/HzFTPSnFNAA

And liking it a lot. I wonder why I never heard of that song before ...