News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Now watching

Started by funkster, Mon, 2009-11-09, 17:03:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Iggy

Quote from: maddox on Tue, 2012-05-22, 19:00:18
I agree.
Bayern was a lot better than Chelsea, who's football I disapprove actually.
They deserved to win, and they had the chance...
Yet Robben chose the wrong corner.  :-\

Benfica was better, Barcelona was better, Bayern was better, yet the un-football that Chelsea played won.
Hopefully, next year will be better.

I think Chelsea will play better football next season. They managed 2 trophy's after what was for them a dire season. It is amazing how often the team that are second best manage to win. (thinks of 2005 and sighs)

Bupie

I must admit ... that I don't care (except for Tired  ;)) since my team of Montpellier won the French Ligue 1 for the first time ever  *horns* And it was so unexpectable that I don't realize yet . But, believe me, after an entire life of waiting, it's really cool  8) and moving  :-X

Nicky007

I generally consider Eurovision a load'o crap. But the winner this time, Loreen, has somethin about her. Not only is her performance singularly memorable, but she's got her own special power. Some excerpts from Wiki:

Lorine Zineb Noka Talhaoui (born 16 October 1983 in Västerås, Sweden), better known by her stage name Loreen, is a Swedish-Moroccan pop singer and music producer. Loreen represented Sweden in the Eurovision Song Contest 2012 in Baku, Azerbaijan, with her entry "Euphoria" and won the first place with 372 points.

She became known to Swedish audiences after taking part in the Swedish Idol 2004 competing as Lorén Talhaoui. She was initially picked as a wildcard by the judges to join the singing competition. She finished 4th overall.

Loreen met local human rights activists, the only 2012 Eurovision entrant to do so. She later told reporters, "Human rights are violated in Azerbaijan every day. One should not be silent about such things." A government spokesman criticized her in response, saying that the contest should not "be politicised" and requested the EBU prevent such meetings. Swedish diplomats replied that the EBU, Swedish TV and Loreen had not acted against the competition's rules.

- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loreen_(singer)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Draco chimera

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sun, 2012-05-27, 10:30:10
I generally consider Eurovision a load'o crap. But the winner this time, Loreen, has somethin about her. Not only is her performance singularly memorable, but she's got her own special power. Some excerpts from Wiki:

Lorine Zineb Noka Talhaoui (born 16 October 1983 in Västerås, Sweden), better known by her stage name Loreen, is a Swedish-Moroccan pop singer and music producer. Loreen represented Sweden in the Eurovision Song Contest 2012 in Baku, Azerbaijan, with her entry "Euphoria" and won the first place with 372 points.

She became known to Swedish audiences after taking part in the Swedish Idol 2004 competing as Lorén Talhaoui. She was initially picked as a wildcard by the judges to join the singing competition. She finished 4th overall.

Loreen met local human rights activists, the only 2012 Eurovision entrant to do so. She later told reporters, "Human rights are violated in Azerbaijan every day. One should not be silent about such things." A government spokesman criticized her in response, saying that the contest should not "be politicised" and requested the EBU prevent such meetings. Swedish diplomats replied that the EBU, Swedish TV and Loreen had not acted against the competition's rules.

- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loreen_(singer)

Nicky.

I saw a french TV program showing a journalist asking each participant what they thought about the situation down there, and most wouldn't answer. It's good to see that one or two such as Loreen have the guts to say the truth, while the others cowardly shut their mouths, but they should be more numerous to speak up. I can't believe the others can just pretend those probelms do not exist for the sake of the competition.

Back to the thread: I just watched the trailer for the next Muse album. Sounded good at first, but then it turns to a dubstep kind of thing. I'm not against a band changing to make something new, on the contrary, but here I don't think this is the right direction to go. In my opinion, dubstep is the anti-definition of music. I am willing to give them a chance, though, but I must say I'm not very confident about what's to come.
Let your conscience decide !

Nicky007

Quote from: Draco chimera on Thu, 2012-06-07, 23:01:30
I can't believe the others can just pretend those problems do not exist for the sake of the competition.

It's a world of superficial glamor (where also music has become some sorta weird slush) ... and occasionally some surprising interesting person turns up in the midst of it  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

funkster

Wanted and even Katie , mrs Funkster , enjoyed it  ???

PH

I've just seen "1492: Conquest Of Paradise" for the third time. Although the film was not a big succes, I think it is a very nice movie. I love the music (Vangelis) and the scenery is very convincing.
I liked it very much!

Draco chimera

Quote from: PH on Sun, 2012-06-17, 00:00:38
I've just seen "1492: Conquest Of Paradise" for the third time. Although the film was not a big succes, I think it is a very nice movie. I love the music (Vangelis) and the scenery is very convincing.
I liked it very much!
My brother made me listen to the main theme of the movie some time ago. Sounded quite good indeed.
Let your conscience decide !

PH

Quote from: Draco chimera on Sun, 2012-06-17, 12:35:49
My brother made me listen to the main theme of the movie some time ago. Sounded quite good indeed.

The main theme (Conquest Of Paradise) is a really nice song. It remained at number 1 position of the Dutch top 40 charts for ten weeks.
But I think the rest of the musical score is also top notch! Highly recommended!
Check for example this beautiful piece of music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1exUeK59gpI

Iggy

England struggle against the Ukraine

>:( :o :P

Iggy

How remarkable.

Now all we need to do is beat Italy and Germany.

What could possibly go wrong.  ;D

Bupie

Quote from: Iggy on Tue, 2012-06-19, 22:47:42
How remarkable.

Now all we need to do is beat Italy and Germany.

What could possibly go wrong.  ;D

;D
I hope the poor French team will be largely beaten by Spain and that we'll get the Spain vs Germany final that everybody is waiting for (no offense for England  ;)).

Iggy

Quote from: Bupie on Wed, 2012-06-20, 10:55:57
;D
I hope the poor French team will be largely beaten by Spain and that we'll get the Spain vs Germany final that everybody is waiting for (no offense for England  ;)).

;D

That should be the final and it would be good to see.

funkster

Girl with the dragon tatoo last night which was great and England v Italy now

funkster

Mama mia and i love it  8)

funkster

Shells by Rob Bell - try it and see if it resonates with what your life is like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_IJemA5jXg

Teunis

Mostly Autumn - The V-shows
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Iggy

I've been catching up with Series 4 of Fringe which is superb a nice treat was hearing Jon and Vangelis on a stereo in the background.

PH

Never got to it, but I'm finally catching up on the tv series "Lost". I'm half way season one and I really like it.

Iggy

Quote from: PH on Fri, 2012-07-06, 22:24:20
Never got to it, but I'm finally catching up on the tv series "Lost". I'm half way season one and I really like it.

I didn't like the second half of Season 2 but it got better and better the further in you get.

Bupie

Dream Theater' Score and really enjoying it  *horns*

Peter

Lately, wifey and I watched the "Game of Thrones" DVDs and we like it a lot.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

funkster

Quote from: Peter on Thu, 2012-07-19, 12:11:06
Lately, wifey and I watched the "Game of Thrones" DVDs and we like it a lot.

I am having a season 2 day tomorrow  :D or dark knight rises , whichever takes my fancy

Teunis

Toto - Falling In Between Live DVD  *horns*
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Bupie

Quote from: Teunis on Thu, 2012-07-19, 18:59:48
Toto - Falling In Between Live DVD  *horns*

I'll see them in two weeks in Vienne (The French one, not the Austrian  :)) : http://theatreantiquevienne.com/