News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Now watching

Started by funkster, Mon, 2009-11-09, 17:03:54

Previous topic - Next topic

funkster

Mock the week and In the loop - bit of politics and satire

Next up is Season 3 of The wire  ;D

Teunis

IQ - IQ20: The Twentieth Anniversary Show  8)
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Iggy

Just watched the new episode of Tourchwood and it has potential.

funkster

8 episodes of The Wire season 3 - sheer class

Off to see Harry Potter tomorrow with my the wife and eldest son

PH

Yesterday I watched Sherlock on the telly.
I think it is a nice show. Would love to see the second series.
It's co-created by Steven Moffat, who's the headwriter and producer of Doctor Who at the moment, and Mark Gatiss, who wrote several Doctor Who episodes.

I've also seen the new Torchwood series and it's really cool! *horns*
I really like it that it's one big story. The first two series where great as well, but Children Of Earth was so good! Loved it. "Miracle Day" is going to be great as well.

funkster

Second series of Shelock is on later this year Paxi as is the second part of the latest Dr Who series - maybe
September ?

PH

Quote from: funkster on Thu, 2011-07-28, 17:48:52
Second series of Shelock is on later this year Paxi as is the second part of the latest Dr Who series - maybe
September ?

Yes I know.
27 August 2011 Doctor Who will be back with an episode called "Let's Kill Hitler". Not really a Doctor Who title, if you'd ask me.

Smegal

csi    sad i know but they use 'who' for the theme tune so i'll give it a go
MY PRECIOUS

Bupie

Now watching Angra's Rebirth World Tour DVD ... and it  *horns* One of the few musical DVD that I have watched more than once entirely.

Teunis

Going to watch 'Flikken' in a moment, it's the only series that I am following  8).

Teunis

I've been watching the Satellite DVD 'Evening Dreams'. The music is  *horns*, but the overall performance is quite boring. The singer keeps his eyes closed all the time :-\.

funkster

The social network

Brilliantly written and acted - loved it

PH

Quote from: Teunis on Fri, 2011-07-29, 20:26:19
Going to watch 'Flikken' in a moment, it's the only series that I am following  8).

I've watched a few episodes of Flikken Maastricht a way back. It was better than I expected! And Maastricht is a nice place (except for all the crimes ;) ).

Still, I like UK detectives/police series more.

maddox

I'm watching, with one eye, Air Crash Investigation.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

I've just watched All Creatures Great And Small, but my dad and I just call it 'James Herriot'.
We have all series on dvd. I LOVE it. I dunno why... It's so comforting, or something. As if we take a look at better times, although quite clearly this isn't always the case! Every age has its own sorrows.

We just finished series 3. Next is series 4 with another actor for Helen, which I think is a pity.

Anyone into this series?

funkster

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2011-08-24, 21:16:33
I've just watched All Creatures Great And Small, but my dad and I just call it 'James Herriot'.
We have all series on dvd. I LOVE it. I dunno why... It's so comforting, or something. As if we take a look at better times, although quite clearly this isn't always the case! Every age has its own sorrows.

We just finished series 3. Next is series 4 with another actor for Helen, which I think is a pity.

Anyone into this series?

Grew up on that Paxi

Guess you already know but Tristan (Peter Davidson) was the 5th Doctor ?

PH

Quote from: funkster on Thu, 2011-08-25, 19:39:29
Grew up on that Paxi

Guess you already know but Tristan (Peter Davidson) was the 5th Doctor ?

I already know! ;)
And Peter Davison's daughter plays the Doctor's daughter in Doctor Who (with David Tennant as the 10th Doctor). But perhaps you knew that as well!

Manatee

Anyone into this series?

I saw some of the series years ago.  Also read all the books.  They were excellent ... and yes, somehow comforting.
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

Draco chimera

Once again, not a "Now Playing" thread, as I watched this movie last week: The Man From Earth. One of the best movie I ever watched. I can't say more about it, and I advise you not to google it, but rather to watch it on DVD without reading any plot sum-up. I know this may sound weird, but believe me, that's the better way to do it!
Let your conscience decide !

Nicky007

All Creatures Great And Small
Anyone into this series?

Yup, saw a lotta that some 30 years ago. I was living in a dorm, sharing a kitchen with a vet student, so you bet  ::)

A bit like Little House On The Prairie.

Anyone say cheese ?  :D

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2011-08-25, 19:59:47
And Peter Davison's daughter plays the Doctor's daughter in Doctor Who

And whose doctor is Doctor Who ?

When he arrives, the patient says "You Who".

Hey guys, am I gettin a bit too sarcastic in my old age ?  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Nicky007

Quote from: Draco chimera on Mon, 2011-08-29, 14:28:43
The Man From Earth

Draco, I don't think that this short plot summary from IMDb is a spoiler; on the contrary, it actually got me stoked:

"An impromptu goodbye party for Professor John Oldman becomes a mysterious interrogation after the retiring scholar reveals to his colleagues he is an immortal who has walked the earth for 14,000 years."

Hope it's OK with you  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

PH

Sounds interesting. I put it on my "movies that I have to see" list.

maddox

Draco chimera

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2011-09-21, 13:25:08
Pink Floyd ~ Live at Pompeii

On youtube, in its entirety.  8)
Watched it on TV last year I think. I found it pretty strange.
Let your conscience decide !

maddox

Quote from: Draco chimera on Wed, 2011-09-21, 21:33:09
Watched it on TV last year I think. I found it pretty strange.

It is, but Pink Floyd was always more a visual spectacle then a true live act without the lights and such so on this DVD PF looks barely naked.
This makes it quite real but then in a surrealistic way.