News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Now watching

Started by funkster, Mon, 2009-11-09, 17:03:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Bupie

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2011-04-05, 21:50:22
Sounds really bad... :-\

Just kidding! I really like it!
Reminds me of Marillion and even Kino. I think I'll just have to check this music.
As you wrote it : since you like Kino or Marillion's Holidays In Eden, there's no reason why you should dislike Menel's era IQ. Plus, I don't think that Nomzamo and AYSC are the most expensive CDs on the web market nowadays. So just go and buy them  ;)

QuoteNot bad at all! :)

You got me interested. He's got a new album out with John Jowitt on bass right?
Yes, I read it too. Neo prog world is a very small family where people come and go ...

PH

I'm now watching and listening to a teacher. I'm in college at the moment. The lecture topic is 'behaviour'. It is interesting. And funny too. ;D

The Butterfly Man

Marillion - Out Of Season

Hands down the best music DVD I own. Just simply amazing. Words can't describe this DVD's awesomeness. *horns*

Here's a trailer for anyone who's interested (who isn't? ;)): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYMGJt5bv7E

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

PH

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Thu, 2011-04-14, 21:15:09

Hands down the best music DVD I own. Just simply amazing. Words can't describe this DVD's awesomeness. *horns*

Here's a trailer for anyone who's interested (who isn't? ;)): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYMGJt5bv7E

Tom

Oh man... that looks SO good! :)

Bupie

Great trailer indeed !

PH

Just finished watching an episode (the first actually) of the Jekyll television series (BBC, 2007).
Intense stuff. Brilliant actor (James Nesbitt).

I've already seen this entire series some time ago, but I'm planning to see the whole thing again.
Those who've never seen it: go check it out, it's awesome.

It stars James Nesbitt as Tom Jackman, a modern-day descendant of Dr. Jekyll, who has recently begun transforming into a version of Mr. Hyde (also played by Nesbitt). Jackman is aided by psychiatric nurse Katherine Reimer, played by Michelle Ryan. Gina Bellman also appears as Claire, Tom's wife. - Wikipedia

Nicky007

Here's a trailer

8) Tom. Gripped me more than the H-Marillion studio albums  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

maddox

Tom

Looks good indeed!

Hmm, now I'm thinking about buying me a box. ...  :o ::) ;)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

Teunis

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2011-04-16, 10:40:43
Now watching:
Wickie de Viking

;D
Cool, very proggy  ;).

I've been watching the Roger Waters DVD 'In the Flesh'
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2011-04-14, 22:31:26
Oh man... that looks SO good! :)

Quote from: Bupie on Thu, 2011-04-14, 23:18:42
Great trailer indeed !

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2011-04-15, 14:24:42
8) Tom. Gripped me more than the H-Marillion studio albums  :)

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2011-04-15, 14:37:23
Looks good indeed!

Hmm, now I'm thinking about buying me a box. ...  :o ::) ;)

Yes guys, you can't go wrong with this box. There's something for everyone to enjoy. A few Fish-era songs, the whole of Seasons End, short songs, (very) long ones, and everything in between! I finished watching the last DVD a few nights ago and they sure saved the best for last, since I think that Neverland on this DVD is the very best version of it I ever saw them do. You have to see it for yourself to see what I mean, it's just brilliant :)

By the way, here are some more previews:

This Town: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GwSbmXH6yc
Real Tears For Sale: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvWgOUMnBNQ

Tom

maddox

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Wed, 2011-04-20, 12:39:30

This Town: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GwSbmXH6yc

And you had to spoil the fun with bringing in This Town! (yawn)  ??? ::)

Give my The Ultimate Gift followed by 100 Nights and then we'll talk. ;)

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2011-04-20, 17:14:52
Give my The Ultimate Gift followed by 100 Nights and then we'll talk. ;)

Nah, it's a great trilogy as it is: This Town, The Rakes Progress and then end with 100 Nights. 8)

And what about Real Beers Tears For Sale?

Tom

Bupie

What's wrong with This Town, Mad ? Too mainstream ? Love it anyway   *horns*

funkster

Match of the day with Liverpool beating Birmingham , team of our new bassist , 5-0

Bupie

Nicky007

Quote from: Bupie on Thu, 2011-05-05, 19:14:17
One of the greatest ballads of all time IMHO

But maybe a bit ordinary  :-\

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

funkster

Harry Potter and the deathly hallows - bit boring and just setting the scene for the second part which i am sure will be the battle to end all battles  *horns*

Might watch the King's speech tonight

Also watched the first 2 episodes of series 3 of the Inbetweeners - pure filth  ;D 

Draco chimera

Watched Memento with my father on Friday evening. It's one of the most complicated movies I've ever seen! It's full of flashforwards and flashbacks, and it's sometimes a bit hard to link the whole thing together. Very interesting movie, in my opinion- though I do not advice you to watch it if you have a headache  ;).
Let your conscience decide !

PH

Tom

What exactly is the difference between "Out Of Season" and "Live In Montreal"?

Nicky007

Quote from: Draco chimera on Sun, 2011-05-08, 10:42:57
Watched Memento with my father on Friday evening. It's one of the most complicated movies I've ever seen!

Yeah, quite a movie, ainit, Draco ?  I'v watched it twice together with Ms 007. We're both fascinated by it, and puzzled. It's one of the movies we'v talked most about  *horns*

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2011-05-09, 12:16:20
What exactly is the difference between "Out Of Season" and "Live In Montreal"?

Out Of Season was filmed at the convention in Port Zélande and Live In Montreal was filmed at the convention in - you guessed it - Montreal. The setlists are the same on both DVD-sets but the vibe is totally different. Out Of Season is more polished while Live In Montreal is more raw. If you were to buy one I would suggest you to choose Out Of Season.

Tom

PH

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Tue, 2011-05-10, 11:42:55
Out Of Season was filmed at the convention in Port Zélande and Live In Montreal was filmed at the convention in - you guessed it - Montreal. The setlists are the same on both DVD-sets but the vibe is totally different. Out Of Season is more polished while Live In Montreal is more raw. If you were to buy one I would suggest you to choose Out Of Season.

Tom

Ah I see.
I can understand that people like to collect everything their favourite band has put out, but to me it looks as if Marillion is trying to suck money out of everywhere...  :-\

I will spare my money for "Out Of Season" then. Too bad it's slighty more expensive...

Thanks, Tom.

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2011-05-10, 15:50:19
I can understand that people like to collect everything their favourite band has put out, but to me it looks as if Marillion is trying to suck money out of everywhere...  :-\

Nobody is being forced to buy anything but lets make this clear: First and foremost Marillion is a business. They are trying to make money. What yould you do if you had a business? Rest on your laurels or would you try to do the same? Sorry but I just cringe when I read such accusations, especially in this corner of the musical spectrum where bands are having lots of problems making any money at all because everything they worked so hard for is up for grabs on the net these days. ::)

QuoteI will spare my money for "Out Of Season" then. Too bad it's slighty more expensive...

Yeah but Out Of Season comes in a nice box (unlike Live In Montreal), is professionally filmed (unlike Live In Montreal) and has a 5.1 soundtrack (unlike Live In Montreal). ;)

Tom

maddox

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Tue, 2011-05-10, 19:22:06

Yeah but Out Of Season comes in a nice box (unlike Live In Montreal), is professionally filmed (unlike Live In Montreal) and has a 5.1 soundtrack (unlike Live In Montreal). ;)

Tom

Ah, you're making it rather easy for us...  :P