News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

The Butterfly Man's cd's...

Started by The Butterfly Man, Tue, 2007-05-29, 13:59:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicky007

So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Nicky007

Quote from: bluepony on Mon, 2007-08-13, 11:39:51
Is this turning into some "Cyrano de Bergerac" thing?  ;)

Bupie, where are you? We need some help with so much woman power around.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

I see... want me to shut up and go away?

Nicky007

No, just get all the Britney-girlies to listen to Arena instead. That'd be a good deal for everyone, and get you a lot of JD/C.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

Problem is, I don't know too many Britney-girlies... I forced them all to listen to Arena, and they either turned into fans (good!  :)) or don't talk to me any more for torturing them with "that horrible music" ( >:()...

bluepony

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2007-08-13, 12:14:22
No, just get all the Britney-girlies to listen to Arena instead. That'd be a good deal for everyone, and get you a lot of JD/C.

Nicky.

I wonder: who would give me all the JD? You??  :)

Nicky007

Sure would, if you made A as big as DT. But I wouldn't pick you up from the gutter again ........... or maybe I would, for "old" friendship's sake.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2007-08-13, 12:25:01
... I wouldn't pick you up from the gutter again ....

Don't worry, so far there's never been any need for that - I know my limits!  ;)

The Butterfly Man

Let's try to get back on-topic again! ;D
I added Redemption - The Origins Of Ruin to my list. Great album!

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

The Butterfly Man

Today I added 2 cd's to my list:

Porcupine Tree - Deadwing. I already have this album since its release but today I bought the DTS-version of it. Sounds really great!
Riverside - 02 Panic Room (Single). Sounds like....uhh....Riverside! :D I can't wait until the 28th of September when they release Rapid Eye Movement!

Have a nice evening everybody!

Tom

The Butterfly Man

Again, I addes two cd's today:

Circus Maximus - Isolate
Three - The End Is Begun

Now I'm gonna listen to them!  ;D

Tom

Nicky007

Two great albums, Tom. Tell us what they're like after some spins.

I'm gettin them too at the first opportunity.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Nicky007

Tom, I'm wondering why you only have 10,000 Days by Tool. All Tool albums are exciting.

And how about Steve Vai, Stride and Sieges Even? I'm sure you'll like them.

I see that your and my tastes are very close.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

erik

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2007-09-28, 12:19:06
Tom, I'm wondering why you only have 10,000 Days by Tool. All Tool albums are exciting.
I very much agree! Lateralus is my favourite!  8)

Remark added: check out the Tool-related project A Perfect Circle as well! (Mer De Noms, Thirteenth Step)
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

maddox

Agree.  *horns*  ;D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

The Butterfly Man

And how about Steve Vai, Stride and Sieges Even? I'm sure you'll like them.

I see that your and my tastes are very close.

Nicky.

Hey Nicky, Just want you to know that 10,000 Days isn't the only album I've heard from Tool. In fact, I listened to them all but haven't got a 'physical' version of any other album of theirs apart from 10,000 Days if you get what I mean...But rest assured, they are on my shopping list so I will have them eventually.

About Steve Vai, I don't really like his music. At least the songs of his that are featured on the 'G3 - Live in Tokyo' dvd (John Petrucci, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani). Although he is technically very, very  good I find his songs lack a certain amount of emotion. Also, when he's on stage he play's with a certain arrogance. He's like "Hey, look at me, I can play the guitar and make crazy faces all at the same time!" Not to mention that fan (as in 'windblower', not fanatic ;)) that makes his hair go wild. Maybe I should actually listen to some of his studio stuff but because of that G3 dvd I'm a bit put off to be honest...

Then Stride and Sieges Even, I haven't heard a single note by them so I can't really comment. How's that for a change! ;) :D

Quote from: erik on Fri, 2007-09-28, 12:46:33
I very much agree! Lateralus is my favourite!  8)

Remark added: check out the Tool-related project A Perfect Circle as well! (Mer De Noms, Thirteenth Step)

Hi Erik (long time no see by the way!)

I also really like Lateralus. In fact, I play Schism with my band (I play the guitar, remember?;))! Great track from a great album. Have to buy myself a proper copy soon! The same story with APC. I listened to all their albums and really enjoy them (especially Thirteenth Step) but I have yet to buy them...actually you guys reminded me to get them as soon as possible!

Tom

Nicky007

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Mon, 2007-10-01, 21:36:49
About Steve Vai, I don't really like his music. At least the songs of his that are featured on the 'G3 - Live in Tokyo' dvd (John Petrucci, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani).

The usual misconception, Tom. Most people who know about Steve Vai don't know more about him than his participation in G3. Does anyone judge JP solely on the basis of his G3 feats? No, in any case noone who knows how fantastic Dream Theater are.

Though Vai probably earned a lot of money doing the G3 tour, it has given him an unfortunate reputation among many proggies of being nothing more than a guitar acrobat, which is a damned pity, because this guy is extremely talented, not only as a guitarist, but also as composer, keyboard player and singer.

Vai's albums "Fire Garden", "Real Illusions: Reflections", "The Ultra Zone", and "Passion and Warfare" are masterpieces, musically as great as the albums of Redemption, and Vai's lyrics are better than Nick van Dyk's (more metaphysical).

OK, he likes putting on a show at his concerts, which in his case is fine, because it doesn't at all detract from the music and adds to the entertainment. I experienced him live in Copenhagen last year, and that was a tremendous concert.

Re Stride, twice I've placed a link in the Room to an excellent sample, namely a video of their song Imagine (not John Lennon's). Their album Imagine is a treat for any heavy proggie.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

Quote from: Nicky007 on Tue, 2007-10-02, 00:47:27
OK, he likes putting on a show at his concerts...

Yep, that happens when you play in the same band like David Lee Roth for a while!  ;D

erik

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Mon, 2007-10-01, 21:36:49
Hey Nicky, Just want you to know that 10,000 Days isn't the only album I've heard from Tool. In fact, I listened to them all but haven't got a 'physical' version of any other album of theirs apart from 10,000 Days if you get what I mean...But rest assured, they are on my shopping list so I will have them eventually.

[...]

Hi Erik (long time no see by the way!)

I also really like Lateralus. In fact, I play Schism with my band (I play the guitar, remember?;))! Great track from a great album. Have to buy myself a proper copy soon! The same story with APC. I listened to all their albums and really enjoy them (especially Thirteenth Step) but I have yet to buy them...actually you guys reminded me to get them as soon as possible!

Tom
Hi Tom, yeah it has been, hasn't it! Cool that you play Schism with your band and relieved that you did not miss that album and A Perfect Circle  ;)
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

The Butterfly Man

Hi guys, I recently recorded myself playing the guitarsolo from Sylvan's Posthumous Silence. Today I added it to Youtube so I thought you might like to see it. You can do so here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO17Wsjuys0

Cheers, Tom

Edit: By the way, I see that I've got some updating to do on my cd-list... :o

Nicky007

Nice, Tom. However, I don't quite understand the purpose  ???

How about recording one of your own compositions ?  - or an interesting cover ?

I also watched your friend Mari racin with Herman and Sam  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Nicky007 on Tue, 2008-07-08, 19:28:01
Nice, Tom. However, I don't quite understand the purpose  ???

The purpose was to show it to a friend who wanted to know how I play it. The purpose was never to post it in The Shattered Room but I thought that maybe some of you guys would find it interesting.

QuoteHow about recording one of your own compositions ?  - or an interesting cover ?

Maybe I will, when I find the motivation to do some recording again.

QuoteI also watched yor friend Mari racin with Herman and Sam  ;D

;D

maddox

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Tue, 2008-07-08, 19:12:20
Hi guys, I recently recorded myself playing the guitarsolo from Sylvan's Posthumous Silence. Today I added it to Youtube so I thought you might like to see it. You can do so here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO17Wsjuys0

Cheers, Tom

Edit: By the way, I see that I've got some updating to do on my cd-list... :o

If there comes a day that Sylvan is searching for a new guitarist I'll send them your email address.  ;)
Good job, Tom.  :D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Steve Jones

Congratulations, Tom, you now have a world famous chin.  ;D
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: maddox on Tue, 2008-07-08, 20:06:48
If there comes a day that Sylvan is searching for a new guitarist I'll send them your email address.  ;)
Good job, Tom.  :D

Thanks Mad! :)

Quote from: Steve Jones on Tue, 2008-07-08, 20:14:02
Congratulations, Tom, you now have a world famous chin.  ;D

Ah just focus on the playing please! ;D I hadn't even noticed it, but I'm used to my chin anyway so to me it's not that big a deal.  :P

Tom