News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Happy Arena Songs

Started by PH, Fri, 2005-11-25, 07:53:29

Previous topic - Next topic

PH

Well there are many people I know who think Arena sounds too over the edge... Or how do you call that? Errmm... to over-acted. To dramatic.
I can understand that, but I like it.

Saryna

I think the word you are going for in english as they say is "over the top".

But I don't think so.  The music has just the right amout of ingredients.  I like it too.

Herben

A Happy song then I would say Welcome to the Cage

Welcome Welcome to the cage
Welcome Welcome to the world we made

If this ain't happy than there is no happy Arena song, although it's not nice to live in a cage, but it's nice to be a member of the cage
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land

keyboardistmatt

I really don't think any Arena song is 'happy' as such, but none of their songs are too gloomy either. :)
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

AndersV

I really think "The Healer" needs a mention here!

Cheers.

bellanova

What about the ending of The Wilderness. Triumph over adversity. It always makes me feel more positive. Also Ascension!

PH

Quote from: AndersV on Sat, 2006-09-02, 14:05:20
I really think "The Healer" needs a mention here!

Cheers.

Some happy things in it indeed.

I'm not sure about Ascension though... "Rising up, I see creations from the sky", that bit isn't very happy I think... I'm not sure... I have to listen to it again. It's obviously happier than the rest of Contagion, so in that perspective... ;)

Another one (I'm not sure of it myself by the way): Medusa, except for the refrain maybe...
I think it sounds very happy.

maddox

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2006-09-02, 22:49:54

Another one (I'm not sure of it myself by the way): Medusa, except for the refrain maybe...
I think it sounds very happy.

Hmm, it seems a bit dark to me. You know, with Medusa, the goddess with snakes as hair. Looks a bit grim as a subject.  :-\
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2006-09-03, 16:07:45
Hmm, it seems a bit dark to me. You know, with Medusa, the goddess with snakes as hair. Looks a bit grim as a subject.  :-\

Lyrically indeed, but musically it sounds very happy to me! From the start "It's just a matter of course now, like some ritual or formality, that's guiding me". That sounds so happy.
Indeed lyrically most Arena songs aren't happy.

Herben

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2006-09-03, 16:07:45
I think Friday's Dream is a happy song especially I would name the couplet It's a world that's far away, from the sound of people calling, ' Free me from these chains, It's a moment of escape.... But yes after this one comes 2 very unhappy lines brrrr I think it's too difficult subject Arena and happy songs, maybe Arena and songs that give You energy, or songs that help You when You're sad, but happy songs and Arena, I just leave it to Welcome to the cage, I think the most happy Arenasong ever.
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land

PH

Quote from: Herben on Sun, 2006-09-03, 16:22:15I just leave it to Welcome to the cage, I think the most happy Arenasong ever.

You're so right about that!
Still Enemy Without is also very happy, especially "No, don't let the child die here". I often find myself jumping and dancing while listening to this part.

maddox

Quote from: PH on Sun, 2006-09-03, 16:24:41
You're so right about that!
Still Enemy Without is also very happy, especially "No, don't let the child die here". I often find myself jumping and dancing while listening to this part.

Every time i play Enemy Without even my wife whistles and sings along. This is indeed a happy track. Sometimes not lyricall but musicwise it is.  8)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Constable Hogweed

Musically speaking i always find "Cutting The Cards" to be uplifting!

PH

Quote from: Constable Hogweed on Sun, 2006-09-24, 16:58:02

I'm afraid I'm not with you on this one. I think it's rather aggressive.

johninblack

Quote from: Constable Hogweed on Sun, 2006-09-24, 16:58:02

Totally agree Hoggy, first time I heard it I thought 'that's gonna be a favourite for ages', It still is. I find a lot of Arena's  music to be very uplifting, just sometimes the lyrics contradict the feel of the music. Probably why I like them so much.

Deenfan

Uplifting sounds fine, but I don't think "happy" suits Arena very well. I want deep. ;)

Appelmoes??

Quote from: johninblack on Sun, 2006-09-24, 17:42:07
Totally agree Hoggy, first time I heard it I thought 'that's gonna be a favourite for ages', It still is. I find a lot of Arena's  music to be very uplifting, just sometimes the lyrics contradict the feel of the music. Probably why I like them so much.
AMEN!
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

PH

After given Cutting The Cards another spin I can agree.
It has a bit of the happy thing in it.

"Right, right to the end! We are joined till the universe fades into darkness again. And you know, yes you know, we can't survive alone! On our own!"

Very happy bit. (not lyricalwise of course, but everybody should know that by now...)
The rest of the song sounds very aggressive to me.

Appelmoes??

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2006-09-27, 22:03:47
After given Cutting The Cards another spin I can agree.
It has a bit of the happy thing in it.

"Right, right to the end! We are joined till the universe fades into darkness again. And you know, yes you know, we can't survive alone! On our own!"

Very happy bit. (not lyricalwise of course, but everybody should know that by now...)
The rest of the song sounds very aggressive to me.
I find that bit very 'happy'. To me it means that no matter what, 'we' will stick together 'till the end, because 'we' need each other. Very positive imo.
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace