News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Arena on Youtube

Started by Justin, Tue, 2007-06-05, 19:00:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

Hello all.

I have a suggestion. What do you guys think about a Arena channel on youtube? That might get more people into Arena since millions of people visit that site. I could provide video clips for the channel ( I have some videos ripped from Caught In The Act + Smoke & Mirrors ). I would be happy to be involved in this, since I am a youtube fanboy ;D

Just a simple thought, cast into the light  ;)

Please share your thoughts about this.

Appelmoes??

I think you'd need the permission of the Arena-boys first.
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Justin

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Tue, 2007-06-05, 19:11:58
I think you'd need the permission of the Arena-boys first.
Ofcourse, but, like said before, just a suggestion 8)

Nicky007

Quote from: Justin on Tue, 2007-06-05, 19:00:51
I have a suggestion. What do you guys think about a Arena channel on youtube? That might get more people into Arena since millions of people visit that site. I could provide video clips for the channel ( I have some videos ripped from Caught In The Act + Smoke & Mirrors ). I would be happy to be involved in this, since I am a youtube fanboy ;D

I'm surprised that a very professional and, within prog, quite big group like Arena has almost nothing on Youtube and Wikipedia. These are the places where a lot of people search for new experiences and ideas that they can explore further.

Can anyone explain this lack of outreach?

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

wagner

I don t think the Arena-boys would like the video on youtube yet... like I said send them to me and will see what I can do... but for now it s not possible... Sorry!

Video on the myspace site tho!

La Rose noire!
myspace.com/arenaatverglas

Herben

I already started a Arena / the cage site on hyves, so if You guys want to become a member.... we have 8 members now
So I also looked for a Youtube video from Arena to put into the site but there was none to be found, it's a pity.
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land

JJ II

If someone (Wagner?) can forward this to the Arena-boys: personally I think some proper YouTube video's would be great!!

I really cannot see what is against it: the quality is not good enough for piracy, but good enough to enjoy and to get a good impression.

Personally I LOVE watching videos by Genesis, Marillion, Fish, etc. There's some pretty old stuff available, that I'd never seen before and I love it.
Arena could select some songs from old fanclubvideo's to be there, just for memory sake and to get an interest in the band.

But they could even make some new songs available as well, one or two of each DVD, as a teaser. I think MetalMind from Poland do this themselves too. I saw official recordings by Pendragon and by Nick and Clive and even Neo (I think) on there! I am convinced this will raise interest. Imagine you love in Russia and you have never seen the band, I guess you want to see some of it. This is the chance!

Bottom line: I am very much in favour of it. Most of the stuff had no copyright on it and the stuff that has will be easy to get (since MetalMind doesn't seem to be against it, considering they are posting themselves on YouTube).

To illustrate what I mean (sorry Mick, but I think this material is soooo good):

A whole lot of young mr.Pointer behind the drums! (unique material not available elsewhere)

Peter

Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Bupie

Quote from: JJ II on Tue, 2007-07-31, 19:30:24
If someone (Wagner?) can forward this to the Arena-boys: personally I think some proper YouTube video's would be great!!

I really cannot see what is against it: the quality is not good enough for piracy, but good enough to enjoy and to get a good impression.

Personally I LOVE watching videos by Genesis, Marillion, Fish, etc. There's some pretty old stuff available, that I'd never seen before and I love it.
Arena could select some songs from old fanclubvideo's to be there, just for memory sake and to get an interest in the band.

But they could even make some new songs available as well, one or two of each DVD, as a teaser. I think MetalMind from Poland do this themselves too. I saw official recordings by Pendragon and by Nick and Clive and even Neo (I think) on there! I am convinced this will raise interest. Imagine you love in Russia and you have never seen the band, I guess you want to see some of it. This is the chance!

Bottom line: I am very much in favour of it.

I second that 200 %. I think it would be a great free publicity for the band.

wagner

Hello guys!

if you want to see arena on youtube, you can...
you need to got to search and put arenaatverglas and you'll find some stuff there...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lucXR8vrgsk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvmg_IVrBzU

and it's not too bad. JJ thx for the link for Marillion, very funny to see Mick young... and by the way, he said that we enjoyed the Euro in Mallorca  last week... Very nice!

Wagner
La Rose noire!
myspace.com/arenaatverglas