News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

¡¡¡ARENA MEXICAN TOUR!!!

Started by Miwsiq, Wed, 2005-08-03, 06:52:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Miwsiq

HI...

ARENA IN MEXICO...  8)
1/SEP/2005 IN LEON GUANAJUATO MEXICO IN THE THEATRE MANUEL DOBLADO... VISIT THE NEXT LINK http://www.toccata.com.mx/  for more info mail to producciones@toccata.com.mx

4/SEP/2005 IN MEXICO CITY IN THE THEATRE OLLIN YOLIZTLI... www.soldeneb.com  soldeneb@yahoo.com.mx

SEE YOU IN THE CONCERT... ;)

Rigs

Quote from: Miwsiq on Wed, 2005-08-03, 06:52:30

ARENA IN MEXICO...  8)
1/SEP/2005 IN LEON GUANAJUATO MEXICO IN THE THEATRE MANUEL DOBLADO... VISIT THE NEXT LINK http://www.toccata.com.mx/  for more info mail to producciones@toccata.com.mx

SEE YOU IN THE CONCERT... ;)
Cool !!!

I will meet you in Leon !!!

Regards,

Rigs.

Saryna

Thanks for posting about this!  I just posted about it on some other boards as well thanks to you!

I'm hoping some California based promotor might be interested in tacking on another date before, after this or whatever.  Let's hope. :)

Rigs

Wow !!! 

Arena in Aguascalientes !!  that's COOL ... can't wait to see them tomorrow !!

*ola*

JJ II

Tell us, how was it and what did they play??

ace

Aguascalientes: I sadly have to say that facilities werent the best for this great band, I would prefer them to play at Teatro Aguascalientes but whatever... Then, equalization was.. man, this guys here in Ags don't know what Arena is, at first Clive was shut up! I even see him ANGRY!! lol but then they came to sound better by the second song. Poor Rob, voices where also shut up but his scenic prescene was the trigger to set people in mood, Rob u rock man!

What else.. well, crowd that went there don't really know Arena that good, I can say that they wont even know what prog rock is, anyways.. there was some of us, true believers, that were cheering them up!

We have this fear... at 9pm the guys at facilities have to close the theater.. man, what in earth is it that they HAVE to close at this time when a great band comes to our city!!, not in years we have had something like this and they came up with this shit by LIGHTS UP!!! WTF!! at the middle of the song!!! I think Arena got upset, they finish the song and then left. But we started to ask for more and more and hope we vanished that stupid behaviour from facilities guys.

I really have to say that the show was DAMN GREAT!! Every one of them, just great great great!

Thank you guys for coming to our place and showing us how you are, kindness and true friends... Er and thank you guys for having pictures w/me. I really appreciate it!!
"Mess with the best, die like the rest"

Teunis

That must have been quite annoying for you, but also for the band. I'm afraid they won't play there anymore! This venue doesn't deserve that >:(. At least the music was great.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

keyboardistmatt

That seems like a great shame.  The venue aren't doing themselves any favors either.
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

ace

Quote from: Teunis on Sun, 2005-09-04, 11:46:38
That must have been quite annoying for you, but also for the band. I'm afraid they won't play there anymore! This venue doesn't deserve that >:(. At least the music was great.

True that man, well, you know... eventough this was a shame, Arena guys behaved wonderful, they came to sing our cd's, chat and taking pics w/us. This only shows how great a band should be, not only great musicians but also excellent persons.
"Mess with the best, die like the rest"

Saryna

Thanks for sharing that with us Ace.  I'm glad you enjoyed the show and cool pictures together.  Yes, theyre great guys.

Guillermo

The first concert of the Mexican Tour (Teatro Manuel Doblado, Leon GTO 1-Sep-05) was great.

First of all, It was really the big thing to see Arena in my State. I just had to move 150 Km. to the Leon GTO. City instead to the 300 Km. to the México City, not to mention that Leon is a safer City with less social problems. In 1997 when i heard the "Songs from the lions cage" album due to a review in the "Dutch Progressive Rock Page" my thoughts were "Only a miracle could bring this fantastic band to my country". Thanks to Toccata Productions and the Arena Management for doing that miracle!

The Concert:
  Sound problems? Not really, only in the first or second song. Overal,l the sound was not-so-loud but terrific!
   The band gave a top performance. Rob Sowden won the simpaty of the crowd instantly, John Mitchell played with heart and soul, Clive Nolan made the jokes and of course the wise playing, Ian Salmon shows mature and clean playing and Mick Pointer did his job. 
  The Songlist (In my honest opinion) was by far, better than the Caught in the Act DVD. The band played most part of "The Visitor" and 4 songs of the first two albums including "Medusa", one of my favorites and "Midas Vision". Surprises: "Waiting for the flood" from "Immortal?" and the excelent "Purgatory Road" from the most recent studio release.
  The audience: A variety of different persons: Prog Heads, Metal Heads, "Darkettos", Nice girls, Teens, Couples with Kids (!) and even an old man enjoying the music. Maybe 500 or more (A very decent number of people for a Prog-Rock concert in México) all sang the famous "Heeeelp me..." chorus at the end of the concert.
  The musicians were kind with the audience. Bassist Ian Salmon seems to be the nicest guy in the band. Mick Pointer asks for a "Sol" Beer and began with the people, while a Smiling Nolan share his experiences with the fans. Johnny "serious" Mitchell was the quietest but also met the mexican people.
  And all the girls?...Bingo! with long tall Sowden.

My feelings: That it was the best Arena Concert i could ever seen. The performance was superb and was in my place!!!  The only thing now is... i choose to recall my memories of this concert than watch the DVD again.!

Guillermo (Sorry for my English)                 
Permite que tu conciencia decida!