News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Now watching

Started by funkster, Mon, 2009-11-09, 17:03:54

Previous topic - Next topic

funkster

Tonight i will be watching The lovely bones

maddox

Quote from: funkster on Sat, 2010-02-27, 19:04:23
Tonight i will be watching The lovely bones

I heard lots of good things about it.
The plot has a bit of a M. Night Shyamalan (The Sixth Sense among others) touch in it.
That isn't a bad thing.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Bupie

Saturday night, I watched my favorite soccer team, Montpellier, freshly promoted from L2, defeat Rennes 3-1 to keep the second place of L1, on par with Bordeaux. Champions League, here we come  *horns*  Only twelve games left to resist to Marseille and Lyon's comeback ... which, to be realistic, could be half a dozen too much  :P

aswas

Genesis DVD When in Rome. Still thinks it is a good dvd. Tony is as great as ever. (as a biased keys player would say)
don't fly... too close to the sun

Peter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgMeFTIWRVs

dance floor.... that's where you end up when you tube too much... :) good beat, though :)
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

aswas

Tonight I watched Nightwish " End of an Era" DVD. Sounds good on the phones. Strong powerful DVD. Most of the songs have the same beat I know, but they are really into it. Too bad she had to leave, but it's entertaining as hell.

Bupie

It's a good description, Aswas. Their first DVD, From Wishes To Eternity, was very good too, less flashy but more r'n'roll : you won't be disappointed if you get it  *horns*

About Tarja, I really think it was some kind of a commercial suicide for the band to let her go but I guess Tuomas had his reasons  ::)

I miss her a lot, though  :P

Peter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2T4ziq7InQ

One for you, Nicky? Or maddy?

If only those guys would stop .... belching... the clean vocal parts are really good...
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

maddox

Quote from: Peter on Tue, 2010-03-09, 20:17:52
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2T4ziq7InQ

One for you, Nicky? Or maddy?

If only those guys would stop .... belching... the clean vocal parts are really good...

Reminds me a bit of Scar Symmetry.
Sounds similar, doesn't it Nicky?

It also sounds a bit NU-metalish, you know a bit like Korn.

It's not bad. Not bad at all. Thanks, Peter.  ;)

aswas

I miss Tarja also. I don't have the other DVD. I will pick it up soon. I am still going through the list of cds you suggested.

I am gonna watch Dream Theater "Score" today. Thanks Bupie

Bupie

Kansas - There's Know Place Like Home

Man, what an awesome gig with a killer song selection *horns*  Rich Williams is an immensely gifted and criminally underrated guitar player and Steve Walsh still can sing (at least on this DVD, don't know about overdubs).

Never have seen Kansas live will be one my greatest musical regrets. I would give a lot of money to get back in time and see them perform during the Monolith tour. But this DVD is already a huge consolation !

Sorry for all the superlatives but Kansas is something really special in my musical universe for some 30 years  8)

Bupie

Megadeth - That One Night : Live In Buenos Aires

Very dynamic shooting, great setlist, incredible audience, it just rocks  *horns* On the down side, no bonus and no booklet at all but the world is not perfect, is it ?

funkster

The new episode of Dr Who and it was wonderful  ;D

Nicky007

I never thought that I could be taken by a Bollywood-film, but Namastey London was really enjoyable: funny, catchy, and the female protagonist Jasmeet 'Jazz' is charming and coyly sexy  8)

Lots of great culture clash humour (e.g. Indians living in London)  ;D

If you havent seen it, then I can recommend it warmly  ;)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

maddox

funkster

maddox

Quote from: funkster on Fri, 2010-04-09, 11:49:21
4-1 and some lovely goals  8)

Though there were some question marks about the first one (Kuyt). ;)
Benfica claimed that the referee was a bit biased.  :-\

Iggy

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2010-04-09, 14:16:10
Though there were some question marks about the first one (Kuyt). ;)
Benfica claimed that the referee was a bit biased.  :-\

Would have been just our luck this year (after the beach ball inciident) offside from a corner!?

aswas

Bupie, I forgot all about that Kansas concert. I am gonna watch that today. It is awesome. I haven't watched it for all long time

funkster

Dr Who - the beast below

2 episodes in and i am very impressed with the new series

Bupie

Quote from: aswas on Tue, 2010-04-13, 00:00:46
Bupie, I forgot all about that Kansas concert. I am gonna watch that today. It is awesome. I haven't watched it for all long time

Did you see them live in the 70's, with their original line-up (not the Proto-Kaw one) ? Too bad the DVD has no bonus except one rehearsal song but, hey, what performance of the three guitar players (Rich Williams, Kerry Livgren and Steve Morse) during this rehearsal : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWi1LhhzeM0  *horns*

Nicky007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5GuTJplYLs

An incredibly touching scene, the last scene in Riding In Cars With Boys  :'(

Two great actors: Drew Barrymore & James Woods !

Don't be mistaken about Drew: She's sexy alright, but she's also a moving (in all senses) actress.

In this movie, "She really nailed it."

Guys, if ya havent seen it yet, then  ;)

And it's based on a true-life story, Beverly D'Onofrio's book with that name.

And for the feinschmeckers: Chet Atkins plays the guitar on this song, All I Have To Do Is Dream, the original Everly Brothers' version (1958).

From Dan Aldridge's review of Riding In Cars With Boys on IMDB:

"I admit that I watched this movie for the most frivolous of reasons: I liked Brittany Murphy's performance in the trailer ('My daughta's a tramp!'). I really never cared for Drew Barrymore, before. However, my opinion of her has changed. Drew put in an INCREDIBLE performance in this movie. She really nailed it. In fact, all of the actors gave commendable performances. I was so moved that I was quite uncomfortable for much of the movie. The pain that was portrayed was so real that I almost regretted purchasing what I thought was supposed to be a comedy. I'm glad I got through it - and an hour later I'm still stunned by what I saw. This movie is well worth seeing.

I also think that this movie was a kind of therapy for Beverly, who is standing up, triumphantly, shouting, 'I went through a lot of crap and I made it!'"

Hey guys, am I becoming a sentimental old milksop ?  ::)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Nicky007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aepBpZ3kXek

Another amazing last scene of a movie, this time David Lynch's fabulous Lost Highway, with David Bowie singing I'm Deranged - fitting - after an orgy of mindboggling weirdness  :o *horns*

Actually Bowie fits very well into this sorta agenda  8)

Am I becoming a last-scene collector ?  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

aswas

Teunis

'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)