News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Your first computergame

Started by PH, Mon, 2005-10-17, 20:52:24

Previous topic - Next topic

marcello

The Classic Lemmings was my very first game, and i still play it to this day. I had it on the Megadrive.
What will I be, When Winter comes again, and were wrapped up in furs, and life has begun again

keyboardistmatt

KBM **Digs out his copy of Lemmings for the PC** ;D
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Appelmoes??

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Tue, 2005-11-08, 20:15:59
KBM **Digs out his copy of Lemmings for the PC** ;D
I once played that with a friend of me, the whole day long. Pretty addictive. (for 10 year old kids...)
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

marcello

Addictive?...Its like nicotine!!!

What will I be, When Winter comes again, and were wrapped up in furs, and life has begun again

PH

Quote from: NijntjeRocks on Tue, 2005-11-08, 19:41:36
edit: Oh, my other brother had an Amiga, we used to play Larry, quiet exciting for me at that age :P

Oh yes... :D
Leisure Suite Larry

I never played that game, but I heard good things about it from Cyborg-Frask and his dad ::)

marcello

QuoteOh yes...
Leisure Suite Larry

I never played that game, but I heard good things about it from Cyborg-Frask and his dad

Oh! Leisure Suite Larry...Thats the game I see in every game store accross town. Its that game with a little man on the front with those 2 women in tight bikinis on the front.

What the hell is it about????

Deenfan

Walking around being a no-gooder, from what I remember. I can vividly recall the day my friend and I typed in the command: "Fuck the lady" just for fun, and he actually did it!!

Or were we just fantasizing...?? No, something naughty did happen. Fuck, this is twentyodd years ago... :-[

keyboardistmatt

Here are the screenshots of the first game I owned from each console...

Marble Madness on the ATARI ST

Alex Kidd in Miracle World on the SEGA MASTER SYSTEM

Sonic The Hedgehog on the SEGA MEGADRIVE

Nostalgia, man! 8)

marcello

QuoteNostalgia, man! 8)

Those screenshots bring a tear to my eye *sniff*

Sonic 1 was my favourite game all through my childhood

PH

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Tue, 2005-11-08, 23:09:44Here are the screenshots of the first game I owned from each console...

Marble Madness on the ATARI ST

This seems like good fun.
What is it?

Deenfan

Looks like the business end of a blue sewer... :-\

CygnusX1

Quote from: Deenfan on Tue, 2005-11-08, 16:24:48
On my first pc I had a demo of a game I think was called "Pipeline", "WinPipe" or something like that. You were building a pipeline with pipes of different shapes and types, and after a while, oil started flowing from the source tank. How far before the oil reached the end of the line? Addictive and exciting, as far as I can remember, but I haven't been able to find the game, ever again. I would love to hear from someone that can recognize this.

Sounds like you're describing "Pipe Mania" Deenfan.  I got completely hooked on it when I had an Atari ST.  I think it got ported to various machines, including the PS1.

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2005-11-09, 07:42:37
This seems like good fun.
What is it?

That is Marble Madness on the ATARI ST.  The object of the game is to get the coloured marble through the maze to the goal at the end.  There are plenty of tricks though, to name a few; Slinkys, which eat your marble; Acid Pools, which dissolve your marble; and The Black marble, which knocks you off of the edge of the maze.  If you fall off from a great height your marble will smash, and be swept up.  Every time something bad happens to your marble, you get a time penalty (because if all that wasn't enough, you have to complete the race before your time expires!)

If you do complete the level within the time limit, the remaining time will be carried over to the next level.

That screenshot shows the end part of Level 2.  The blue marble (complete with white dots to make it look shiny...) has just come down the chute, and is seen sliding around on the ice.

Marvellous fun! ;D

keyboardistmatt

Zelda 3: A Link to the Past.
The first game I ever played on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System.

*ola*

marcello

I never had a Super Nintendo, my consoles are: sega megadrive, sega saturn, PC, (I got Duke Nukem 3d for my first PC, a brilliant game, and the new one is comming out soon i believe) PSX, PS2, Gamecube (sold it) and hope to get a PSP one day.

Again, what is "Leisure Suite Larry"?

Cyborg-Frask

I never played that game, but I heard good things about it from Cyborg-Frask and his dad
hehe :, my brother played larry and told me about it, then my dad picked up the converstaion and said: "o Larry! I remeber that game :D , and i was like: :| reall? :| , the game isn't really interesting though.

QuoteAddictive?...Its like nicotine!!!
o man LEMMINGS :| , that was soo awesome, i never got past the first level though, i was like 8 years old and all i wanted to do is let all those little guys to go BOEM! and let them explode :P . that was really lol.

@ PH:
Did we play Konami's Soccer on parties?.. hmm i can't remember... games that i know that we've played them on parties where Docter Livingstone..., earth worm Jim and Red Alert 1, yeah... great times....*getting nostalgic*

Again, what is "Leisure Suite Larry"?
Do you really want to know? :P , in that game you are a little and kinda ugly guy, and you have to get a girlfriend, though... every women goes away from you for some reason. but you never give up and go from one to the other... really a weird game. :S ...

PH

Quote from: Cyborg-Frask on Wed, 2005-11-09, 18:32:38Do you really want to know? :P , in that game you are a little and kinda ugly guy, and you have to get a girlfriend, though... every women goes away from you for some reason. but you never give up and go from one to the other... really a weird game. :S ...

Well in fact 'Larry' was a sexist.
You can compare him with Johnny Bravo, I hope you know who Johnny Bravo is?

@Marcello:

How old were you when you played Duke Nukem?? :o

marcello

Lol, Thanks for that, I do know who Johnny Bravo is.

How old was I? I think the first time I played it, I was about 7 ;D (I know you are going to tell me off for playing an 18 rated game at the age of 7, but come on, tell me you havent watched flims  or played games that you were once under age to watch?)..................this was a long time ago though, so I can't remember exactly.

Even though I have games which are much better than DN, I still wish I could play it. It wont install on XP though  :'(, because it was one of those games that you had to boot up in MS DOS.

PH

Quote from: marcello on Wed, 2005-11-09, 20:01:26
Lol, Thanks for that, I do know who Johnny Bravo is.

How old was I? I think the first time I played it, I was about 7 ;D (I know you are going to tell me off for playing an 18 rated game at the age of 7, but come on, tell me you havent watched flims  or played games that you were once under age to watch?)..................this was a long time ago though, so I can't remember exactly.

Even though I have games which are much better than DN, I still wish I could play it. It wont install on XP though  :'(, because it was one of those games that you had to boot up in MS DOS.

Duke Nukem worked on my pc under Xp as good as it worked on my 486.
...oops...

marcello

Did you have to download any patches? Or did you buy it again for XP? Or is it just a mirracle?

PH

Quote from: marcello on Wed, 2005-11-09, 21:34:10
Did you have to download any patches? Or did you buy it again for XP? Or is it just a mirracle?

Last one I guess...

NijntjeRocks

Quote from: marcello on Wed, 2005-11-09, 21:34:10
most will work with DOS-prompt, otherwise you'll need to have a 'ported' version

i used to play DN with a class-mate in the computerroom of the school when no-one really believed we were playing against each-other (we just had something they called a 'network' at the time :P)
Nijntje=Miffy. Original Miffy: (in Dutch)

Deenfan

Quote from: CygnusX1 on Wed, 2005-11-09, 14:22:43
Sounds like you're describing "Pipe Mania" Deenfan.  I got completely hooked on it when I had an Atari ST.  I think it got ported to various machines, including the PS1.

Would love to know if there is a windows playable version of that one somewhere. It was veeeery addictive.

marcello

What about Arena...The Game?

marcello

As in a pixely sega version of Arena, the videogame. Adds that comic essence to the band