News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Your first computergame

Started by PH, Mon, 2005-10-17, 20:52:24

Previous topic - Next topic

PH

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Thu, 2005-10-20, 19:44:49
Well... That's just plain scary shit :-\

I dunno... there's nothing like feeling the love, man! ;D

You know it man, give me a hug. ;D

Appelmoes??

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2005-10-20, 20:20:34
OMG! :o

I believe this could be the beginning of something beautiful :P
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2005-10-20, 20:20:34

Oh, can you feel the love?  Oh wow...!!! :-*

;D
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Cyborg-Frask

eh.. yeah right... to come back on topic :P:

my first game...pfff don't really remeber but i know some that i've played until my head came off:

Roadfighter
You were a little tiny red car and you had to race against other cars (in the colors pink, blue and green). Your goals was to get to the finish line before you ran out of fuel. The game had only 6 levels but it was quite differcult though. a really great game.

Bubble Bobble

Now this is a Awesome game. you were a little Dinosaur and had to kill all the other creatures in the map with Bubbles  :D it was a great game, just 1 problem: the game had some kind of bug that when you came to the last level (number 99) the game stopped  :'( that was really an anti-climax ). but still a great game! :)

Red Alert 1
I played this game when i was about 7 years old (released in 1996) and i really love(d) it. it has been released again recently, and i accualy bought it ;D too bad it doesn't run on XP :( but that's why i also have an windows 98 computer :P . The game was revolutionary! playing a game and be the ruler over a complete army... genius...

Splinter Cell
Now this also a really special game, it's quite new ( splinter cell 1 was released in 2002 ) and really cool. It's one of the (not many) sneaky stealth games, at this moment i'm playing Splinter cell 3 Chaos Theory, and offcourse i'm looking forward to play Splinter cell 4. my eyes already hurts when i look at those graphics  :P but that's not really an old game.. so not really on-topic 8)

hmm this is what i come up with at this moment, maybe in the next days i'll remeber more awesome games :p

PH

Quote from: Cyborg-Frask on Sun, 2005-11-06, 20:24:03
eh.. yeah right... to come back on topic :P:

my first game...pfff don't really remeber but i know some that i've played until my head came off:

>>lot of text here<<

You forgot to mentio MGS on your gamecube.
You now came down to the 10th place on my respect-list...

::)

keyboardistmatt

You have a 'respect' list??

Dear me, it's worse than I thought.  Who's at 1st place? ;D

PH

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Sun, 2005-11-06, 21:27:59
You have a 'respect' list??

Dear me, it's worse than I thought.  Who's at 1st place? ;D

My girlfriend. Along with my best friend.
And no, you're not on second place. ;)

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: PH on Sun, 2005-11-06, 21:37:45
My girlfriend. Along with my best friend.
And no, you're not on second place. ;)

I would expect to not be on there at all! 8)

NijntjeRocks

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2005-10-20, 20:19:58
Really?
I thought MSX was a real Japanese product.
Most games were Japanese too.
(Like all of Konami's games (those were the best, you know.))
Philips has an research-centre in Japan, probably worked together with some japanese corp, just like the CD and DVD, they developed it with Sony
Nijntje=Miffy. Original Miffy: (in Dutch)

PH

Quote from: NijntjeRocks on Sun, 2005-11-06, 21:55:29
Philips has an research-centre in Japan, probably worked together with some japanese corp, just like the CD and DVD, they developed it with Sony
But Philips was the brain behind the Compact Disc. Sony was developer/producer while Philips was brain/producer.
If I recall correctly...?
Ahh...who cares anyway.
MSX: cool.
Sony: fine.
Philips: fine too.
Konami: GREAT.
'nuff said.

@Keyboardistmatt:
You're on 3rd place... :D

Cyborg-Frask

You forgot to mentio MGS on your gamecube.
...eh... am i still allowed to live? :S o man.. Twin Snake how could i forget that game... that was/is an awesome piece a Konami. many people say that the game is too short (4 hours if you hurry). but that's just ok becuase now you play the game many times, on differend differculties. really cool, i'm still busy with the game on extreem, hmm that Hind D isn't as easy as i thought it would be :P
QuoteYou now came down to the 10th place on my respect-list...
tnx :P i ain't worth it though  ;), but for all of you.. you all have a special place in my heart... man that sounded really creepy :D :P

Herben

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2005-11-07, 07:17:35
MSX: cool.
I remember we used to say MSniks to MSX (Niks is nothing in Dutch)
I never saw the fun in tetris and games with an eating circlecreature in a raster, I always did like soccer games especially the EA sportsgames, Davilex soccer are very unstable, crashing too often.
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land

Cyborg-Frask

hehe i've also played soccer on the MSX, the name of the game was: "Konami's Soccer" , great game, really funny. I've played it quite some time togeter with my brother, he always won from me though :(

PH

Quote from: Herben on Mon, 2005-11-07, 19:25:40
I remember we used to say MSniks to MSX (Niks is nothing in Dutch)
I never saw the fun in tetris and games with an eating circlecreature in a raster, I always did like soccer games especially the EA sportsgames, Davilex soccer are very unstable, crashing too often.

You were probably confused with a Commodore.
I never enjoyed Tetris and PacMan eiter... (well, sometimes a PacMan game can be funny), but I really liked the Soccer game we had on the MSX and graphically it was GREAT for that time.

'Soccer' by Konami, man that was great, but very difficult, the computer was too good for me, luckily you could play to a human too. We played this on parties a lot (do you remember Frank?)

'The Castle', I loved it, there was so much to see! And even more to do!

'Eggerland', Some called the game 'Lolo' or something. It was a puzzle game, I remember my dad and me playing this funny game.

The famous 'Roadfighter' (by Konami), Frank (Cyborg-Frask) already mentioned this one.

'Kingsvalley'!! The first game EVER with a map-editor! I was hooked from the beginning. Of course this was a Konami game.

'Metal Gear' (Konami), the BEST game I ever played!!

Also the best game I ever played: Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake

And now people of my age are playing things like this:

Doom 3

What happened to the gaming world?!?!?!?!

Luckily we have games like:

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty (yup, a Konami game)

Now you may speak again.
;D

marcello

Who are my fellow Half Life fans?

If any  :'(
What will I be, When Winter comes again, and were wrapped up in furs, and life has begun again

PH

Half Life belongs to the Doom 3 people I just mentioned. ;)
:D

Deenfan

On my first pc I had a demo of a game I think was called "Pipeline", "WinPipe" or something like that. You were building a pipeline with pipes of different shapes and types, and after a while, oil started flowing from the source tank. How far before the oil reached the end of the line? Addictive and exciting, as far as I can remember, but I haven't been able to find the game, ever again. I would love to hear from someone that can recognize this.

NijntjeRocks

I used to play the first Doom (and ofcourse Wolf3D ;) ) at my brothers PC (he had an adlib soundcard at the time, how cool :P)

PH

Quote from: NijntjeRocks on Tue, 2005-11-08, 16:42:41
I used to play the first Doom (and ofcourse Wolf3D ;) ) at my brothers PC (he had an adlib soundcard at the time, how cool :P)

But you also had an MSX? What games did you play on your MSX then?
I found the MSXgames far more interesting than the PC games back then.

creme anglais

With my first 'puter, came my first game..................
imagine my excitement firing up "Trap-Door, the game" on my zx spectrum....................... ::)

:D :D :DCAxxx

Herben

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2005-11-07, 19:53:56
You were probably confused with a Commodore.
I never enjoyed Tetris and PacMan eiter... (well, sometimes a PacMan game can be funny), but I really liked the Soccer game we had on the MSX and graphically it was GREAT for that time.
I remember the soccer game we did by a friends birthday when I was about 10 years old in 1985, I tried once when I came at the goal of my opponent the ball went the wrong direction, but I never learned to play it properly, I think it was better then Davilex so it's 1-0 for You. The other games I don't know off. But Yes we compared MSX with the 386 & 486 computers then it's MSniks but it's a bit unfair. You can't compare 386 with Pentium 4 as well.
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2005-11-07, 07:17:35
@Keyboardistmatt:
You're on 3rd place... :D

Thanx, but I think I should be lower! ;)

NijntjeRocks

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2005-11-08, 16:45:14
But you also had an MSX? What games did you play on your MSX then?
I found the MSXgames far more interesting than the PC games back then.
Well, I actually dunno exactly since I confuse some games with the Commodore (just as herben) I remember Eggland, and Roadfighter and Metal Gear, and on the Commodore some stupid soccergame (still dont like soccergames, smells like a frustration :P).
Besides that we had some game where you had to pick up and empty garbage-bins (resulted most of the time in running after the garbage-truck ;D) and a game with a crossbike jumpin' over some hills, quiet dull imho.

/edit: Oh, my other brother had an Amiga, we used to play Larry, quiet exciting for me at that age :P

NijntjeRocks

Quote from: creme anglais on Tue, 2005-11-08, 17:13:14
With my first 'puter, came my first game..................
imagine my excitement firing up "Trap-Door, the game" on my zx spectrum....................... ::)
cewl, a friend of mine used t o have one, thats where I first saw someone 'programming' something he called a game :D

Appelmoes??

Quote from: NijntjeRocks on Tue, 2005-11-08, 19:41:36
/edit: Oh, my other brother had an Amiga, we used to play Larry, quiet exciting for me at that age :P
:o

;D
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace