News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Bands you hate

Started by Lordi_monsterman, Fri, 2005-09-16, 17:44:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Lordi_monsterman

Ok here are the rules. You gotta give everyone a band you hate and you have to tell us why in 150 words exactly.  ;D

I bet you can't do it ;D ;D ;D

Peter

Pretty dam negative type of topic, if you ask me. You started the topic, your turn to start the rally.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

creme anglais

bands we hate huh???
prog bands, or any bands?
150  words maximum, or less???

I need to know, cos if I start a rant, it might go over the 150...........

CAx

Proglady

Quote from: creme anglais on Fri, 2005-09-16, 19:25:03
bands we hate huh???
prog bands, or any bands?
150  words maximum, or less???

I need to know, cos if I start a rant, it might go over the 150...........

CAx

Hm, I thought exactly means not more than 150 words and not less than 150 words  ::)

Higgins III

Its damn near impossible to talk about bands you hate in 150 words exactly. Infact it would be a waste of time. I think the person who started this thread *coughs* Lordi_monsterman *coughs* should atleast try to give it a go himself to get the rest of us motivated. In the words of the owner of this thread...

...bet you can't do it ;D
...wot does the rest of the alphabet equal?

keyboardistmatt

...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Higgins III

Ok. Cool. But not 150 words exactly. But i still think the owner of the thread should give it a go first.  ;D go ahead lordi_monsterman ;D Show us all if it is so easy as you say it is

Lordi_monsterman

well i don't like d12 cos to me they're music makes no sense and the band should not exist because it's just eminem trying to get more money then he has already got just to give himself more publicity. d12 to me think about themselves more then their fans because it's mostly young people who listen to that, so to use the language that they use it's just crap. If you are going to make a band and you want listeners from all over the place including young people then make 2 albums like dr dre, because at least then you have a censored version for the little ones, which then means you will have an uncensored version for the more mature teenagers who enjoy the music, especially if their parents don't care about the language. I won't go over the top because someone might hit me hard.

Higgins III

Ok. I stand correced. It is possible and with that i will with draw my critisisms (Don't know weather i spelt that right because im too tired)

Deenfan

To the two last posters: You have both funny misspellings in your avatar texts...

And I hate at least 150 bands that doesn't have keyboards, or use them incorrectly. Was that intolerant enough? ;D

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Deenfan on Mon, 2005-09-19, 01:30:18
And I hate at least 150 bands that doesn't have keyboards, or use them incorrectly. Was that intolerant enough? ;D

I have a strong dislike to groups who massacre "The Logical Song", and "Cold As Ice"... >:(

Moonloop

Scissor Sisters. Grr  >:(

The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

Higgins III

Quote from: Deenfan on Mon, 2005-09-19, 01:30:18
To the two last posters: You have both funny misspellings in your avatar texts..

That would be because we both know eachother. We have both known eachother for a good 5 years now and its because we are the younger generation who are now inclined to talk in short hand modern bull shit. Its crap. I prefer speaking so everyone can understand me. Otherwise there is no point in telling anoyone anything at all

But yes im glad you notice i will be correcting it..................when i can be bothered

Deenfan

Moonloop

Quote from: Higgins III on Mon, 2005-09-19, 23:46:30
........when i can be bothered

Ah....indeed a true sign of the younger generation  ;D  :D

(I remember when I had time not to be able to be bothered with things. Erm, well, you know what I mean......)
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

Xanxtuary

OK, this is not a specific band I hate but more a sort of genre.  I call it "shopping list music" or "wallpaper music".  I don't suppose I am the first to coin those terms, but I do like to make good use of them.  This type of music is barely worthy of the name because it is so unappealing and uninteresting that it has all the charm of a dog-eared shopping list that has been at the bottom of my handbag for the past six centuries or the attention-grabbing qualities of peeling, faded wallpaper that has been around since the stuff was invented ... the wallpaper that is, not the music.  This type of music is often performed by "boy-blands" or plastic Barbie-doll types and its main purpose is to generate revenue for recording companies/producers/managers rather than sound even remotely interesting. Thus I rest my case.

I think that's 150 words ... but mathematics has never been my strong point!  ???
Progpriestess Xanxtuary Hogweed

Deenfan

It's the mix of math and english that makes it so hard... ;)

Constable Hogweed

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii I hate Oasis
( And before anyone starts I is a word - oh well thats  one hundred and fifty eight now. no make that one hundred and sixty seven.....hang about make that......Oh feck this for a game of soldiers  ;D

keyboardistmatt

Welcome back Hogweed, been a while...!? :)

Deenfan

Anyone hating Oasis is welcome, really...

Appelmoes??

I first couldn't think of a band I hate, but Oasis is a good candidate come to think of it.

" 'Cos maybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh"

Aaaaargh!!! >:(
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Constable Hogweed

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Wed, 2005-09-21, 23:48:20
Welcome back Hogweed, been a while...!? :)

I do sneak around here regularly, just don't always post Matt.  :)

Vanderwoude

I hate slipknot (who doesn't)

Their lyrics are really violent, dangerous for society. And they tell horifiing things in interviews. It's a pity that that kind of bands still excists
''I'm a million times removed, from the socially closed world.''
I can imagine, that wouldn't be too nice.

Appelmoes??

It's just their sick way of getting attention. Don't give them that and bands like that slowly fade away. Look at Marilyn Manson, You never hear from him again nowadays. I think they are using the decay in modern society to get better of it  instead of trying to stop it with their musical gifts. really a shame.
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Vanderwoude

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Wed, 2005-10-05, 16:26:21
It's just their sick way of getting attention. Don't give them that and bands like that slowly fade away. Look at Marilyn Manson, You never hear from him again nowadays. I think they are using the decay in modern society to get better of it  instead of trying to stop it with their musical gifts. really a shame.

Yes you're right. It's a shame that 'we' give them that attention. Society could benefit from people who talk about love and peace, and in the past it was like that sometimes. But nowadays, people seem to prefer the 'bad behaviour.' >:(
''I'm a million times removed, from the socially closed world.''
I can imagine, that wouldn't be too nice.