News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Amorphis

Started by funkster, Mon, 2010-09-06, 14:47:42

Previous topic - Next topic

funkster

After some recommendations on the room i have been listening to the last 3 studio albums by this Finnish band and i have been most impressed.

Are the albums prior to Eclipse more of the same or a bit more detah metal influenced ?

And after Amorphis , what similar bands should i try ?

Nicky007

Priest, of course  :P

But definitely, Funkster. We share so much music now, so I think you'l enjoy my fave group too  ;)

I know that you like Nostra, and further there are the albums I'v listed in my order of preference in my prog pantheon.

Then there are Anubis Gate, who I'v also been ravin about. The Detached and Andromeda Unchained are awesome.

I don't know how much you'r into Porcupine Tree. I have all their studio albums, and I can recommend all'o'm.

And Arcturus of course. Real heavy and wild, but also melodic. And Scar Symmetry. You'l dig both groups for sure.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

funkster

You and Priest Nicky  ;)

Back in the day i was a fan of Unleashed in the east , killing machine and British steel plus painkiller and i know i must listen to Nostradamus more  :-[

Back to Amorphis ... Are the earlier albums worth listening to ?