News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Tears

Started by bellanova, Sun, 2006-03-05, 17:20:27

Previous topic - Next topic

bellanova

Does anyone else get reduced to tears by an Arena song? I was listening to Solomon yesterday and was in floods of tears by the end. It was the bit "Take the child-its yours! was the only thing she could have said" Its such an amazing song musically and lyrically (but arent they all). Thanks Clive for your lyrics. They are awesome!! And thanks for evoking such emotions!! lol

PH

I don't cry or something, most of the time. (Except at some Neal Morse songs). But yes, they make me emotional indeed. Some make me sad like most of the beautiful Songs and Pride (The Cry) instrumentals. And some make me have an evil smile on my face too. LOL. Like Contagion songs.

The best lyric part is "Are they so pure, that they should judge me every day? Am I so low in estimation that none will hear a word I say?" The feeling of helplessness.. pure genius!

Music must be emotional, or else it doesn't grab me by the throat. (That's why I don't really like most other music like Rap and Trance shit.)

Arena's music makes me emotional, that's a good thing. It can make you depressed though, but not me. When I feel depressed I'll play the uplifting Enemy Without and I'm all good again. ;D

Yeah thanks Clive for this beautiful work you do! Keep it up! Make me feel down! ;)

Peter

Well, Cutting the Cards gets me close to tears most of the time, for no special cause. It's the kind of song I'd listen to while driving with the bike through driving rain after an uneasy ending of a realtionship.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Appelmoes??

Quite a couple of Arena song can move me deeply (The Hanging Tree is a good example), but no tears for me.
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

JJ II

Mea Culpa... "but I can't help you".....

Cyborg-Frask

Mea Culpa for me.

but when a song makes me emotional i start to listen to fallen idols... really calm. i get happy from that  :)

but Ayreon - Childhood also grabs me by the throat (nice way of putting it  :D)

stranger_x

:'( Speaking of tears...

I am always touched to tears by "Mea Culpa" and by "Friday's Dream". If I am allowed to say so, I am always moved to tears by Pendragon's songs called "Edge of The World" and "End Of The World"... Actually, music is always touching me to tears. Beethoven once said that music can strike fire from the heart. I can not agree more. Speaking of other songs/bands that grab me by the throat, as it was nicely put in a message above, I would name:

Ayreon - Childhood  (you're not the only one!)
Pain of Salvation - Undertow
Anathema - One Last Goodbye
Saviour Machine - Child In Silence
The Rasmus - Funeral Song (don't kill me for that, it always makes me cry!)

Your loving friend Denis.  :'(