News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Now Playing Thread

Started by Peter, Fri, 2005-01-14, 14:53:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Appelmoes??

I've been listening an awful lot of Arena since I registered. I hadn't listened to arena for about a week, so I guess is was time again ;D

Breakfast in biarritz - Moviedrome

(Don't worry, I do listen to other music)
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Draddi

Iced Earth - Alive in Athens - "Watching Over me".....not at all prog, but it sure rocks like crazy  :D

kmorse

Pepper's Ghost. Finally got it today. It took a little while longer here in the U.S.

Any other Amuhrricans on this board?
I'm falling.....Falling down again!

Moonloop

Currently working my way through some of the Quo remasters - the usual stuff, bonus tracks, new booklet/sleevenotes etc, etc  ;D
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

Appelmoes??

Threshold - Critical Energy

A very good live-album recorded at De Boerderij in the Netherlands. Last year a was there to withness a performance of Threshold from the Subsurface tour. It was GREAT! Arjen Lucassen was there to :o , and (support act) Dead Soul Tribe. Boy are they loud :-\ , but what a voice does Eric Clayton have. (He's on Ayreon The Human Equation to)

How come most of my post end up with me Talking 'bout Ayreon ???

My drawings on MySpace

Peter

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Sun, 2005-02-13, 23:33:43
How come most of my post end up with me Talking 'bout Ayreon ???
Cos maybe Ayreon is just sooooo goood?

np>> Ayreon - Into The Electric Castle CD1 (1998) Tr. 2: Isis And Osiris (11:11)

*nod* nod*
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Appelmoes??

Blind Guardian - Nightfall on Middle-Earth

An amazing piece of songwriting. Capturing the essence of a book like The Silmarillion in (good!!) music is imho just as good as making a movie(trilogy) of LotR. Maglor lives!!

My drawings on MySpace

Moonloop

Nightwish - Century Child.

Arrived yesterday. First impressions..?? Some seriously heavy riffing, very intense sounding and great female vocals. Needs a few more spins before the songs and melodys start to become familiar.

This is the first album of theirs I've bought and on the strength of the first listen I may just be getting a few more  ;D

POM

In my office, I can't choose... It's the radio playing  :( But I've a quite good radio (Classic 21, for eventual belgian fan's reading this!  ;)).  If I could, I would just now listen to "Loser", song from Ayeron's Human Equation...it would calm me down  ;D

I've got to wait my journey back home, and 'til then I'll probably  change my mind ...

Appelmoes??

Quote from: POM on Tue, 2005-02-15, 14:22:08If I could, I would just now listen to "Loser", song from Ayeron's Human Equation...it would calm me down  ;D
Loser...

Now playing Golden Earring - Moontan

My drawings on MySpace

Deenfan

Quote from: POM on Tue, 2005-02-15, 14:22:08
If I could, I would just now listen to "Loser", song from Ayeron's Human Equation...it would calm me down  ;D

A fantastic song, that one, and a chance to hear the beautiful voice of Mike Baker from Shadow Gallery. Now, THERE's a SINGER!

I play Shy - Excess all areas (remaster w/3 xtra tracks). -There's another SINGER!! Tony Mills just rules...

Moonloop

Wow...I saw Shy on the "Excess" tour at Manchester. (White Sister supported). Should have been a massively successful band but never made it out of the clubs. Got a Jap version of the CD with the (presumably same) 3 bonus tracks. Glad someone else likes them..!!

Peter

np >> Ayreon - [Universal Migrator Part II, Fl #04] To The Quasar [8:42]

again..... *nod* *nod*
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Appelmoes??

Queen - GH 2 - Show Must Go On

(Queen is timeless, it will always rock 8) )

My drawings on MySpace

Mark Jan

Do you play anything else than Ayreon, Peter?  :D :D :D

It's always Ayreon the last time, isn't it?  ;D

A lot of albums of Ayreon passed, but what do you think of The final Experiment. It's my favorite Ayreon album.

Quote from: Peter on Wed, 2005-02-16, 16:56:43
np >> Ayreon - [Universal Migrator Part II, Fl #04] To The Quasar [8:42]

again..... *nod* *nod*

Appelmoes??

Mine to, I think it's one of the most diverse albums, but still the songs aren't to different.

NP: Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven

My drawings on MySpace

Mark Jan

You're right Appelmoes!  :D A lot of variation on The Final Experiment, different songs, but it's still a conceptalbum. I like the story. The old, and well known legend of Merlin combined with hightech time travelling/time telepathy things. Very interesting.

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Wed, 2005-02-16, 20:00:25
Mine to, I think it's one of the most diverse albums, but still the songs aren't to different.

Constable Hogweed

"One of these days i'll get an early night"  great jazzier rock stuff by "Camel"

Xanxtuary

Quote from: Constable Hogweed on Fri, 2005-02-18, 02:16:44
"One of these days i'll get an early night"  great jazzier rock stuff by "Camel"

He never does you know!  That song is his signature tune!!

As for me, I'm reliving my past, getting into a bit of Siouxie and the Banshees, listening to their early albums Kaleidoscope and JuJu.
Progpriestess Xanxtuary Hogweed

Appelmoes??

Within Temptation - The Silent Force (- See who I am)

My drawings on MySpace

Deenfan

Appelmoes??

The sweet silence of 4:39 am :)

My drawings on MySpace

Xanxtuary

Transatlantic Live in Europe

More Siouxsie and the Banshees
Progpriestess Xanxtuary Hogweed

Appelmoes??

Symphony X - The Divine Wings of Tragedy

My drawings on MySpace

Deenfan

Shy - Sunset and vine (Again! It's great stuff!!)