News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

In answer to Nicky's Questions Re - Stranglers, Credo, Magazine, Rhapsody.

Started by johninblack, Wed, 2007-05-23, 13:59:59

Previous topic - Next topic

johninblack

OK then lets go back a few years.......Firstly

The Stranglers

Punk Rock band, big in the 70's and Early 80's Still going and making magnificent music.

Magazine

Magazine........Without magazine the whole 80's pop culture and New Romantic scene would have been vastly, vastly different!

Credo

You like Arena else you wouldn't be here, chances are you will also like Credo. As far as I'm concerned these guys are amoungst the best both as people and musicians.

Rhapsody

Italian 'Film Score Metal' band. Unique and magnificent!

Click on the band name and get an awfull lot more info.

Nicky007

Quote from: johninblack on Wed, 2007-05-23, 13:59:59

Credo

You like Arena else you wouldn't be here, chances are you will also like Credo. As far as I'm concerned these guys are amoungst the best both as people and musicians.

OK, I can see that I'll have to get Rhetoric very soon. Actually, Too Late reminds me more of Fishy Marillion than Arena, maybe something for the skipper.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

johninblack

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2007-05-23, 14:57:16
OK, I can see that I'll have to get Rhetoric very soon. Actually, Too Late reminds me more of Fishy Marillion than Arena, maybe something for the skipper.

Nicky.

They get a lot of that, also another Fish connection, Fish's song entitled Credo AND Marks voice has been compared to Fish AND A long while ago Fish allegedly approached members of Credo to join his band, at a gig a while later somone started shouting 'Fish has nicked your band' To whick Mark quipped 'At least he thinks they are worth nicking unlike your band'
So lots of Fishy connections

Sorry Nicky forgot Pilgrym Ooops!

PH

Credo... yes I remember hearing some songs...

The song "The Game" of Rhetoric was VERY Arena like.

maddox

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Nicky007

So you were at the Summer's End Festival, John. Just like that?

I saw that i.a. Pain Of Salvation and Threshold were programmed to play there. Did you see them?

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

johninblack

Quote from: Nicky007 on Tue, 2007-09-18, 13:10:55
So you were at the Summer's End Festival, John. Just like that?

I saw that i.a. Pain Of Salvation and Threshold were programmed to play there. Did you see them?

Nicky.

Oh yes, and they were both brilliant!

Pics Here.

Peter

Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Nicky007

Yeah, I was wondering bout that, Cap. Guess I have to get John some pints before he regards me as his friend  ;D

Not for captains, they drink straight whisky  :D

Blueys drink strawberry liqueur with three spoonfuls sugar on top  ;)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

Quote from: Peter on Wed, 2007-09-19, 09:47:20
That link doesn't work for people who are not you, prolly, cos it includes a "friend ID"...

Er.... it worked fine for me just a minute ago... and I'm obviously not John!  ???

johninblack

Quote from: bluepony on Wed, 2007-09-19, 10:52:30
Er.... it worked fine for me just a minute ago... and I'm obviously not John!  ???

I think it only works for people with MySpace accounts perhaps?

bluepony

bluepony

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2007-09-19, 10:01:02
Blueys drink strawberry liqueur with three spoonfuls sugar on top  ;)
Yuck. That's disgusting!  :o