News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Ridiculous detail

Started by Gollum, Tue, 2005-02-01, 13:33:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Gollum

I don't where to post this... could be here, could be Off Topic, could be Metaphysical :P

The thing is that I was listening to U2's new album. When I got to track 5 "City of blindind lights", I suddenly heard a melody that I recognized... After a few seconds I said "Pendragon!". Then I played the song again, and after listening to it 2 or 3 more times I said "Queen of hearts!"  :o and went to play it.
So, what I'm saying is: they use the same melody that's in the keyboard bridge right before "The Last Waltz", I swear! OK, it's a 3-4 second bridge... and it's quite a simple melody... 4 or 5 notes...  ::) But, for some reason, I immediately recognized it...
Yeah, I'm crazy, I know...  :P But check it out if you have the chance!  :D
La vergüenza de haber sido y el dolor de ya no ser

Moonloop

Well, I've got both albums so I'll check it out tonite.

Try posting that on a U2 forum and see what reaction you get  ;)
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

Peter

Are you inclined to make short mp3 snapshots of those passages and put them on a website?
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Gollum

Hehe, I told this to a U2 fan, but fortunately I managed to base my defense on insanity :P Anyway, it's not an accusation or anything like that, just coincidence.
I can upload the snapshots, but it doesn't seem to be allowed here... i f it is, I will. If it's not... tell me where and I'll upload it.
Can't believe I draw some attention to this, next time I'll come up with a big set up scandal  ;D 8)
La vergüenza de haber sido y el dolor de ya no ser

creme anglais

Try posting this on a U2 forum???....... try posting it on the Pendragon forum!!! :P   (I bought the album b4 Chrimbo and thought the same thing......... glad I'm not the only insaniac ;D)

Oliver Twist

Don't think anything will come of this.

But, imagine if it had been the other way round. Nick'd be getting a right hammering now.

But let's face it there are countless tracks have bits that 'sound like' something else

Anyway, who's got their tickets for the Aylesbury gig?

Ian

web.mac.com/ianmoff  - iChat/AIM: ianmoff
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do your ears a favour - www.radioparadise.com

Moonloop

Well Gollum, you're absolutely right  ;D . Nice one, I'd never have spotted that..!!

Do know of a couple of others though...

The intros to Iron Maiden's "Invaders" and the Dogs D'Amour's "Medicine Man" are identical, as are the intros to Marillion's "Cinderella Search" and Genesis "Me & Virgil" (I think it's that one anyway, it's one of the ones off the Paperlate EP).

;D

Simtere

Not wanting to get anyone in trouble here but while we are talking similarities, try checking out Pendragons "Last Man on Earth", on "Window of Life", the bit where Nick sings "But I'm never gonna lose your precious heart.....", and then compare it to the Moody Blues song "New Horizons" which features the line "But I'm never going to lose your precious gift....".

Exactly the same tune and virtually the same lyrics!

Despite being a Moodys fan, I still prefer pendragon! :) 

gelert

Which famous person / musician / DJ actually said "One day, we'll run out of tunes"...?
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Moonloop

Quote from: gelert on Tue, 2005-02-08, 19:42:26
Which famous person / musician / DJ actually said "One day, we'll run out of tunes"...?

Wasn't someone from Status Quo was it..???  ;) ;D

(Sorry, but I've just been playing the remasters and, well, much as I love em, they're a great band to have a friendly dig at  :D )