News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Sylvan - Presets

Started by The Butterfly Man, Mon, 2007-01-08, 14:38:42

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butterfly Man

Sylvan will release their new album 'Presets' on February 19. You can pre-order it directly from their shop on http://www.sylvan.de/shop. Previews are available as well:

http://www.sylvan.de/home/presets_medley.mp3

There's even a full track on their MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/sylvanhome

Here's hoping it'll be as good (or perhaps even better?) as Posthumous Silence!

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Teunis

What I heard, sounded good as always  8). I will certainly buy it.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

maddox

Quote from: Teunis on Mon, 2007-01-08, 17:52:24
What I heard, sounded good as always  8). I will certainly buy it.

As will i.  8)

Probably will order it through their own shop since the price will be reduced a bit.
It sounds really promising.  *horns*
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Teunis

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2007-01-08, 20:32:54
Probably will order it through their own shop since the price will be reduced a bit.
Yes and that's not the only advantage. It will be shipped three weeks before the release date, if you order before January 25th  8)
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

The Butterfly Man

Has anybody got it already? It was in the mail today, so I'm  gonna listen to it now!  *horns*

Tom

maddox

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Wed, 2007-01-24, 18:04:21
Has anybody got it already? It was in the mail today, so I'm  gonna listen to it now!  *horns*

Tom

:'( And another lucky b*****. (no offence ;))

No, i still haven't. Wonder why. Heard that it's pretty good.  :-\

maddox

Well, received it yesterday. Finally. Good album. The only albums i can compare it with are PS and AP (posthumous silence & artificial paradise) but since i hate comparing...i won't.
The opening track One Step Beyond, When The Leaves Fall Down and closing track Presets are my favourites for now. Some tracks are prog/sympho but overall it's, yes i know it's not the right word, is a bit mainstream.
A good follow up to Posthumous Silence.  *horns*

Funny though. The last two albums i received are Pain Of Salvation's Scarsick and this one and both of them are indexed as Side A and Side B. Cool.  8)

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: maddox on Tue, 2007-01-30, 10:48:29
Funny though. The last two albums i received are Pain Of Salvation's Scarsick and this one and both of them are indexed as Side A and Side B. Cool.  8)

Haha I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday! But I'm glad you finally received your copy! We're getting treated to some good music lately, aren't we? ;)

maddox

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Tue, 2007-01-30, 11:23:55
We're getting treated to some good music lately, aren't we? ;)

Indeed we are.  *horns*

It's a good start of the year.  8)

Silhouette

This thread deserves a little bump, and this album deserves some more discussion!

I got my copy mid-February, and I really fell in love with it instantly.
The mentioned "mainstream"-sound is probably because the band intentionally used some more simple song structures and stuff on this one.
Quite a contrast to Posthumous silence, but that only makes it more interesting, both albums are fantastic in different ways.
Highly recommended!

Silhouette
"Unauthorized duplication, while sometimes necessary, is never as good as the real thing."
- Diablo Swing Orchestra

Peter

Absoutely. Sylvan are totally underrated and I don't understand why they are still mostly being handled as a sort of insider's tip...
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

maddox

Quote from: Peter on Sun, 2007-04-01, 10:05:57
Absoutely. Sylvan are totally underrated and I don't understand why they are still mostly being handled as a sort of insider's tip...

You're right about that Peter. Sylvan is a very creative band and should be heard by a much larger crowd.  :)