News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Tinyfish

Started by funkster, Sun, 2006-12-10, 15:18:41

Previous topic - Next topic

funkster

Following the sad demise of Frost may i point you in the direction of Tinyfish who i am sure will appeal to you.

http://www.myspace.com/tinyfishmusic

johninblack

Quote from: funkster on Sun, 2006-12-10, 15:18:41
Following the sad demise of Frost

No demise...they WILL be back.

johninblack

Oh yes...Tinyfish, they sound really good and i'll be getting the album. I'm sure any similarity to frost* has everything to do with Jem's brother being a member of Tinyfish!

CompanyCroydon

My name is in the album sleeve, Fame at last. ;D

PH

Holy macaroni!
That Simon-guy really looks like Jem! But with a beard!

And the music sounds OK too.
But overall I love keyboard wizardy over guitar wizardy.
Of course I wouldn't know what Tinyfish sounds like but I am listening to some samples on their myspace site now.

Peter

yeah, Hakuna Matata :D
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

funkster

Quote from: CompanyCroydon on Tue, 2006-12-12, 15:01:55
My name is in the album sleeve, Fame at last. ;D

Stop showing off Mick  ;D Estemeed company with Craig and Brian then

CompanyCroydon

Supporting Palace,I don't have a lot to show off about ;D

tinyfish

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2006-12-12, 15:08:55
Holy macaroni!
That Simon-guy really looks like Jem! But with a beard!

And the music sounds OK too.
But overall I love keyboard wizardy over guitar wizardy.
Of course I wouldn't know what Tinyfish sounds like but I am listening to some samples on their myspace site now.

Hey it took me months to grow that beard! ;)

The World's Smallest Prog Band

maddox

Quote from: tinyfish on Fri, 2006-12-15, 22:41:06

Well well, look who we've got here.. :D

Be welcome, tinyfish.  ;)
Great to see you here. Heard the tunes from your myspace and i kinda like it.  8)

btw> you couldn't possibly be the brother of Jem Godfrey, are you?
Since you kind of look just like him.  ;)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

intruder

Nice tunes Tinyfish just been on your website listening to the samples from your album, certainly convinced me, and I will be making a purchase of your debut album. And welcome to the shattered room.

PH

Quote from: tinyfish on Fri, 2006-12-15, 22:41:06

No bad feelings intended, fellow-beard-man. I had a beard for a while, it took me months to get rid of it.

I really like beards. But it's not the beard, but the music that makes the man!
I made myself sound stupid just now, didn't I?

tinyfish

Thanks for the kind words guys and we're very happy to be part of the Shattered Room crowd. We were reading through the CD sleeve 'graphic novel' on Pepper's Ghost just this weekend and remarked upon how original an idea it was and how it also made the songs a different listening experience as a result. It was inspired.

In answer to your question, yes I am Jem's Brother but no matter how much we try to look different from one another (he has blonde hair at the moment), everybody still says 'Hey, aren't you...?'. I got mistaken for Jem on a number of occasions at the recent Summers End Festival so I guess we'll both just have to live with it.  :)

Hey PH, you could grow your beard back and see if you can get into prog shows posing as me. It's worth a try!  ;D

tinyfish

Quote from: intruder on Sat, 2006-12-16, 19:33:40
Nice tunes Tinyfish just been on your website listening to the samples from your album, certainly convinced me, and I will be making a purchase of your debut album. And welcome to the shattered room.

Thanks matey. All donations happily received and we promise not to spend it all on beer and hookers.

PH

Quote from: tinyfish on Tue, 2006-12-19, 17:54:22Hey PH, you could grow your beard back and see if you can get into prog shows posing as me. It's worth a try!  ;D

Deal!

Yeah, you really look like Jem (sorry). Who's the oldest?
By the way, you seem like a nice person, I'll buy your album as soon as I get to.

About the beard, my girlfriend is the only one who stands in my way at the moment. She likes the shaven skin.
But in this time of the year?!?!?! Brrrrrr.... I want it back before the real frost comes in.

funkster

Quote from: tinyfish on Tue, 2006-12-19, 18:01:22
Thanks matey. All donations happily received and we promise not to spend it all on beer and hookers.

Well in that case i want my money back  ;)

Still loving the album and to anyone who has not purchased it yet - treat yourself for Christmas you will not regret it

tinyfish

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2006-12-19, 21:02:08
Deal!

Yeah, you really look like Jem (sorry). Who's the oldest?
By the way, you seem like a nice person, I'll buy your album as soon as I get to.

About the beard, my girlfriend is the only one who stands in my way at the moment. She likes the shaven skin.
But in this time of the year?!?!?! Brrrrrr.... I want it back before the real frost comes in.

Don't worry mate, there isn't much we can do about it (try as we might). I'm the oldest bro by the way.
As for being a nice person, well I'm not better or worse that the next guy (or girl) but cheers for thinking about buying our album.

My wife hated the beard for the first three months but now won't let me shave it off! Am I confused? Certainly.  ;)

maddox

Quote from: tinyfish on Wed, 2006-12-20, 12:32:03

My wife hated the beard for the first three months but now won't let me shave it off! Am I confused? Certainly.  ;)

:D I'm sure that can change too. My wife loved my moustache, yep i had one in the past  ;) but now she hates it when i forgot to shave.

Just some background information.  ;)

PH

Quote from: maddox on Thu, 2006-12-21, 16:42:55
:D I'm sure that can change too. My wife loved my moustache, yep i had one in the past  ;) but now she hates it when i forgot to shave.

Just some background information.  ;)

I'm filled with awe! :o :o :o
Thanks for the info man! ;D

Just out of curiosity, how big was your moustache? Or is that a rude question that should not be asked to someone...?
Anyway, size doesn't matter, as we all know.
For some strange reason I can picture you with a moustache, even without having seen you with or without a moustache. It's just the name and the fact that you mentioned Mr. Tobacco somewhere...

Yes, I can see it now!

maddox

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2006-12-21, 22:45:27
I'm filled with awe! :o :o :o
Thanks for the info man! ;D

;D

You're welcome.  ;)

QuoteJust out of curiosity, how big was your moustache? Or is that a rude question that should not be asked to someone...?

Just the average kind.  ;)

QuoteAnyway, size doesn't matter, as we all know.

:o From moustache to size in just a few seconds? How do you do that?

;)

QuoteFor some strange reason I can picture you with a moustache, even without having seen you with or without a moustache. It's just the name and the fact that you mentioned Mr. Tobacco somewhere...

I think you mean Mr. Tabasco. Or Senor Velasco for that matter.  ;)
I'm just happy that you can't controll my web cam.  :P

QuoteYes, I can see it now!

No that's not me. That's my neighbour.  :D

;)

jeffMc

So I just got this in the postal mail. Great album. Loaded on the iPod and in the playlist rotation for the office!

tinyfish

We we can't ask for more than that.  :) Cheers for buying the album matey.

Wishing you all here in the Shattered Room a fantastic 2007.

Simon.

funkster

Quote from: tinyfish on Wed, 2007-01-03, 00:04:51
We we can't ask for more than that.  :) Cheers for buying the album matey.

Wishing you all here in the Shattered Room a fantastic 2007.

Simon.

Right back at ya Simon

It is a fantastic album and i hope we get to see some lives dates this year.

Hope all the guys in Tinyfish have a superb 2007 as it will be well deserved.

Sawtooth

It looks like talent runs in the Godfrey genes!
Brilliant stuff!

johninblack

Quote from: Sawtooth on Fri, 2007-01-05, 01:04:27
It looks like talent runs in the Godfrey genes!
Brilliant stuff!

Hello! I know you, don't I??? Nice to see you here. Both Frost* and Tinyfish are rather good.
Sue says hi.