News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Kamelot

Started by Herben, Tue, 2006-11-14, 19:03:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Herben

At first I listened to a song named Center of the Universe whish is a great track of Kamelot, I 've now bought the album named the Fourth Legacy which is a very nice albums, I think their music is also symphonic rock with a little metal so now and then. I think if You like Arena / Ayreon You'll like Kamelot as well. Maybe it's best to describe as a mixture between Blackmore's Night and Threshold, What do other people think of it?
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land

johninblack

Love 'em. Well worth listening to.

maddox

Like Kamelot a lot. Only have three albums right now but its just a matter of time before the others will find its way to me.  8)

I think Roy Khan is an amazing singer and the guitars are also great. Quite bombastic but nevertheless progressive.  *horns*
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Teunis

I have the album 'The Black Halo' and indeed, it's a nice listening  *horns*.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Peter

Will have to listen to Black Halo at my friend's, but I remember I wasn't overly fond of the other albums. Basically cos I can't listen to PowerMetal stuff longer than a few minutes...  :-\
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

PH

Gengis Khan?

I've listened to Black Halo (just like Peter and Teunis) and (just like Peter) I liked it, but wasn't really "touched" by it.
The voice is rather good actually, but I didn't like those growls and grunts. To bombastic? Maybe. But Power Metal isn't my cup of tea.

Deenfan

I think they're very good, and that they easily could have been better. Lose 80% of the double bass drum beats that go backwards at a hundred mph. Dead easy. And the albums would be much more enjoyable, and especially more varied. I don't want to come across as negative. It's just the one thing I think is the drawback. And I feel it, 'cause the rest of the material - and often the speed metal songs themselves - can be described as brilliant.

Appelmoes??

I love the dudes voice also! Amazing! I like the duet with Epica's Simone Simons.
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Peter

Hio, I listened to some of the songs on 'Black Halo' (already, yes), and it's much more enjoyable than the older stuff... veery nice...
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

mdread666

I have all the Kamelot releases and they are indead a great band *horns*

Best album is Karma - with the Elizabeth suite being (in my opinion) their best track (well 3 tracks actually!)

In fact I will have to put that on now (was listening to Callenish Circle but they've just finished)
mdread666

...for it is a human number,
It's number is six hundred and sixty six.

funkster

Been listening to The black halo and gutted i have not listened to them before  :-[

Making up for it now  ;)

Nicky007

8)  Funky boy.

You'r moving fast these days - and in the right direction(s) I may add  ;)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

maddox

My advice, and someone is going to lyrically kill me for that, forget Ghost Opera and really listen to Poetry for the Poisoned.

Marvellous album.

Sure, together with Epica Black Halo is there best but Poetry comes close. Very close.  *horns*

Nicky007

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2010-11-03, 16:25:59
...get Ghost Opera

*horns*

Not kill but skill  ;)

One of the many things that'r great about Kamelot (as with Nevermore) is that even their early albums are excellent. Skip the first, Eternity, but already the second, Dominion, is a fulfilling album. And everything from then on is  *horns*

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

funkster

Been listening to Ghost opera and that is excellent as well

Kamelot and Nevermore - 2 bands that ring my progmetal bell loudly  ;)

maddox

Regarding Roy Kahn's departure from Kamelot, you can read about it over here.

So, health issues it is.

Sad though.
Didn't really liked Ghost Opera but Poetry was spot on again.  :(

Nicky007

Quote from: maddox on Sat, 2011-04-23, 21:55:49
Regarding Roy Kahn's departure from Kamelot, you can read about it over

Real nice message from Roy  8)

Roy, we love your singing. You contributed to making Kamelot one of the most exciting rock groups on this planet  *horns*

Didn't really like Ghost Opera

Wrong !!!

Here, Mad, read this:

Quote from: funkster on Tue, 2010-11-09, 09:43:42
Been listening to Ghost opera and that is excellent as well

;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

funkster

Best of luck for whatever you do in the future Roy and fingers crossed that Kamelot go from strength to strength.

Ghost Opera is a fab album and woe betide anyone who says otherwise  ;)   

maddox