News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Stream of Passion

Started by Appelmoes??, Sun, 2005-10-23, 11:48:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Appelmoes??

For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Appelmoes??

Another tour is coming up peeps! Check out the site!

My drawings on MySpace

Cyborg-Frask

hmmm too bad I couldn't make to one of them,...I would have loved to see them live again....

has anyone been to one of the last few gigs?

Quote... and it was HOT!!
yeah I remember the gig in The Hague...also not really freezing... ;D

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Cyborg-Frask on Fri, 2007-02-02, 18:14:25
has anyone been to one of the last few gigs?

I went to the gig in Bibelot, Dordrecht last week. It was awesome! *horns*

Cheers, Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Cyborg-Frask

o man look at this....

Stream of Passion suffered a terrible blow on Friday afternoon when the band arrived at Calais, France to board the Ferry to England. The Mexican band members were instantly separated from the group, and each other, and were interrogated by British and French Police for four grueling hours. All because the British immigration service was convinced they were intending to take up illegal residence in England.

The immigration service asked Naomi, the band's tour manager, to provide them with evidence to the contrary, and listed the types of documents required. And though Naomi jumped through every one of their newly found hoops, and repeatedly produced whatever documentation they demanded as proof, they could not be persuaded. Even with the help from the kind promotors of the concerts in England, various Embassy officials, and immigrant agents in Britain (who told the tour manager there shouldn't have been any problem for them to enter the UK in the first place) there was no changing their minds. This eventually led to the 'deportation' of Marcela, Alejandro and Diana without any possibility for them to get to England to perform the shows.

It appears the Mexicans have fallen unfortunate victims of, as one British Immigration agent trying to help said: "the new British political flavor of the year: 'we hate all immigrants'".

Stream of Passion returned home that same day, extremely disappointed and disillusioned with the proceedings. They wish to apologize to all the British fans and to those fans who travelled from various countries all over the world, for being unable to make it to these last two shows. They deeply regret not being able to perform for you this last time, as they were also so much looking forward to meeting you all again.

well that sucks if you wanted to one of those UK gigs....It's clear that those guys from the British immigration service are not SOP fans.. ::) . Very sad story tho, I mean... they have been in the UK before....so why is this suddenly a problem?

Peter

What a stupidity, I cannot believe this. In Germany we have a rude saying, which basically means that the guy who was the supervisor for this day must have been rejected in bed the night before by his wife or the like...
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

PH

Quote from: Peter on Sun, 2007-02-04, 10:55:50
What a stupidity, I cannot believe this. In Germany we have a rude saying, which basically means that the guy who was the supervisor for this day must have been rejected in bed the night before by his wife or the like...

Yeah I know what you mean.
He doesn't have control over his wife so he tries to have control over other people.

Very sad actually.
I hope they'll be playing in the UK sometime soon, this was very embarrasing.

PH

Well... It seems SoP won't be the same again.

Quote from: Interview With ArjenWhat are your plans concerning Stream of Passion at this moment?

Because I will be fully concentrating on the new Ayreon for at least the next year, I have no more time for SoP, so I quit the band. It would be unfair to have them wait until I'm ready, especially now things are going so well for SoP.

Does this mean the end of Stream of Passion?

Fortunately not, the band will continue without me. They will write their own songs and I'm sure there's enough talent in the band to make a great new album and undertake successful tours without me pulling the strings.

For the full article: http://ayreon.com/ayreon/ay_interview_13.html

For me this means that it's not gonna be that interesting anymore, since I thought that Elfonía was nice but nothing special actually.
Maybe this is gonna be totally different ('cause Lori knows what she's doing), but for now I'm sad.

Teunis

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2007-03-05, 13:37:28
For me this means that it's not gonna be that interesting anymore, since I thought that Elfonía was nice but nothing special actually.
Maybe this is gonna be totally different ('cause Lori knows what she's doing), but for now I'm sad.
+1. I'm buying (nearly) everything Arjen makes. I will lose interest in Stream of Passion, if Arjen is leaving the band.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

maddox

Quote from: Teunis on Mon, 2007-03-05, 19:23:58
+1. I'm buying (nearly) everything Arjen makes. I will lose interest in Stream of Passion, if Arjen is leaving the band.

I'm sorry but i have to disagree with the both of you.  Arjen may be a hell of a songwriter but that doesn't mean that when he leaves SoP the band will parish in utter nothingness. I'm sure that the rest of the Streamy's have plenty skills to make another great album. And i somehow can't compare Stream Of Passion with Elfonia.  ;)

So even without Arjen, i would buy the next album too if being released.  8)

But like always...

That's my opinion.  ;D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Appelmoes??

The only thing Arjen did for SoP were:
- Send some melody lines to Marcela
- Play rythmguitar

Without Arjen they just have to think of melody lines for themselves and find another guitarplayer. And since they all are extremely talented, I think that shouldn't be a problem. I bed you won't even notive the difference. Arjen did more "behind the scene" work.

My drawings on MySpace

Peter

Have to absolutely agree with you here, maddox.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

johninblack

PH

Ok...

More news!

Lori and Alejandro have also left the band.

This means that Johan van Stratum, Davy Mickers and Marcela Bovio are the only original bandmembers.

Yup, it seems I'm right after all: SoP is as good as dead. Without Arjen we don't get the same "feeling", now Lori's gone we don't have the "howling and haunting" guitar solos. Without Alejandro the mysterious and melodic key touches are gone.

But we have a rhythm section and a voice! Yay!

:P

www.streamofpassion.com

Appelmoes??

I don't agree on the fact that SoP is "as good as dead". The remaining bandmembers are quite determined to keep the band alive. And I also don't agree on the fact Arjen was responsible for "The feeling". That was most Marcela, Alejandro and Lori's doing, because they were repsonsible for the melodies. Arjen just wrote the basics as a start.
I could have lived with Arjen leaving, since he "only" played rythmguitar, but now I'm afraid the sound will change to much. But I have confidence in the three remaining musketeers.

My drawings on MySpace

PH

Maybe I'm too pessimistic, but I would like to call it "realistic" whereas optimistic can be very naive...

johninblack

But supposing they brought in Clive Nolan on keys and John Mitchell on Guitar, OK not going to happen, but supposing musicians of that caliber were found? It could acctually improve things!
We'll never know till it happens of course but there is still room for maybe a small amount of optimism!

PH

Quote from: johninblack on Wed, 2007-03-07, 18:47:41
But supposing they brought in Clive Nolan on keys and John Mitchell on Guitar, OK not going to happen, but supposing musicians of that caliber were found? It could acctually improve things!
We'll never know till it happens of course but there is still room for maybe a small amount of optimism!

You know what? You're absolutely right. (You feel a "but" coming on?)
But! (there you have it)
Changing the line-up is changing the direction.
The SoP sound was made by the people who left now. Bringing in new members means bringing in new musical directions which can lead to something beautiful of course! But it's gonna be different for sure. Can they still name it Stream Of Passion?

Only time will tell I suppose...

Teunis

Just read this blog on MySpace, another change in lineup:

Farewell Davy / New SoP drummer
After many years of great musical collaboration, Stream of Passion and drummer Davy Mickers decided to part ways. Due to personal reasons, Davy took this step as he needs to devote more of his time to his family. Thus, he could not longer give Stream of Passion 100% of his energy. The band members wish him much happiness on this new journey in his life!

Stream of Passion is thrilled to present their fans with their new drummer: Martijn Peters. Martijn earned his extraordinary skills by playing and touring with bands like novAct, Backwater and Stentorian. He joined Stream of Passion just in time to play with them on the upcoming dates in support of their highly anticipated new album "The Flame Within".
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

PH

Which means only 2/6 of the original line up is there...