News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Hi ya'll ;)

Started by elisabeta, Sun, 2005-10-02, 16:23:07

Previous topic - Next topic

elisabeta

New here, as you might have noticed, so i thought i'd stop by and introduce myself.

I'm Anne from Norway, 25 years old, and an Arena fan since last night  ;)
Hope to be able to stop by here on a regular basis, although i am quite busy nowadays.

Someone wanna give me a quick little update on the board? Is it a friendly place? ;)

NijntjeRocks

Quote from: elisabeta on Sun, 2005-10-02, 16:23:07
Is it a friendly place? ;)
friendley? as in: f-r-i-e-n-d-l-y ?

nah, most people here arent able to find it in their vocabulairy :P

Wat'd you expect? All Arena fans together, each member is more than welcome :)
Hope to see you much around here, busy or not ;)
Nijntje=Miffy. Original Miffy: (in Dutch)

Teunis

Welcome elisabeta, or should I say Anne? Most people who registrate, stay here. No flamings, everyone is respecting each other. You will like it here!
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Appelmoes??

For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Saryna

Welcome Elisabeta!  Nice to see another prog babe!:) Yes, it's a very nice forum.

JJ II

Hi anne-elisabeta...

Welcome. Yes, it's a nice forum. the only problem si that we seem to have more posts off-topic than on-topis... but apart from that: it's very enjoyable ;)

I read you want to get into Arena a bit more... I'd say start with the Visitor and Contagion...

Peter

Arriving somewhere, but not here....

elisabeta

Yay, nice people! Thanks all  ;D

NijntjeRocks: Ahah, it seems like i will like it here from what i've seen so far. Lots of dutchies around i've noticed.. that's something i'm used to from the James LaBrie forum. It's an invasion  ::)

Teunis: I respond to both names online  ;)

Proglady and Saryna: Ahh, good to see some other girls here as well! Hello ;)

JJ LL: To my experience, that's the case in most forums. It can be great fun although i'm trying to be more serious now.. getting older, you know  ;)
Thanks for the tip on the cd's. I've been thinking about getting The Visitor myself because of a song they played from the album. Can't remember the name though...

keyboardistmatt

Hello, and welcome!

The song you are trying to remember the name of might be either "The Hanging Tree" or "A Crack In The Ice" ;)
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Moonloop

Hi there  ;D

Norway eh, nice place, went there on a cruise a few years ago. I think my wife was more interested in trying to spot Morten Harket (A-Ha frontman and babemagnet. Apparently) that taking in the scenery though  ::)

Beer's expensive too  :(

The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

elisabeta

Keyboardistmatt: thankies! i'll check it out for sure.. kind of a hard album to find so far though  :-\

Moonloop: Ahahah, Morten Harket ;D He's ok, but i'm still more impressed with the scenery ;)
Good to hear you liked it here. But yes, beer's expensive and so is everything else as well.

Emilia

ello! from another girl :)
big prog hugs and WELCOME !!!
My spirit is weeping, For freedom it cries, Been scraping my living In the valley of lies. Gonna ride the night to the morning sun. Resurrection is a gonna come.

Spad

Quote from: elisabeta on Wed, 2005-10-05, 22:56:43
[...] kind of a hard album to find so far though  :-\

[...]

.. you can find it for sure on CDuniverse.com (at about 20$ postage included.... that is less than I could find in stores here in Italy!!!)
I think you can even start with the double live album "Live & Life" which is a kind of best-of..... you can then choose among those tracks wich album/s you would like to buy next....  ;)

Good listen and.... oh yes! Welcome in the forum!  ;D

Bye.
Spad.

Does it to matter to you?
In the lions' cage we're all the same.

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: elisabeta on Wed, 2005-10-05, 22:56:43
Keyboardistmatt: thankies! i'll check it out for sure.. kind of a hard album to find so far though  :-\

Moonloop: Ahahah, Morten Harket ;D He's ok, but i'm still more impressed with the scenery ;)
Good to hear you liked it here. But yes, beer's expensive and so is everything else as well.

You can order it at your local CD store.

I don't want to have to pull out the online CD shop links list again... ;) ;D

elisabeta

Emilia: Hi there! Thanks a lot for the nice welcome and hugs back  :D

Spad: Ahh, thank you for the advice. I do love live albums, so i might be doing that. 20$ is probably a lot cheaper than anything i can find in the stores here as well.. the low-price chains don't usually have much prog except for DT, SX and so on, and the metal-stores are quite expensive. Live & Life it is! Thankies  ;)

Keyboardistmatt: Heh, since i'm new here i think you should pull out the link list..

Just kidding  ;D

Spad

Quote from: elisabeta on Fri, 2005-10-07, 20:34:50

[...]
the low-price chains don't usually have much prog except for DT, SX and so on, and the metal-stores are quite expensive. Live & Life it is! Thankies  ;)
[...]

... yes, I know... even here in Italy prog-Cds are difficult to find in stores.... the only shop (very little) in my city who has them, sells nothing under 20â,¬ while on-line I usually find them cheper!!!!  ;D  ;D

I'm happy my advice was useful...  :D  :D

Cheers!
Spad.

Does it to matter to you?
In the lions' cage we're all the same.

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: elisabeta on Fri, 2005-10-07, 20:34:50
Keyboardistmatt: Heh, since i'm new here i think you should pull out the link list..

Just kidding  ;D

**sigh** ;)  Ok: here's a few!

www.verglas.com  <-- Try this one first!! ;)

failing that...
www.amazon.com
www.gft-cyclops.co.uk
www.hmv.com

Higgins III

A natural good samaritain dearest. Isn't he lovely. Even when he hardly knows someone he stops to help. What a great guy. See you soon bro ::) ;D
...wot does the rest of the alphabet equal?

Higgins III

why am i reading that back of a Glenmorangie 10 year old single highland malt scotch whicky tin

i didn't know i culd read
...wot does the rest of the alphabet equal?

elisabeta

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Sat, 2005-10-08, 22:06:26
**sigh** ;)  Ok: here's a few!

www.verglas.com  <-- Try this one first!! ;)

failing that...
www.amazon.com
www.gft-cyclops.co.uk
www.hmv.com

Thank you!  ;D

The Pope

Quote from: Higgins III on Sun, 2005-10-09, 12:45:35
why am i reading that back of a Glenmorangie 10 year old single highland malt scotch whicky tin

i didn't know i culd read

What does that WHICKY taste like then Higgins, bet it's a load of crip! ;D
I need a biscuit !

gelert

Quote from: Moonloop on Mon, 2005-10-03, 13:41:49
Beer's expensive too  :(

Welcome Elisabeta...we don't have to worry about the price of beer in this country, as it's FREE...as long as you can get to a non-existant Northern England Railway Station at PRECISELY the right time...

...we call it "happy ower"...

Enjoy.
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: The Pope on Wed, 2005-10-12, 19:12:46
What does that WHICKY taste like then Higgins, bet it's a load of crip! ;D
I did wonder that myself... :P