News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Track you've always wanted but could never get.

Started by The Pope, Fri, 2005-09-02, 15:53:07

Previous topic - Next topic

The Pope

Been searching and searching for Backstreet love by Curved Air and found it yesterday on a compilation C.D. along with a whole load of other little gems and I got to wondering what's the track you've always wanted but struggled to find?
I need a biscuit !

Appelmoes??

I want the album 'wireless' from threshold. I've ordered it at my music store, but it still hasn't arived after 4 months :'(
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Teunis

I have always wanted the debut album of Rocket Scientists (with Erik Norlander) called 'Earthbound'. Ordered at several internet shops, but unfortunately out of order  :(.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Xanxtuary

For quite a few years now, I've wanted to get the track "Earth Died Screaming" by Tom Waits ... no not the UB40 song ... although a mate got me an MP3 of it, it was terrible quality and I wanted the original.  Happily the other week I found the album that it's on (Bone Machine) so now I have a proper listenable version.

Another track that I would love to get is "A kissed out red floatboat" by the Cocteau Twins.  A while back I tried to download it but only part of it downloaded.  I keep looking out for Cocteau Twins albums coz I love them anyway but I've never seen this track on an album.
Progpriestess Xanxtuary Hogweed

keyboardistmatt

I was looking for "Somebody's Watching Me" by ROCKWELL for ages...

I gave up... Couldn't even get it on Amazon... Or eBay!
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

keyboardistmatt

Hmmmm.... It would also be nice to get RICK WAKEMAN - 'No Earthly Connection' but it's not on CD... >:(

Damn A&M records!! ;D

Pegas

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Fri, 2005-09-02, 17:56:05
I want the album 'wireless' from threshold. I've ordered it at my music store, but it still hasn't arived after 4 months :'(

I bought Wireless last year on Threshold gig and it's really interesting to hear acoustic version of their song. Unfortunately I think it's out of print according to www.thresh.net

Appelmoes??

Yes, I got news of that by mail. Stupid me didn't bought the album at the Threshold gig last year, because I had to buy a Threshold-shirt ::)

*bangs head to wall and repeatedly says: Stupid, stupid, stupid...*
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Xanxtuary

This talk of Threshold just reminded me ...

For ages now me and Hogweed have been trying to get hold of the Critical Energy DVD set.  It's not in any store in our hometown, we have looked repeatedly.  I couldn't order it off the Threshold site at that time because I didn't have a credit card but I recently got one ... so excitedly, card in hand, I hastened to my computer and clicked to order ...

Apparently it's no longer available via the website.  I received a friendly but apologetic email from Richard West, suggesting that I try Amazon, HMV online, etc.  So it's ordered ... and I'm waiting and hoping!
Progpriestess Xanxtuary Hogweed

PH

Lighthouse Family - High

I heard this song years ago and liked it very much. Didn't know who they were.
Then a couple of months ago I heard it again and heard it was Lighthouse Family, so I immediately downloaded the song :-X got the song from somewhere.

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2005-10-03, 17:24:05
Lighthouse Family - High

I heard this song years ago and liked it very much. Didn't know who they were.
Then a couple of months ago I heard it again and heard it was Lighthouse Family, so I immediately downloaded the song :-X got the song from somewhere.

Nice recovery! ;)

PH

Yeah, now it's floating around on my harddisk somewhere... can't find it anymore... Oh there it is!
*plays it*
Yeah it's a nice tune... Reminds me of the good ol' time when I was young and life seemed so wonderful. :-\ :) ;)

keyboardistmatt

PH

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Mon, 2005-10-03, 19:16:13
I remember days like that... :'(

For you those good ol' days are even more ol' days than mine. In that case I'm still living in "the best years of my life"... ahem...

sorry. ;)

I really can get emotional when I think about the good ol' days. The time we're living in is sad, actually.

Maybe I'm in my depressed-phase... It's my age I think. ;)

Moonloop

Quote from: Xanxtuary on Sun, 2005-09-25, 16:31:56
This talk of Threshold just reminded me ...

For ages now me and Hogweed have been trying to get hold of the Critical Energy DVD set.  It's not in any store in our hometown, we have looked repeatedly.  I couldn't order it off the Threshold site at that time because I didn't have a credit card but I recently got one ... so excitedly, card in hand, I hastened to my computer and clicked to order ...

Apparently it's no longer available via the website.  I received a friendly but apologetic email from Richard West, suggesting that I try Amazon, HMV online, etc.  So it's ordered ... and I'm waiting and hoping!

GFT have it for £17 (the DVD, not the limited CD/DVD set)

www.gft-cyclops.co.uk

or

0208 397 1998

;D
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

Emilia

The only thing I 've ever craved for to have was the soundtrack music from "Highlander I", but someone told me it was never released on a CD and only exists (If at all !) as a vinyl version which was released when the film was made back in 1986 (?) I 've been looking for it EVERYWHERE! in second hand shops, music stores, on the net, nor do I know any Queen fan who has it , so I am starting to believe it does not exist at all  :-\
The point is the music from "a Kind of Magic" by Queen is not really the film soundtrack, the songs you can hear in the movie were recorded in different versions, and of course there is lots of music which was composed especially for this film and is not in the Queen CD. The reasons why I want this soundtrack so much is :
1. I am a BIG BIG BIG Q. fan
2. I love the movie! (only the 1st part)
3. I love Ch. Lambert, S. Connery and C. Brown  :)
4. I love the music (Princes of the Universe and Who Wants to Live Forever are just awesome!)
ANYONE HERE who knows anything about this movie soundtrack??? ???
I would die for this one!
Emilia
My spirit is weeping, For freedom it cries, Been scraping my living In the valley of lies. Gonna ride the night to the morning sun. Resurrection is a gonna come.

PH

keyboardistmatt

Emilia

do you really believe all girl's promises?  ;D
My spirit is weeping, For freedom it cries, Been scraping my living In the valley of lies. Gonna ride the night to the morning sun. Resurrection is a gonna come.

PH

Higgins III

A good thing to remember for future reference. Especially when it comes to promises:

There are lies,
Damn lies,
Statistics

or

Revenge on broken promises
Promises on revenge
Who used the toilet last?

;D don't ask!
...wot does the rest of the alphabet equal?

keyboardistmatt

This is another one of those threads that has gone well off topic... ;D

PH

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2005-10-04, 12:30:09
Quote from: Emilia on Tue, 2005-10-04, 12:22:47I would die for this one!

"Be careful what you wish for" ;)

It's my fault. :'(

But...err... I can't think of antoher track I've always wanted but never could get.

gelert

Dear Tony Banks...

Isn't it about time that you got around to releasing "The Wicked Lady" soundtrack on CD...ReMastered natch.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Rick Wakeman...

Isn't it about time that you got around to kicking A&M's butts, so that your LPs various were ReMastered and released.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Microsoft...

Isn't it about time that your spell-checquer ashley werkt...?  ::)
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Wilford Jr.

No longer feeling anything
Fading fast
Nothing lasts
Beyond the waking hour