News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

WinterStrain

Started by Deenfan, Sun, 2005-05-01, 12:14:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Deenfan

Another one online:

http://www.winterstrain.com/html/music.html

This time, an uptempo straight rocker. Press F5 if you can't get clickadelicisinityishness or anything really. Help me... ;D

Deenfan

Well, my friends, I have given my first international interview! Which of course means instant stardom and utter world domination...

It was weird seeing my own face on the front page like that:

http://www.strikeupthebands.net

Of course, in a few days, I won't occupy it anymore. But you will find the interview. I'm R.E.Nyland.

We even got a fantastic review, although I can't for the life of me hear ANY Gamma Ray in our music. Hardly Edguy, and very little Symphony X, although I see what she means. But that's just the fun of it! Getting to know so many different thoughts about our stuff. You can't beat it.

Another great piece of news is that we're pretty much set with regards to the actual release of our album. :)

Hope to God someone replies to this post... :-[ :-\ :-X :-*

gelert

Quote from: Deenfan on Tue, 2005-08-09, 00:26:30
I'm R.E.Nyland.

Hope to God someone replies to this post... :-[ :-\ :-X :-*

Hello "Reny Land",

Welcome to the forum...

You'll find that we're a friendly bunch of misfits here....etc., etc.....

;D

But shame on you for not mentioning Arena ONCE, in the interview....  :P
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Deenfan

Didn't I? :o ???? ??? I must have...???  Let me bleeding check this out... Wait a minute, I'm opening another window...

HAH!!!!! I won't force you through the pain of re-reading it, so here is the quote:

"The first thing I heard the keyboardist ever play was “Pseudo silk kimono� by Marillion, and I think he, too was into Led Z a lot. Lately, I’ve turned him into a great fan of Arena!"

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

How could you doubt me?  :'( You think I'm on every f***in' board on this web? Like I have no life??? >:(

Thank you for replying to my post, Gelert! You're a gentleman!!! :D

Peter

Hehe, the very first thing that came to my mind when opening up that interview page was:

"awww, all Flash?"

The second was:

"awww, are they available in pretty?"

:P

Sorry, could not resist...! :D
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Deenfan

Hmmm... I'm slow... First, don't blame me for the flash! It's not my page, and the pretty thing either means:

1) You're surprised at seeing the first handsome looking prog band in the world

or, and much worse:

2) We're damn ugly, and you're interested in a better looking band

;D Give it to me!!!  ;D

gelert

Sorry Deenfan...my "bad"...  :-[

I was quite impressed with the site myself. Particularly with the fact that a relevant piece of music is automatically played whilst one reads the article...it seems to make the whole interview/article so much more relevant...whether it's done by Flash or MIDI or gas-powered sea-biscuit is, in this case, largely irrelevant IMHO.
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Deenfan

;D :D

But you must admit that the gas-powered sea-biscuit solution IS more digadelic!!

Cheers from the either very pretty or with a face that leaves much to be desired

Deenfan.

Which is it, Peter?

Deenfan

The guy doesn't want to answer... I wanna know if I'm ugly or not!!!

Oh, well... the wife is still open for my... thoughts. Or, call it ideas... ;D

Peter

Quote from: Deenfan on Sat, 2005-08-13, 21:54:24
The guy doesn't want to answer... I wanna know if I'm ugly or not!!!

Oh, well... the wife is still open for my... thoughts. Or, call it ideas... ;D

Well, it was a friendly insult, to give you a hint :)
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Deenfan

Oh, f**k, I'm ugly then... Hey, wait a minute... While you're in the friendly mood, would you agree that the band as a whole is ugly, DESPITE my favourable looks!? I'll be the good looking guy. HA! The singer can dream of chicks. Just wait until I rise from behind the drums...

Almost sad to be so extremely happily married, with this face and all that love to go around... ;D

By the way, a little dose of PROG is available in the form of a soundclip of the track "A battle". It's our keyboard player's warped sense of logic that is to blame for the music in that song. I had an "interesting" time putting a melody to that music. He blames it on my chaotic lyrics, of course. Damn the ugly bastard!! :D

Looks like it's gonna be hard to make it to Trondheim in october... :'(

gelert

Quote from: Deenfan on Sun, 2005-08-14, 23:41:03
Oh, f**k, I'm ugly then... Hey, wait a minute... While you're in the friendly mood, would you agree that the band as a whole is ugly, DESPITE my favourable looks!? I'll be the good looking guy. HA! The singer can dream of chicks. Just wait until I rise from behind the drums...

Fnarr, fnarr...  :o

It's our keyboard player's warped sense of logic that is to blame for the music in that song. I had an "interesting" time putting a melody to that music. He blames it on my chaotic lyrics, of course.
Happy days....reminds me of when I was in a band...playing keyboards...with my warped sense of logic...and the vocalist's chaotic lyrics...
Hello....don't I know you from somewhere...?  ;D

Looks like it's gonna be hard to make it to Trondheim in October...
What a GREAT lyric... Go for it, DF....!

Emilia

Hey!
I was trying to read the interview but it would not open  ??? only "Could not find the page" info, is this link still working?
By the way, have you ever thought of writing a song in your native language, that would be interesting, never heard anything sang in this I guess beautiful language... ;)
Emilia
My spirit is weeping, For freedom it cries, Been scraping my living In the valley of lies. Gonna ride the night to the morning sun. Resurrection is a gonna come.

Deenfan

I wrote folk songs in norwegian once upon a time. When I was basically a kid. Humourous stuff. Not bad even today, but I can't say I feel like doing it.

About the link, I'll open the page, copy the adress and paste it in here:

http://www.strikeupthebands.net/

Click on "reviews" and look for WinterStrain

Click on "interviews" and look for Rolf-Erik Nyland

We're no longer on the front page. This is a very high-tech site, from what little I can understand. Our guitar player has never been able to view it on his pre-historic mac...

Thanks for trying!!!

Deenfan

Now, all our songs are represented on the site. The last one, "Sail" is 9:14, so the clip shows too little of it. But I decided to make sure the first part of the keyboard solo got squeezed in, so check that out!

"A battle", the song before that, is also pretty proggy. Mostly instrumental clip, just to show another side of us.

http://www.winterstrain.com/html/music.html

And another interview can be found here:  http://www.theburiedcry.com/ (R.E.Nyland as usual...)

A very good interview with Steve Hogarth of Marillion can also be found there, in addition to one with Porcupine Tree. I really enjoyed the Hogarth interview. Check it out.

Deenfan

And we're SIGNED!!!!! Z records in the beautiful UK will release the album worldwide.

"Return to the mirror" is scheduled for release the 17th of November!!

My God, I'm happy! ;D

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Deenfan on Wed, 2005-10-26, 01:33:17
And we're SIGNED!!!!! Z records in the beautiful UK will release the album worldwide.

"Return to the mirror" is scheduled for release the 17th of November!!

My God, I'm happy! ;D

Congratulations!! :)
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Appelmoes??

For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Deenfan

Hey, thanks, guys!! It feels strange. But I guess this is what I started dreaming about 19 years ago... I was 14 then.  :-\

Well, what the heck! ;D ;D ;D ;D

johninblack

Hi, Have to say I have been really impressed with what i've heard so far and congratulations on the deal, well deserved. My birthday is nov 15th so I guess i'll have to buy myself one of your albums. I wish you the very best of luck!!

TomSawYa

Quote from: johninblack on Thu, 2005-10-27, 00:24:17
Hi, Have to say I have been really impressed with what i've heard so far and congratulations on the deal, well deserved. My birthday is nov 15th so I guess i'll have to buy myself one of your albums. I wish you the very best of luck!!

Um, Deen, shouldn´t John get a signed copy from you for his birthday, what do you think ?  ::)

Hard to believe, but with the release date the strain will be over before winter´s coming along (at least south of the polar circle  :) )

Changes aren´t permanent - but change is !

Deenfan

John was born two days early!!! :D

Well, the ground is white where I am, and I'll head out to the shed for firewood when this post is... posted.

A strain is many things, by the way. Not only hardship. Mood, a hint of a melody, heritage... By the way, the keyboards on the album are mainly Korg Trinity V3 w/moss card(?). Also some Yamaha sound module and a digital piano. Since the recording sessions, Karl has sold his Trinity (I'll kill him when I see him) and bought himself a Triton Extreme (I'll kiss him when I see him).

Trouble is, we need to buy a new Trinity, just like the one he had, 'cause we're recording our next album right now, and we're missing a sound!!! KeyboardistMatt, do you see this? Have any spare??? :P

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Deenfan on Thu, 2005-10-27, 17:17:42
Trouble is, we need to buy a new Trinity, just like the one he had, 'cause we're recording our next album right now, and we're missing a sound!!! KeyboardistMatt, do you see this? Have any spare??? :P

Unfortunately, I don't own a Trinity.  I have used a Trinity though, and I therefore plan to get a TR Rack.  I won't get the Trinity keyboard, though - I'm running out of room for keyboards!! :P

Deenfan

Our keyboard player's sex fantasy is to build himself in with keyboards, never to get out again... And still he keeps selling them off, and still we need some blasted sound that is not on the new one, and so on...

And I must run around buying back his old keyboards!!!! >:(

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Deenfan on Sat, 2005-10-29, 20:56:42
Our keyboard player's sex fantasy is to build himself in with keyboards, never to get out again... And still he keeps selling them off, and still we need some blasted sound that is not on the new one, and so on...
Well... it's hardly a SEX fantasy... :-\
but I do see the logic! ;D

Quote from: Deenfan on Sat, 2005-10-29, 20:56:42
And I must run around buying back his old keyboards!!!! >:(
What a great job! (As long as I'm not paying...) ;D