News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Now Reading Thread

Started by Moonloop, Tue, 2005-04-26, 09:47:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonloop

As per the Now Playing one - but not a thread you can post on every half hour  ;)

Clive Barker - Abarat

For (ahem) "Younger" readers really but I like his writing style (and wierd imagination) and so thought I'd read it anyway  :) . Pretty good so far  ;D
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

Peter

Good idea :)

George R. R. Martin - A Game of Thrones (german edition is called 'Die Herren von Winterfell')

(Last book was: Dan Brown - Illuminati)
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Moonloop

Quote from: Peter on Tue, 2005-04-26, 10:50:05
Good idea :)

George R. R. Martin - A Game of Thrones (german edition is called 'Die Herren von Winterfell')

(Last book was: Dan Brown - Illuminati)

That's a great series, one of favourites ever. The next volume is "A Feast For Crows" but he's been writing it for nearly 5 years now  :(  , wish he'd hurry up.....

Appelmoes??

R. Feist - The Krondor Trilogy
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Xanxtuary

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Tue, 2005-04-26, 11:46:56
R. Feist - The Krondor Trilogy

Love Feist, one of my all time favourite authors.  Just finished reading King of Foxes from the Conclave of Shadows Trilogy.  The third part doesn't seem to be on sale yet ... can't wait.  The Riftwar Saga is also worth reading, as is the Mistress of the Empire trilogy (co-written with Janny Wurtz)
Progpriestess Xanxtuary Hogweed

kmorse

Well, come to think of it, right now, I'm reading this thread!

And I'm listening to my furnace. It is May 1 and snowing. Blast this Colorado weather!
I'm falling.....Falling down again!

Teunis

I don't like reading books, find it quite boring. I only read magazines of my interest: sports and nature. With nature I mean: animals, especially birds, in case you think something different  ;D.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Moonloop

Just started "Shakey", Neil Youngs autobiography. Should keep me going for a couple of weeks  ;D

Xanxtuary

Been reading election results for the past couple of days, trying to make sense of it all!  ???

But for much-needed escapism, I'm reading a book that Hoggie's had for ages, Piercing  the Darkness, can't recall author's name in my present condition and can't be bothered to go look.  It's about demons and angels fighting a battle and the human souls that get embroiled in their spiritual battles.

Appelmoes??

Quote from: Xanxtuary on Sun, 2005-05-01, 15:37:37
Love Feist, one of my all time favourite authors.  Just finished reading King of Foxes from the Conclave of Shadows Trilogy.  The third part doesn't seem to be on sale yet ... can't wait.  The Riftwar Saga is also worth reading, as is the Mistress of the Empire trilogy (co-written with Janny Wurtz)
I have already read The Riftwar Saga as well as Prince of the Blood and The Kings Buccaneer. My girlfriend makes me read the books, but I don't mind, the're great! ;)
Today I'm going to finnish the Krondor Trilogy. The first book was imho a bit boring so it took a long time before I completely read it, but the other books are better and today I will finnish the third. Maybe I will show up more on the forum after today :o ;D
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Oliver Twist

The Lord Of The Rings (repeatedly since 1968!)
Hammer Of The Gods - Stephen Davis
The Jungle Is Neutral - F Spencer Chapman DSO
The HitchHikers Guide To the Galaxy series (repeatedly since 1979!)
Sahara - Micheal Palin
Violent Ward - Len Deighton
MacWorld
Anything with Pirates in it (that's cutlass waving Pirates - not blokes at boot sales with dodgy copies of HHGTTG)
Mac OS X Bible
Various audio books in the car - Bill Bryson - Capt WE Johns (read by Micheal Palin - superb)
And this thread  :P
web.mac.com/ianmoff  - iChat/AIM: ianmoff
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do your ears a favour - www.radioparadise.com

Moonloop

Quote from: Oliver Twist on Mon, 2005-05-09, 22:46:58
The HitchHikers Guide To the Galaxy series (repeatedly since 1979!)

Absolute and total CLASS  ;D

Xanxtuary

Now reading "The Ice Mage" by Julia Gray, an author who I've just discovered.  I'm waiting for Hogweed to finish reading The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, which will be a long time, since there's a lot of Chronicles.

Of course, Lord of the Rings is an all-time favourite, but I have to be in the right mood (and have the time) to really settle down and read it.  From time to time I pick it up and read bits of it, but I need a long flight or train journey, etc, to have the uninterrupted pleasure.  Or a nice long vacation ...

Hitchhiker's Guide series is also one of my favourites,

Moonloop

Nearly finished book 2 of Robin Hobb's "Tawny Man". I'm beginning to think she's one of the best fantasy authors ever  8)

Moonloop

Just started Dan Brown's "Deception Point". Certainly a page-turner, am a third of the way through already  :o

mdread666

mdread666

...for it is a human number,
It's number is six hundred and sixty six.

Peter

Quote from: mdread666 on Thu, 2005-06-09, 11:10:34
Breakfast In Biarritz

what, the booklet?

heh, back again, in old form...../cynism
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Moonloop

Dan Brown's "Digital Fortress". Should take me a couple of days if his previous ones are anything to go by  ;D

keyboardistmatt

The Nord Lead 3 brochure...
Most exciting! ;D
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Moonloop

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Wed, 2005-06-29, 17:12:07
The Nord Lead 3 brochure...
Most exciting! ;D

Is that the third in the trilogy  ;D  ;D

Deenfan

Neil Peart - The masked rider

What a great writer he is! :)

Moonloop

Garth Nix - Mister Monday  ;D

Xanxtuary

Julia Gray - The Guardian Cycle

Just finished Book 1 - The Dark Moon and now moved on to Book 2 - The Jasper Forest. 

I only recently discovered her work through reading The Ice Mage and am keen to read more.  I think she is a fairly new author and I love her writing so far.

Constable Hogweed

Just finished the first series of "The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant" about to get my teeth into the second series which includes "Wounded Land" ( Sounds familiar  that 'un  ;D )

erik

Jonathan Safran Foer - Everything Is Illuminated

Original and funny. Just started in it, after working my way trough Mervyn Peake's Gormenghast Trilogy. Loved the first two books, found the third one dissapointing and difficult to get through.
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..