News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Sieges Even

Started by funkster, Thu, 2009-11-05, 08:00:04

Previous topic - Next topic

funkster

Any fans of this band and if so what is recommedned to a newcomer ?

Iggy

Quote from: funkster on Thu, 2009-11-05, 08:00:04
Any fans of this band and if so what is recommedned to a newcomer ?

I only have The Art of Navigating by the Stars and Paramount so not really in a position to recommend but I quite enjoy The Art of Navigating by the Stars.

I think Subsignal is a couple of the guys from SE and I think Maddox and Teunis like it.

Nicky007

Quote from: Iggy on Thu, 2009-11-05, 08:28:11
I think Subsignal is a couple of the guys from SE ...

Singer Arno Menses and guitarist Markus Steffen from SE, bassist Ralf Schwager and keyboardist David Bertok from Dreamscape, and Roel van Helden from Sun Caged, all excellent bands. (I have cd's by all three.)

Three krauts and two marshmellows - wonder what that tastes like ;D

Quote from: Iggy on Thu, 2009-11-05, 08:28:11
... and I think Maddox and Teunis like it.

+ me  :o

Wonder when they'l consider'm "notable" enuff for an article in Wikipedia  ::)

Yup, Funkster, SE is a great band, one of my pantheon bands.

Medium-heavy metal, lots of fine melody, exceptional musicianship, and lotta fabulous twists and turns. Music for the thinking wo/man  *horns*

I too recom Navigating as a good starter album  8)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2009-11-05, 12:10:37
+ me  :o

And me! I have Subsignal's debut-album and it rocks! If you already like Sieges Even you can't go wrong. :)

I can't believe I still haven't listened to Sieges Even's 'The Art Of Navigating By The Stars' yet, since I absolutely adore 'Paramount'!

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

maddox

And me!

Oeps... sorry.  :-[ :-X ;)

About Subsignal: Don't expect something like Sieges Even on this one.
It's not totally different then SE but in my opinion, besides the vocals of Arno, you can't really compare these two.

Funny thing is, when it comes to Sieges Even i only have the albums The Art Of [bladibla], Paramount and Playgrounds [live album from the guyz].
From these three albums The Art is beyond doubt their best and although the first track of Paramount [When Alpha And Omega Collide] would've fit perfectly on The Art [etc etc], the other songs on Paramount are a bit more ... eh... mainstream [hate that word, but that's how i would describe it]

So best album to me is indeed The Art Of Navigating By The Stars.
Technical as Nigel Kenedy [name suddenly popped up in my mind, sorry  :-[ ;)], very Rush-like but with better vocals.  :D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.