News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Praying Mantis

Started by Deenfan, Fri, 2009-10-23, 21:03:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Deenfan

Ok, these guys have served up some really glorious moments in melodic rock, but have never been recognized outside a small circle of afficionados. I think it's the name, and maybe the relatively low-budget impression you get from the first albums. Which I have heard very little of. A lot of info is available on Wiki.

To start with the latest thing they've done, here is a fine video from their last album, Sanctuary. A fine song, from an album I've had for only a few days. This one is from my favourite PM album, "A cry for the new world". I think this is the best singer they've ever had. He left because he got a leading role in a more or less permanent run of the musical "Hair" (I think). Musical singers are always brilliant, and it was no surprise he got such a role. Colin Peel was his name, if I'm not much mistaken.

In some of the videos you can see long time member Dennis Stratton, who was in Iron Maiden in the beginning. Clive Burr, of the same, also was in this band. Here is the title track from my favourite album, this live is with Gary Barden (MSG) on vocals, instead of Peel, and he gives it his best, although Peel made it very hard for anyone to do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlTfGeLBzAM

Check it out!