News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Anyone here got a Last FM account?

Started by Steve Jones, Sun, 2008-09-28, 20:50:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Jones

Despite having listened to the odd thing on Last FM, I've never bothered to set up an account until this evening.

Once it had analysed my iTunes history some of the results were quite suprising.  My most played track is Magnum's 'Kingdom of Madness' it would seem.  Now, whilst I'm a huge Magnum fan, that came as news to me - I guess it's down to the number of times it crops up on live albums.  Similarly, Marillion's 'See it Like a Baby' as second most played is a bit of an eye opener.  One of my fave bands, but I'd never have said that was the track I'd played the most.  Must be down to the download single, CD single, album version, etc, etc.

OK, it's not very accurate, as it's only what I've played on my iPod/iTunes and completely ignores the thousands of times I've shoved a CD into a CD player (remember when we used to do that?) but it's all interesting stuff nontheless.

I can be found at http://www.last.fm/user/ElectricNose/library#p1 - have a go yourself if you can, it's quite fascinating.  8)
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Deenfan

Interesting, with these surprises.

I don't have an account like this, but from my early teens and for many years thereafter, I kept count of which albums I'd listened to, and how much. A whole album would be 50 points, one song (out of ten) would be 5. This was a part of having my cd collection as a hobby, and I made a "Playslist" - a personal hit-list, every month, which doubled as a short diary. If I go back now and look at these printed-out monthly sheets, I will be reminded of what life was about at the time.

I was always stunned by how few times I listened to each album. The absolute top banana, ever, is "On a storyteller's night", and I'd listened to that about 110 times. I was also surprised by which albums from each artist I'd listened to the most. I've put "When dream and day unite" into the player more times than "Images and words", for instance. I woudn't have guessed.

Albums I thought I'd listened to a lot, came up with a count of 12. 12 times, I'd listened to them... That isn't MUCH, is it?

Steve Jones

It's all fascinating stuff, in a musical trainspotting kind of way.  ;D

Unfortunately I'm rapidly going off Last FM as, after the initial archive upload, it seems to ignore anything I play on my iPod.  I'm not that interested that I'm willing to spend time fiddling with the piece of junk, I'd sooner be listening to some fine music. 8)
Regards, Steve Jones

maddox

Yes, i've got one too.
Didn't really know if it was any interesting but there are quite some usefull options on LastFM.
Plus you get the chance to meet/discover new bands.

Also good.  8)

This is mine by the way.  ;)

http://www.last.fm/user/Alexepex
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Steve Jones

Quote from: maddox on Thu, 2008-10-02, 20:26:43
This is mine by the way.  ;)

http://www.last.fm/user/Alexepex

Blimey!  So you like Arena? :D

I've uninstalled the LastFM gubbins from my computer - it just wouldn't scrobble pick-up anything I played on my iPoo >:(
Regards, Steve Jones

maddox

Steve Jones

Quote from: maddox on Thu, 2008-10-02, 20:37:22
Are-who?  ???

Gesundheit! ;D

I've now reinstalled the LastFM software and managed my first iPoop scrobble sync.  Well, a man's got to have a hobby... ::)
Regards, Steve Jones

maddox

Steve Jones

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2008-10-03, 20:46:49
And now i've got a friend.  :D

Don't let it go to your head! ;D

Latest thing to p*ss me off with LastFM - it managed to ignore a whole album I played but scrobble sync three tracks that aren't even on my iPlop >:(
Regards, Steve Jones

The Butterfly Man

Time for this topic's second life.....

Anyone of the current Roomies have a Last.fm-account? I've been using Last.fm for more than a year now and I really find it interesting! Here's some more information about Last.fm: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last.fm.

You can find my Last.fm-page in my profile here. Feel free to add me as a friend. :)

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

aswas

Never heard of this. I guess I will check it out. Thanks
don't fly... too close to the sun

maddox

Oh, yeah...LastFM. ...

I'm familiar with that.

Somewhat. ...  ;)

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2010-04-25, 20:23:33
Oh, yeah...LastFM. ...

I'm familiar with that.

Somewhat. ...  ;)

No, serious? :o ;)
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...