News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Amaseffer

Started by maddox, Sun, 2008-06-15, 19:33:39

Previous topic - Next topic

maddox

Have anyone heard about this Israellian band?

I've heard a track on their myspace site and you can also listen to some tracks (on full song and some samples) on their own site.

The tracks sound's really good.

Like i said, it's an Israellian band and in the official lineup there are three guys (two guitarists and one drummer) added with some special guests like Angela Gossow (Arch Enemy) and Mats LĂ©ven who sang with Yngwie J. Malmsteen in the past.
Actually the first choice of the male singer was Andy Kuntz of Vanden Plass but because of some several problems that didn't work out.

I personally really like it and must say that i've already ordered a copy of their new album Slaves Of Life, which btw is suppose to be a trilogy-concept story about Moses and the exodus to Egypt. This might catch someone's attention.  ;)

Listen to the full song and the samples and tell me what you think of it.  :)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

maddox

Apparently nobody finds the band interesting.
Too bad since i do believe it's suitable for some of the Roomies around here.

Guys, give it a try if you haven't already.

You'll be amazed.  *horns*

I hope.  ;D ;)

Iggy

I listened to the stuff on their site and did quite enjoy it.

Proglady

Quote from: Iggy on Fri, 2008-06-20, 23:51:35
I listened to the stuff on their site and did quite enjoy it.

I have the album and I love it!  *horns*

PH

I heard about it through Progwereld.org.
Sounds VERY interesting!

Will check it out soon. (After all my schoolwork is over...)

-Paco

maddox

If anyone is interested, you can listen to the title track Slaves For Life over here.

Enjoy!  8)

johninblack

Quote from: maddox on Thu, 2008-07-10, 22:07:26
If anyone is interested, you can listen to the title track Slaves For Life over here.

Enjoy!  8)

Now listening, rather good ain't it!

maddox

Quote from: johninblack on Sun, 2008-07-13, 14:03:12

Now listening, rather good ain't it!

You have no idea.  ;D

This album has such great filmesque moments it's almost like you're listening to a play in the theatre.

An epical album from start to finish of eh...epical proportions.  *horns*

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2008-07-13, 19:33:45
You have no idea.  ;D

This album has such great filmesque moments it's almost like you're listening to a play in the theatre.

An epical album from start to finish of eh...epical proportions.  *horns*

Epica? ???

;D
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

maddox

johninblack

An epica(l) epic of epic proportions then?

The Butterfly Man

Already a couple of months ago I downloaded the song 'Slaves For Life' from their website and listened to it once. I hated it. Don't really know why, it just didn't connect with me. But maybe I wasn't in the right mood.........

Today I gave the tracks on their MySpace a couple of listens and although it needs some time to get used to, I think I'm beginning to like it! I'm thinking of buying it, especially after reading some very positive reviews. Once I'm totally hooked (which is going to happen sooner or later) I can see this album end high on my list of 2008.  :)

Tom

maddox

More sooner than later, Tom.  ;)

I'm just glad that some of you even took the time to listen to it. In my opinion it sure as hell is worth your attention but i can imagine it isn't suitable for everyone.

But for me: It's so freakin' good.  8)
The album even knocked Demians off the first place in the 'Best Newcomer of the year' list.  8)

Steve Jones

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2008-07-14, 20:03:12
I'm just glad that some of you even took the time to listen to it. In my opinion it sure as hell is worth your attention but i can imagine it isn't suitable for everyone.

The quick listen I had sounded promising.  Unfortunately I foolishly clicked on one of the other tabs to find out more, which of course killed the music stone dead!  I shall come back to it another day, but I'm trying to cut down on purchases at the moment.  Honestly I am.  ;)
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Nicky007

Quote from: Steve Jones on Mon, 2008-07-14, 23:14:23
... I foolishly clicked on one of the other tabs to find out more ...

Yeah, there are a lot of pretty girls  :-*

"Prog ... was it prog ?"  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2008-07-14, 20:03:12
The album even knocked Demians off the first place in the 'Best Newcomer of the year' list.  8)

That's impossible! :o

;)

Tom

maddox

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Thu, 2008-07-17, 14:59:44
That's impossible! :o

;)

Tom

Listen to the album and you'll know why, Tom.  ;)

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2008-07-18, 21:16:23
Listen to the album and you'll know why, Tom.  ;)

Nah, I simply like Demians so much...I really cannot see Amaseffer 'beat' them to be honest...I still listen to Building An Empire almost every day and every time I like it more.

Though I have to say that everything I've heard from Amaseffer so far sounds promising to say the least so we'll see how it goes.

But maybe it helps if I buy the album first and then draw my conclusions... ;D

Tom

maddox

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Sat, 2008-07-19, 23:40:39

But maybe it helps if I buy the album first and then draw my conclusions... ;D

Tom

That's a good idea i'd say.  ;D

Proglady

To my opinion Amaseffer is much better than Demians. Listening to Demians didn't do much for me,  ::) maybe I should give them another chance.

Iggy

Quote from: Proglady on Thu, 2008-07-24, 13:23:29
To my opinion Amaseffer is much better than Demians. Listening to Demians didn't do much for me,  ::) maybe I should give them another chance.

i agree.

demians is in the car now so I will give it a good go before consigning it to the digital wasteland.

maddox

I agree too but...

I do think that Building An Empire is one heck of a release. I rate it very high.
You two definitely should give Damiens another try because i think it's worth it.  8)

Steve Jones

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2008-07-25, 21:15:59
I do think that Building An Empire is one heck of a release. I rate it very high.
You two definitely should give Damiens another try because i think it's worth it.  8)

Gotta agree there, hooked me from the outset and has been reeling me in more and more ever since.  8)

Amaseffer is utterly awesome (I'm playing it now) but it's a very different kind of awesome.  Comparing the two bands is much like comparing apples and oranges...
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Iggy

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2008-07-25, 21:15:59
I agree too but...

Don't worry I will.

The good thing is when a CD doesn't grip me straight away if I like it later it usually becomes a favourite.